New Beyer DT1350
Sep 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #3,556 of 4,010
glasses you mean eye glasses? - get laser eye surgery, i did it. awesome.

get the DT1350 you won't regret. i am now totally satisfied with it. yeah also each day gets more comfortable. 2 hours at a time without much ear pain.

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #3,557 of 4,010
  glasses you mean eye glasses? - get laser eye surgery, i did it. awesome.

get the DT1350 you won't regret. i am now totally satisfied with it. yeah also each day gets more comfortable. 2 hours at a time without much ear pain.

I spend more than that with my headphone. :D Well, let's see what else I can get. I heard T 51 P sound awesome too. But now, after all the consideration I might get open back headphone.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #3,558 of 4,010
The old DT 1350 cable was annoying because of microphonics. Is the new face lift cable any better or is it about the same? I'm interested in the straight cable, but I'm thinking it's got the same sleeving as the CC.

It's really a shame they didn't got with a detachable cable option. I would consider the 1350s again if they had done this. Good job the pads/headband though... it surely needed this facelift.

That used to drive me crazy too - both the micro-phonics and the cable memory which made it annoying and unwieldy. Right after I got them I fixed that and have been delighted with them ever since.

Apologies for the old, rubbish photo.

Theses guys are actually pretty easy to recable.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #3,559 of 4,010
That used to drive me crazy too - both the micro-phonics and the cable memory which made it annoying and unwieldy. Right after I got them I fixed that and have been delighted with them ever since.

Apologies for the old, rubbish photo.

Theses guys are actually pretty easy to recable.

Who did the work?

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3,560 of 4,010
I did it myself. The only part that presents any challenge is drilling the hole in the non-cabled cup. But if you have a dremel tool or equivalent drill it takes all of 2 minutes to make the hole and then it's a just a quick touch with a hot soldering iron.

Here's a slightly better shot.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #3,561 of 4,010
I did it myself. The only part that presents any challenge is drilling the hole in the non-cabled cup. But if you have a dremel tool or equivalent drill it takes all of 2 minutes to make the hole and then it's a just a quick touch with a hot soldering iron.

Here's a slightly better shot.

Wow that's really neat work.
Wish I knew my way around a soldering iron.
I guess I could always pay Brian at BTG to have it done for me.

I have no idea why Beyerdynamic did not make this cable detacable. I really hate them for it.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #3,562 of 4,010
Detachable cable housings would add more weight to what is supposed to be a portable/transportable headphone.

Also they don't do detachables on any of their stuff as far as I know. I also recabled my T1's - the stock cable is excellent but heavy as ... a very heavy thing, and kind of rubbery and uncomfortable.

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,563 of 4,010

Wow that's really neat work.
Wish I knew my way around a soldering iron.
I guess I could always pay Brian at BTG to have it done for me.

I have no idea why Beyerdynamic did not make this cable detacable. I really hate them for it.

Brian has my DT1350s as we speak.  I should have them back in a week or so.  I'm quite excited about listening to these balanced...

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #3,564 of 4,010

Brian has my DT1350s as we speak.  I should have them back in a week or so.  I'm quite excited about listening to these balanced...

Wow Cool. Can you upload some pics so I can see his work? And also let me know your impressions of them balanced? Thanks
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3,565 of 4,010
Good stuff. Looks like I am going to pull the trigger on these next Friday. I love my D2000's, but they are a pain in the rear dealing with for portability. Not to mention they don't block out my wife's beastly snoring when listening in bed. Read up on the Amperior and HD25, but they looked a little aggressive, the Momentum looked to be a little too laid back. The DT1350's look like they fit the bill. Damn shame it's so hard to find cans to audition in my neck of the woods.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #3,566 of 4,010
Damn shame it's so hard to find cans to audition in my neck of the woods.

I have the same issue.  However, I was able to audition the HD25s and Vmoda M80s at Guitar Center if you have either of those.  

Some Best Buys supposedly carry the 1350s, and if you find one with a Magnolia Home Theater section, then they typically have a decent selection of things to try.  

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #3,567 of 4,010
I read that some Best Buys carried the DT1350, unfortunately the local ones do not. I might have to take a trip to Dallas. There is a place to audition high-end Grados and Senns too, while I'm there.

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #3,568 of 4,010
From my experience the Momentums are no good. Amperior is fine, but the DT1350s are better. If I was to do it all over again I might get the KEF M500.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #3,569 of 4,010
  From my experience the Momentums are no good. Amperior is fine, but the DT1350s are better. If I was to do it all over again I might get the KEF M500.

From my experience the DT1350s are indeed better.   The HD25 is fine, and the Momentum is a little better than the HD25.

The DT1350 is more analytical.  The Momentum has more bass punch - they are great with rock.  I liked both sound signatures, so I kept both. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3,570 of 4,010
Hopefully T 51 P better than DT 1350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back