NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Dec 18, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #2,356 of 3,483
Why is it late, Atlas is pretty recent ? :)

I agree, doing this does seem to make the sound a bit better :)

They are really lush and thick in their natural form, doing something to their sound so they are a bit more balanced is a good way to enhance their overall balance :)
what are you eq'ing with? software? hardware? just curious. the sha900 has built in eq.
thanks

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #2,358 of 3,483
Hm Crinacle moved his rating (tentatively) of the Atlas from B to A-.

I’m not even surprised tbh. Atlas just takes a longer listen and requires a good break in.

Not if only they can make the Atlas with the comfort of the Comets :)

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #2,359 of 3,483
i have a very bad experience with the comets. on a whim jumped on the b-stock sale and taking it literally out of the box the left IEM has fallen appart, the cable connector completely pulled out of the housing and won't clip back in, nor am i afraid to bend or jam it in there myself.

anyone else have issues like this? looking at the design it seems if if you were to grab the iem by the cable housing you'd definitely pull stress and could disassemble it.

8ED1442B-D289-4FAF-A645-B3530AC45535.jpeg
1615BDB4-9E88-4D4F-B35F-ADA72BA447DA.jpeg
DC1DA57D-F742-448E-AD96-8083123CBFD4.jpeg
4268757C-9391-4F8C-859E-A7299494197C.jpeg

this is literally my first and only experience with CA and i'm not sure i want a replacement unit, probably will try to request just getting my $ back.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #2,360 of 3,483
yup, that's not supposed to happen. I would encourage you to get in touch with them and give them the benefit of the doubt. They tend to take care of their customers pretty well and this is a pretty clear defect situation. It sucks, but it can happen.

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,361 of 3,483
Campfire has excellent customer service, I can vouch for that too.
They will take care of that asap.

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,362 of 3,483
i've reached out to them and left them a VM asking how to proceed. definitely have a bummed out feeling.

so nobody has experienced something like this even longer term, these are typically not prone to coming apart like that?

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,363 of 3,483
i've reached out to them and left them a VM asking how to proceed. definitely have a bummed out feeling.

so nobody has experienced something like this even longer term, these are typically not prone to coming apart like that?

Ive had mine for months and never had an issue. I don’t believe that’s common. Campfire’s customer service is top notch.

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #2,366 of 3,483
got a hold of CA, they were kind enough to agree to send out a replacement pair as i'm sending them this pair back.

hopefully this was a one time fluke, really was/am looking forward on testing these out. the packaging and design of these is very nice at first glance.
You'll be stoked when you get the replacement. I've had my comets since they were first announced and absolutely love them. I use them every day (even more than my cascades... that I LOOOOVE!) and I'm constant switching between my in line cable and my Mee audio Bluetooth when I hit the gym (about 4-5 times per week) and no issues with the iem whatsoever. I have had issues with the cable however. I wear mine over ear and I've gone through 2 of the stock cables that seem to separate and short out where it meets the mmcx connector. I purchased an aftermarket cable through Amazon and I'm not regretting anything.

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #2,367 of 3,483
You'll be stoked when you get the replacement. I've had my comets since they were first announced and absolutely love them. I use them every day (even more than my cascades... that I LOOOOVE!) and I'm constant switching between my in line cable and my Mee audio Bluetooth when I hit the gym (about 4-5 times per week) and no issues with the iem whatsoever. I have had issues with the cable however. I wear mine over ear and I've gone through 2 of the stock cables that seem to separate and short out where it meets the mmcx connector. I purchased an aftermarket cable through Amazon and I'm not regretting anything.

I've had issues with the stock cable as well. Swopped it out for a spare mee audio pinnacle cable that I had, but that's not great. Got a link for the aftermarket cable you ordered please? Preferably one without a mic control.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,369 of 3,483
I've had issues with the stock cable as well. Swopped it out for a spare mee audio pinnacle cable that I had, but that's not great. Got a link for the aftermarket cable you ordered please? Preferably one without a mic control.
www.amazon.com/Headphone-Extension-****-Replacement-Copper-MM3-5/dp/B07DWCXJ9L/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2.

It's nice and supple. Looks decent and sounds like a cable! It isn't perfect but it works for now and it's cheap. I love the cable on my Cascades and it's a shame about the comet cable... I know they know how to make them amazing. Literally the only gripe I have about that item. It's such a great little all-purpose iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back