New Beyer DT1350
Dec 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,941 of 4,010
forgive me if this was asked before. I just wonder if there are full-sized (closed maybe?) out there that can reach the low-end of these? thanks!

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #2,942 of 4,010
Hi,

a suggestion to all DT-1350 users who would like to get a bit more bass, esp. mid-bass, impact and/or comfort, in case you wish to experiment with some easy mods.

Inspired by the recent pad mod frenzy in JVC HA-S500 thread, I toyed around with putting various pads on top of the DT-1350 pads (without removing the stock pads, a la the DT 1350 mod with Sennheiser HD25 pads earlier posted).

I got a surprising amount of extra comfort and bass with good isolation by using the soft Noontec Zoro pads in this fashion, and also a significant increase in bass and some in comfort with OK isolation by using the bit less soft JVC HA-S500 pads. In addition, both might have opened up the sound stage a bit, but I am not sure of that. Also, the upper mids/lower treble peaks seemed to lessen, while the overall volume of those frequencies was increased esp. with the JVC pads. I got those back to a lower level by inserting a euro sized cut-out of Koss Porta Pro pads on the ear side of the extra pads. That might have helped with reducing the peaks as well.

The Senn HD25 pads mod did not work for me, the bass and isolation were reduced. The Zoro pad mod is a keeper for me for the increased comfort. Maybe the bass is a bit too much, and I'll try some other pads next.

Other suitable pads that could be tried out to can be found in the above mentioned JVC HA-S500 thread, if someone is interested in pursuing these (ATH ES(?)9, AKG 81 at least mentioned).

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2,943 of 4,010
Did anyone tried the larger stock beyer DT1350 pads? Apparently there are a velour version and a slightly larger pleather version

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #2,945 of 4,010
Quote:

And yep! That's my T1s on a Larry Dale (headphile.com) original stand...I wanted to spend a little more than was prudent on a stand since I keep my primary headphone gear in my living room...I wanted something classy to keep the T1s company when they weren't on my head. 

Roma: I saw the DJ100s you mentioned...they look identical except for the added apple inline control thing. I really feel these are unremarkable for music, but yeah, the talk radio thing is really weird...in a good way. I listened to some Dan Patrick today just to confirm it again, and by God they just shine in this role. Truly unexpected!

... T1... with a SOLID STATE :O, I want to try Tubes... and I want to like tubes <3. But hey man I'm glad you found an amp you like <3. I just have to say I'm a sucker for Tubes ^^ they look so awesome and VINTAGE
Quote:
he Zoro pad mod is a keeper for me for the increased comfort. Maybe the bass is a bit too much, and I'll try some other pads next.

Other suitable pads that could be tried out to can be found in the above mentioned JVC HA-S500 thread, if someone is interested in pursuing these (ATH ES(?)9, AKG 81 at least mentioned).

ooh sounds good

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #2,947 of 4,010
I wonder would these pads work, either to cover entirely over the original pads or serve as a replacement.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Velour-Earpads-ear-pad-for-Audio-Technica-ATH-ESW9-ES10-ES7-ESW-9-headphones-/181020715321?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a25ace939#ht_2042wt_1397

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/A01-Ear-pad-earpad-cushion-for-ATH-ESW9-ATH-ESW10-ESW9-ESW10-ES10-headphone-/251166407275?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a7aaf3a6b#ht_2276wt_1397

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2,948 of 4,010
Are you guys trying to solve seal or comfort? Adding more airspace between your ear and the cup is likely to just reduce bass impact with that small driver.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #2,949 of 4,010
Quote:
Did anyone tried the larger stock beyer DT1350 pads? Apparently there are a velour version and a slightly larger pleather version

I'm waiting for Beyer to send my two sets out...
In another thread I've read that someone tried them both out and preferred the micro-velour version for better comfort over both the original and the larger pads.

Both can be purchased from Beyer Website but seem to only be available using the german version of the site (i.e. searching other language versions of yields no results):
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-1350.html?SID=1e672ac1b420b692dd3c20710137806a&___store=de&___from_store=en#q%3Ddt1350

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2,950 of 4,010
Quote:

Both can be purchased from Beyer Website but seem to only be available using the german version of the site (i.e. searching other language versions of yields no results):
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-1350.html?SID=1e672ac1b420b692dd3c20710137806a&___store=de&___from_store=en#q%3Ddt1350

I see, thanks for the links! That's good to know. And a little more Space between the ears would open up the Sound Stage, but you may lose a little impact... but you might gain some more depth

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #2,951 of 4,010
hi,

looking to get these headphones as a change from iems which i normally use. how do these compare to iems like the pfe 112, ie80 which i own and the heir audio 4ai which i have briefly. i know its harder comparing iems to cans, but just trying to find if its sound sig is similar to any of these iems. I listen to vocal trance, and not looking for any bass heavy cans. I already have the d2000's for that. My sources are ipod touch and ibasso t5 when on the move and while at home, i use clas/rx mk3b( if it helps). Lastly, since i wear glasses, are they comfortable enough? Thanks

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #2,952 of 4,010
Quote:
Lastly, since i wear glasses, are they comfortable enough? Thanks

The DT1350 certainly is not light on the ears. I can imagine that the combination with glasses might be a bit problematic. You might be able to put on your glasses after the headphones though: the cups themselves are quite small, maybe enough of your ear is left uncovered to hold the glasses.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,953 of 4,010
Quote:

The DT1350 certainly is not light on the ears. I can imagine that the combination with glasses might be a bit problematic. You might be able to put on your glasses after the headphones though: the cups themselves are quite small, maybe enough of your ear is left uncovered to hold the glasses.

Yeah i thought so with its high camping force. I can always wear my glasses over the earpads. Thanks

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,954 of 4,010
Quote:

I'm waiting for Beyer to send my two sets out...
In another thread I've read that someone tried them both out and preferred the micro-velour version for better comfort over both the original and the larger pads.

looks so cool. Anyone tried it before?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2,955 of 4,010
Where's the cheapest place to get these things in Canada? L&M have them for $300, same with B&H, but that's more than I'm willing to spend. I'm looking to spend closer to 250, give or take. Also, from the site, Bay Bloor Radio doesn't have them stocked.

I'm ready to go with eBay, but wary of fakes.

I'm also not willing to spend money on customs either, since I'm expecting it from any international shipments to my place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back