NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,756 of 3,483
The same is for Atlas. The weight of the cable (even though it is not heavy) and the lack of a good fit are causing it to fall out. But I have found the perfect fit for myself. That is to wear it over the ear and using a larger Final E tip. Now I can move my head left and right without having to readjust it every minute. Can't look down though otherwise the Atlas will eventually fall off.

I hope Ken/CA would take on this feedback and build the next iteration of Atlas in an over ear IEM style. The DD CAs look quite good, fit was perfect. An over ear style in a stainless steel construction with polished or brushed finish would be sick!

Anyway for a possible candidate for a non-mic cable here. A couple of pages back, someone recommended Brainwavz Candy Cane MMCX 2.5mm. If you want 3.5mm SE, I'm sure you can find a similar one from there.

One of the reasons I was interested in the Comet was the more straight forward fitting of it. Monitor style iems never work for me as I can't get a good seal on the right ear frustratingly.

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #1,757 of 3,483
One of the reasons I was interested in the Comet was the more straight forward fitting of it. Monitor style iems never work for me as I can't get a good seal on the right ear frustratingly.
Have you tried using different sized tips in each ear?
Sometimes ear canal sizes differ.

(I use a larger size in my left ear).

Jul 28, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #1,758 of 3,483
Have you tried using different sized tips in each ear?
Sometimes ear canal sizes differ.

(I use a larger size in my left ear).

Yep, it's the angle of the right ear more than the size of it which is annoying. Small is too small and medium up is too big. I've even tried going customs a few times and they haven't worked out either for some reason that we can't figure. Irony is I don't even like iems that much but I need the isolation because of work and headphones a)don't isolate as much as iems in my experience and b)being a glasses wearer at work headphones get irritating fast :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,759 of 3,483
Jul 28, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #1,760 of 3,483
I use spiral tips mostly.
Also they come in five sizes so i bought all five.

That means there is more of a chance of a fit. They fit on most earphones but not all.

I have also have had some luck with symbio tips.

@davidcotton

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #1,761 of 3,483
I also bought symbio tips. Unfortunately 10 days after it arrived into the destination country, it is still not delivered to me. I hope it is not lost or something.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,764 of 3,483
I think my symbio took around 3 weeks to the states.

Be patient guys. Symbio tips are the pinnacle of tip wizardry for me. Great isolation, and yet no coloration of sound which happens with comply tips. They're definitely worth waiting for!

However, one can produce his/her symbios by him/herself by removing the plastic nozzle parts of spare comply tips and sticking them into the silicone tips of choice. I did it with my spiral dots and they sound great as well!

You may optionally need to trim the outward bursting foam segments with a sharp knife (surgical blades are great for this) in order to achive excellence. Results are quite similar to symbios, with the added spiral dot supremacy!

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,765 of 3,483
Be patient guys. Symbio tips are the pinnacle of tip wizardry for me. Great isolation, and yet no coloration of sound which happens with comply tips. They're definitely worth waiting for!

However, one can produce his/her symbios by him/herself by removing the plastic nozzle parts of spare comply tips and sticking them into the silicone tips of choice. I did it with my spiral dots and they sound great as well!

You may optionally need to trim the outward bursting foam segments with a sharp knife (surgical blades are great for this) in order to achive excellence. Results are quite similar to symbios, with the added spiral dot supremacy!
Am going to do this soon when I get the spirals in. I got 2 packs of symbio W tips and none of the sizes fit my ear (they don’t have the memory of a comply or mashmellow foam so they pop out instantly) so I will post here when done

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,766 of 3,483

Why did I not think of this sooner?!! Love this, I have loads of foam tips kicking about that I can bodge into my spin fits, great idea.

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #1,767 of 3,483
I had the pleasure to audition the Legend X universal this afternoon at a local store. It made me smile knowing that I'm now very very satisfied with my Atlas. I read that many sees the Legend X as the next step coming from Atlas's sound signature. But to me, the Atlas is more engaging. There's more emotion to the music as if I'm right there. I'm a drummer and on some of my music I can feel the vibrations of the toms that is just not reproduced accurately on my other IEMs. Or the plucking of the guitar or bass. This is while the rest of the music playing. Atlas is just very competent.

It makes me think whether the Cascade is Atlas but in a more comfortable wear and forget headphones.

Back to the Legend X, I think it is very refined and competent but in other areas. Perhaps it is just tuned differently. I think the mid-bass area is not as punchy. Again perhaps just the tuning. I did found out there's some driver flex when I put them on my ears. It sounded like metal/foil vibrating. Is that driver flex? If it is, I'm grateful my Atlas doesn't produce that problem. The Atlas would at worst not make any sound until the pressure equalise.

Jul 29, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #1,768 of 3,483
Why did I not think of this sooner?!! Love this, I have loads of foam tips kicking about that I can bodge into my spin fits, great idea.

Only problem with homemade adapters such as these is that they can come off the nozzle quite easily.

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #1,769 of 3,483
I like the Symbio tips myself, but I have to use the smallest size. I normally use medium tips with other types of tips.
I've found that for my ears, I position the Atlas as if being worn down, but then I hook the earphone cable up and around my ears. It does look a little funny, adding to my weird/geek status at work.
I am going to try custom eartips next, just to see if it adds to the seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back