New Beyer DT1350
Dec 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #2,956 of 4,010
Quote:
Where's the cheapest place to get these things in Canada? L&M have them for $300, same with B&H, but that's more than I'm willing to spend. I'm looking to spend closer to 250, give or take. Also, from the site, Bay Bloor Radio doesn't have them stocked.

I'm ready to go with eBay, but wary of fakes.

I'm also not willing to spend money on customs either, since I'm expecting it from any international shipments to my place.

... Why do Candians complain that headphones are to expensive, when your yes Candian Money is worth MORE than us... anyways they are about $300 in the States too... <.< so I feel your pain bro! 

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #2,957 of 4,010
Quote:
... Why do Candians complain that headphones are to expensive, when your yes Candian Money is worth MORE than us... anyways they are about $300 in the States too... <.< so I feel your pain bro! 

Haha yeah, I personally know one other person that doesn't complain about expensive headphones. I'm just trying to be more frugal considering all the other gear I have my eyes on. Save where I can, when I can.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,958 of 4,010
Quote:
Are you guys trying to solve seal or comfort? Adding more airspace between your ear and the cup is likely to just reduce bass impact with that small driver.

Both.

With the Zoro pads I get a clearly improved seal compared to stock pads (my ears feel the pressure much more if I press on the cups), and that could explain the bass impact increase (for my ear shape). The JVC pads less so but still an improvement.

Need to check out those Beyer alternative pads, they both seem promising. Thank you MrAdrian and plakat for bringing them up!

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2,959 of 4,010
Quote:

Both.

With the Zoro pads I get a clearly improved seal compared to stock pads (my ears feel the pressure much more if I press on the cups), and that could explain the bass impact increase (for my ear shape). The JVC pads less so but still an improvement.

Need to check out those Beyer alternative pads, they both seem promising. Thank you MrAdrian and plakat for bringing them up!

Hmm... Instead of asking about this earpad mod, is there a specific page I should go to to read up on it? I'm interested

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #2,960 of 4,010
Quote:
Are you guys trying to solve seal or comfort? Adding more airspace between your ear and the cup is likely to just reduce bass impact with that small driver.

I'm interested in solving the seal issue. I want it to be easier to get a perfect seal than how it already is from the stock pads. I can also trade some comfortability for the instant perfect seal I was dreaming of. I'm curious about the new pads from beyerdynamic themselves if it solves the seal issue to some or just added some comfort.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #2,962 of 4,010
That's a nice thread. I am going to email Beyer usa today and see if they can get them here. Looks expensive to get them from Germany. Now that is worth a try.

I didn't like the idea of increasing treble with the velour but it is worth a try. I did a bunch of pad rolling on the S500 cheapie headphone. Using velour it did in increase treble but thin out everything else. Made them painful to listen to for me. I am hoping this "suede" material is better. But using larger pleather pads also sounds appealing. That should add some comfort.

If I get an answer I'll post it.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2,963 of 4,010
Hi all

I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a while, and it largely contributed to me buying a pair of these beauties.
Got them second hand from a headfi user and VERY happy with them so far!

Right now listening to:

Absolutely mind blowing bass, just out of Fiio E17. I tried them briefly with Audioengine D1 + Matrix Mstage yesterday too and was impressed, but I got these mainly as a portable and for the isolation so I may just buy a Sansa Clip+ and run it into the E17 most of the time.

This Untold track is also amazing on the dt1350..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyxFUZl5UM

I've never heard headphones that make percussion and vocals sound so good. Those lush mids... Synths and guitars = WOW. The bass is also on another level from my Ultrasone Pro900s IMO; maybe not the kick drum impact in the midbass but everything lower (which I care more about) is just phenomenal. BOTTOMLESS indeed. So much so that I'm already thinking about selling the Pro900s now, although they're a different type of 'phone and are still fun. Circumaural and bit more comfy too.

Seriously, I'm thinking these are the best Tesla cans out there. I had T70 for a while and was seriously disappointed. Many great things about them, but they just weren't my cup of tea signature-wise. Amazing detail and sparkle (maybe too much, quite bright), but they were almost completely devoid of bass. Seems like Beyer completely changed their house sound and is trying to take on AKG or Shure or something...

I think my HE-400s will stay main cans for a long time (amazing for price and open cans, comfy, the whole package). But man I'm glad to own a pair of Beyers again that I like. Used to have cheapie DTX800s for gaming and they lasted for years. Muddy and total crap compared to the headphones of today (DT660 maybe closest comparison) but I enjoyed them at the time

Comfort is the only issue I have with these and it seems a lot of you feel the same way. I'm very interested to hear the opinions on those larger pleather pads, and the velour(suede?) pads so see which may be better. I'm thinking the isolation loss from the suede wouldn't be worth it. I may use the Dt1350 for DJing occasionally too if I ever get back into it, so having the isolation and very handy. But those slightly larger pleather pads may well be worth it if they improve comfort. The only other negative I've found is the cable generates a LOT of noise when it rubs on clothing and stuff. No biggie though, not like I'm planning on using them for jogging or anything, just public transport and office use etc.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,965 of 4,010
designbykai: Welcome to the club! The 1350s tick a lot of boxes, no doubt! 

Outcome of a lot of market/tech research. This thing shows so much from the engineers at beyer. If it wasn't the mismatches sigh

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #2,966 of 4,010
I had a pair on order that finally arrived today.

I wasn't expecting much since I've been disappointed by Beyerdynamic's recent headphones of the past couple years like the T1 and T70 (and T50p), but when I put these on, I was moderately surprised that they actually sounded good. Very decent and a definite entry into my personal "average" ranking. Probably the thing I like the most though is that they can be left worn around the neck! Followed by their general performance directly out of my computer!

I got these as a replacement computer headphone to hopefully unseat my Audio-Technica ES7 and I've already decided that they're more than good enough to do that. They're borderline awesome as computer headphones, in fact. I really liked how they performed on my gaming & movie test - very nice explosions and gunfire.

Not sure about music performance yet but for me the DT1350 has already done its job, it's my new computer headphone!
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #2,967 of 4,010
VERY curious to hear more input about the optional replacement pads.  The stock ones actually work fine for me, but something a little larger may make getting the seal easier and that would be quite welcome.  The larger pads were pretty much the ONLY thing I preferred on the HD25s.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,968 of 4,010
Would TMA-1 pads fit? Or any beats parts?

All we are looking for are small pads with silk screen right? Since they are glued onto the headphones anyways.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #2,969 of 4,010
Quote:
Would TMA-1 pads fit? Or any beats parts?

All we are looking for are small pads with silk screen right? Since they are glued onto the headphones anyways.

The closest match in terms of size would probably be the ATH-ES series of portables. Though I believe they are still larger than HD25 pads. Unfortunately I don't have any to compare/experiment with.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2,970 of 4,010
!@$!#  I bought yet another pair of these off the forums.  I ventured away for a while for the umpteenth time and I keep coming back.  I think it's more of the functionality that the dt1350's serve for me more than anything -- I don't like the idea of paying a ton for IEMs that will get tossed around and may or may not sound good depending on custom molding.  These you could take on and off without much fuss, are durable, and isolate really well.  The tricky part is finding a "good sounding" pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back