NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Dec 5, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #2,342 of 3,483
I can’t remember where I read this, maybe the Andro thread?, but taking the orange foam from a symbio W tip and putting it inside the spiral dot instead is the best sounding tip so far.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,344 of 3,483
Any suggestions on the most quiet amp to use with the Atlas? I prefer a completely black background. Please list your best fit experience. Thanks
My Shure sha900 is total black background. There are many dac amps to fit the bill though

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #2,345 of 3,483
The atlas is a wonderful iem and definitely fills a different niche than Solaris, as someone lucky enough to have both. The Solaris is more of an all-arounder whereas the atlas has a more fun, bigger sound. The Solaris has more sparkle, better layering, and an airier presentation, but the atlas is warmer, bigger sounding, with more of a bass emphasis. The atlas is more forgiving and more fun, but also requires more burn in and commitment to a longer audition to fully appreciate. There’s also something more organic and cohesive about the atlas (perhaps the one driver). The atlas is less technical, but still very detailed. It’s funny, I auditioned the EE Legend X against the atlas and while legend x was superior on traditional technical merits (a bit more detailed, more sparkle, more clarity), I preferred the warm, cohesiveness, and forgiving yet still well detailed presentation of the atlas. Particularly listening to pop music, hip hope, dance, or or edm, which are often not really mastered all that spectacularly, I found myself more drawn to the forgiving, natural sound of the atlas.
I'll take a single driver DD or Planar over a hybrid or BA iem anyday.
They just sound better, and coherancy is not an issue.
You can never replace that single driver sound, everything else sounds a bit unnatural to my ears.
So the people that have the Atlas should enjoy it, it's probably, when it's all said and done, one of the better iems on the market. :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #2,346 of 3,483
Any suggestions on the most quiet amp to use with the Atlas? I prefer a completely black background. Please list your best fit experience. Thanks
Sony NW-ZX300 is completely black. I have it paired with my CL2, and had it paired with the Vega before.
Jet black background, zero noise.

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,348 of 3,483
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #2,350 of 3,483

This is way late, but I've got text and video versions of the same review.
Text: ohmage to the Campfire Audio Atlas
And video linked above. Of course this is all late and everyone knows what they think of Atlas anyway. I hope it's helpful to someone.

Dec 15, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,351 of 3,483
Hello. I have a few questions. Would the Comet be a good match with the The National amp? Can I replace the microphone cable with a standard cable?

Dec 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #2,352 of 3,483
I have to admit, while I loathe eq’ing down generally, a 2db cut centered at 125hz makes the Atlas shine even more than ever. Just wrings the tiniest bit of mud out of the mix. Have come to prefer this over ‘flat’. Clarity this way is frankly amazing

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #2,353 of 3,483

This is way late, but I've got text and video versions of the same review.
Text: ohmage to the Campfire Audio Atlas
And video linked above. Of course this is all late and everyone knows what they think of Atlas anyway. I hope it's helpful to someone.

Why is it late, Atlas is pretty recent ? :)

I have to admit, while I loathe eq’ing down generally, a 2db cut centered at 125hz makes the Atlas shine even more than ever. Just wrings the tiniest bit of mud out of the mix. Have come to prefer this over ‘flat’. Clarity this way is frankly amazing

I agree, doing this does seem to make the sound a bit better :)

They are really lush and thick in their natural form, doing something to their sound so they are a bit more balanced is a good way to enhance their overall balance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back