NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Sep 15, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #1,966 of 3,483
How well do the Atlases play with Apple's Lightning to 3.5mm connector? I'm rather keen on picking up an iPhone Xs, but I'd much, MUCH rather not look at another $300 just for a Litz cable terminated in lightning if it can be reasonably helped.

Well, I receive the Atlas in a week, so I can't help just yet on that, but speaking about my other iems and overhears, in general I cannot hear a big difference between using the iPhone X with the lightning adapter, and connecting directly to my Mac Pro on amarra.
The iPhone X does really well with the MyuRa app, highly recommended (which I picked from another thread's suggestion), pumped on the settings (768/32bit digital output, 2048 output duration), and paired with the Dragonfly Red, sounds like a high-end DAP. Really satisfying sound, nice stage and definition, and good power and battery life, even the overears (tried it with my PM3s and its an easy walk...)

I'd say that to avoid the DAP and still get a very good sound, this mix has worked very well for me. The Atlas is said to be really easy to drive, so I foresee no problems.
I'll get them, burn them a bit and then post my impressions on this particular solution.

Hope it helps!

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,967 of 3,483
Sep 16, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,969 of 3,483
Sep 16, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,970 of 3,483
My review was so positive I felt guilty. I enjoy the Atlas so much. Everything about it is enjoyable and the most engaging listen.

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #1,971 of 3,483
I just hope CA continue with the form factor and release a half way house between the prices of the Comet and Atlas. That said why would they? Why affect sales from either end? Still would be nice.

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,972 of 3,483
I hope that they put the custom fit tips they are testing for sale. Turn the Atlas into a custom monitor, No more tip swapping, better seal, better sound all around.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,973 of 3,483
I would like to see your new method.
The new method is even simpler.

All you need to do is expose the memory wire. I scratched at the sheath over the wire with my nail and was able to expose it. You might have to use a knife. Then grab the memory wire with needle nose pliers. Pull it up so you can get a good grip on it. Then pull it out first from the end opposite the MMCX connector, then from the MMCX end. Doing this method, the memory wire comes out in one piece. You should then be able to pull the memory wire sheath off at the end opposite the MMCX and then at the MMCX end. You might want to trim the ragged end with scissors or a knife.

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,976 of 3,483
It's a very addictive earphone, and not just on bassy tracks. Acoustic guitars sound very natural and full. That guitar tone that they reproduce sound rich, vibrant, and natural.

Sep 17, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,978 of 3,483
I'm using my Atlas with the QP2R, for me a perfect match, I prefer the QP2R to my other DAP AK380. I found that the QP2R has more punch and a greater soundstage. My wife will now use the AK380 with the Lyra II. Before buying a DAP in your case I would try them myself, so only you would be happy.

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #1,979 of 3,483
Would you go with QP2R or DX200 with Atlas?I am torn between these 2 daps at the moment,even though battery life is pretty bad on both and worse on ibasso with their balanced amp.

Either would do the trick but I am using the DX200 simply because I can go balanced with another cable and change the amp modules also.

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,980 of 3,483
I'm using my Atlas with the QP2R, for me a perfect match, I prefer the QP2R to my other DAP AK380. I found that the QP2R has more punch and a greater soundstage. My wife will now use the AK380 with the Lyra II. Before buying a DAP in your case I would try them myself, so only you would be happy.

Thanks for your response friend,unfortunately in my city there aren't stores with these 2 daps to demo.I know QP2R and Atlas sound good by reading posts including yours but i am curious if DX200 with AMP8 edges it in pure SQ.What puts me off is the 7 hour battery so i guess i am looking for a reason not to get DX200 if the sq is not as good as Questyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back