NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #1,951 of 3,483
I also ordered the SXC 8 but returned it. Too unwieldy and I didn't hear a big enough difference between it and the silver Litz cable included. But it is a gorgeous cable.

I have contemplated getting the SXC 8 as well, but decided against it due to the same unwieldy concern. I ordered ref 8 instead, because, I found quite a few reviews on ref 8 saying good things about it, but don't see much of any review with IEM and SXC 8. So seems ref 8 would be a much safer bet.

Got my ref 8 2.5 mm balanced cable today, I can hear the difference between this and the stock single-end pure-silver cable. More clear, open and real, two thumbs up!

The ref 8 cable is not as supple as the stock pure silver cable since it has more strands braided together, but I feel it is as light if not lighter than the stock cable, don't feel unwieldy at all.

Haven't tweaked with the memory cable much yet, will see how that work.

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,952 of 3,483
I have contemplated getting the SXC 8 as well, but decided against it due to the same unwieldy concern. I ordered ref 8 instead, because, I found quite a few reviews on ref 8 saying good things about it, but don't see much of any review with IEM and SXC 8. So seems ref 8 would be a much safer bet.

Got my ref 8 2.5 mm balanced cable today, I can hear the difference between this and the stock single-end pure-silver cable. More clear, open and real, two thumbs up!

The ref 8 cable is not as supple as the stock pure silver cable since it has more strands braided together, but I feel it is as light if not lighter than the stock cable, don't feel unwieldy at all.

I had the ref 8 for a bit for use with my vegas. Honestly didnt hear any real difference over the included litz. And I found it stiff and microphonic, so I sold it. I love the look of the 8 strand braid, but it just the ergonomics of the cable just werent doing it for me.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #1,953 of 3,483
Hm...the pure silver stock cable should be a pretty good match for the single dynamic and very bassy Atlas. Tames a the bass a lot and brings forwards the mids and treble.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1,954 of 3,483

I had ALO send me the Silver Litz with a 2.5mm balanced connector. Should have it on Monday. I think that is where, for me, the sweet spot will be.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,958 of 3,483
Plussound gold plated silver is a sweet cable for atlas. And it doesnt have memory wire around the ear. It does change the sound quite a bit though so it will work for some and others will prefer stock.

Stock cable is more dynamic, better energy. Gold plated silver smoothes out the lows and highs and increases the mids quite nicely.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #1,959 of 3,483
It's very easy to remove the memory wire from the Campfire/ALO cables. I've removed it from the stock litz, Ref8 and SXC 8.

I posted the directions previously, but since then I found any easier method.

Let me know if you want me to post the new method.

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,960 of 3,483
HI guys
Does sony muc-m12sb1 4.4mm works on Atlas?

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #1,963 of 3,483
Does anyone know where i can buy the standard Atlas cable reterminated to 4.4mm in Europe?Appreciate any response.

Try HiFiHeadphones in the UK - they are pretty responsive on email / phone and are the UK dealer, so should probably be able to get one in if they don't carry it?

Sep 14, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,964 of 3,483
How well do the Atlases play with Apple's Lightning to 3.5mm connector? I'm rather keen on picking up an iPhone Xs, but I'd much, MUCH rather not look at another $300 just for a Litz cable terminated in lightning if it can be reasonably helped.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #1,965 of 3,483
How well do the Atlases play with Apple's Lightning to 3.5mm connector? I'm rather keen on picking up an iPhone Xs, but I'd much, MUCH rather not look at another $300 just for a Litz cable terminated in lightning if it can be reasonably helped.

No direct experience with Atlas but from my Vega experience my understanding is that DDs are less sensitive to output impedance (unlike the BA Andros for example). For DDs if Atlas is similar to the Vega I'd be more worried about the power of the phone or adapter output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back