New Beyer DT1350
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2,911 of 4,010
mmm liking what I hear about these... how do they compare to the HD 25-1 II, I actually demo'd them and ... CRIED the small sound stage made the bass WAY bloated to me and well no ME GUSTA... hopeing the Dt 1350 will have simmilarly strong bass but not so BOOMY an more WHOOMY... I'd like a can I can use for when I do Light Landscapeing, and I think the Dt1350 should do the trick. Small enough to not fall off mah head to much but still with good sound [as Full Size cans and weeding don't get along well...]

But I hope that the Dt1350 has a LITTLE more bass than the Dt 880... I hope >.>

again looking at the Freq graph [compared to the Xb700] I do think it will be nice! I don't want XB700 MEGA DEATH sub bass, but I don't want Dt 880 Accurate Punch'n bass... I'd like a mix of the Dt 880 and the HD 25-1 II... and I hope the Dt 1350 will be that can :3

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #2,912 of 4,010
So the HD-25s have boomy bass too?? I sort of got turned off to Sennheisers earlier in the year when I had some 518s...I HATED the low end on them. I figured maybe that was just that model and I've been eager to try a different pair of Senns when the opportunity arises. I love the 1350s so much and use them so often that I thought maybe some Amperiors or HD-25s would be a nice choice, but if they have that same boomy, bloated low end then that won't work. Do I have to go all the way to the HD800s to get clean bass on the Senns?? 

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #2,913 of 4,010
The HD-25 has a too accentuated upper bass for my taste (around 100Hz) while the DT1350 is a bit toned down in that region and reaches much deeper. The HD-25 kicks (which is nice with normal House or Rock) while the DT1350 has a nice, unobtrusive and really deep bass.
In my opinion these differences are present over the whole spectrum: the HD-25 is really into-your-face while the DT1350 is much more polite but authoritative.

HD-25: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD251IIB2012.pdf
DT1350: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT1350.pdf

Edit: rearranged links

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #2,914 of 4,010
Agreed ^^

I have both and HDs have nice punch/impact - I wouldn't go as far to say the bass is bloated however. While everything is more refined, controlled, deeper and more neutral on the DTs. It's nice to have both, depending on what kind of presentation you're in the mood for. At least that's my experience.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #2,915 of 4,010
Agree, but I have to say because how the bass is presented on the HD25. It kind of makes the mid sound a bit recessed. Whereas the DT1350 because the bass is a bit more neutral, the headphone sounds less engaging.
Quote:
Agreed ^^

I have both and HDs have nice punch/impact - I wouldn't go as far to say the bass is bloated however. While everything is more refined, controlled, deeper and more neutral on the DTs. It's nice to have both, depending on what kind of presentation you're in the mood for. At least that's my experience.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2,916 of 4,010
Agreed about the mids sounding a bit recessed on the HDs. Overall the sound is more congested on the HDs IMO.

To my ears, I find them both engaging for different reasons. The HDs are overall more fun and about rockin' out. Punchy aggressive sound across the spectrum. But sometimes I can't stand the fact that vocals can be somewhat in the background. The DTs on the other hand, while bass remaining neutral and very deep, the mids/vocals just shine and this is what leads me to enjoy them for different reasons.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,917 of 4,010
Okay, sounds like they might still be a winner then...Im going to add a second portable headphone in the next few months, so hopefully another good deal on the Amperiors will come about. Seems like the HD-25s would be a clear step down, whereas the amperiors might be able to keep pace with the 1350s. I'd be shocked if I liked them as much as I do the Beyers, but anything is possible I suppose.

Roma, did you get a pair of the new V-Modas?

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #2,918 of 4,010
Not yet but I am expecting some Sony MDR 1Rs soon so I'll have those to compare to the DTs and HDs. I really have no idea what to expect when it comes to those cans as there are so many mixed reviews. I'm hoping to try the M-100 and the Momentum after the Sonys. Maybe I can get out to an Apple store and at least demo the Momentums sooner. :p The M-100 seems to be a monster of headphone from I read of its sound sig. The ultimate bass head can. I definitely can't wait to grab at Matte Black version of those.

Keep us updated on how you like the Amperior buddy. I enjoy the HDs immensely despite its imperfections so I only imagine the Amperior will be that much better.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,919 of 4,010
Quote:
Not yet but I am expecting some Sony MDR 1Rs soon so I'll have those to compare to the DTs and HDs. I really have no idea what to expect when it comes to those cans as there are so many mixed reviews. I'm hoping to try the M-100 and the Momentum after the Sonys. Maybe I can get out to an Apple store and at least demo the Momentums sooner. :p The M-100 seems to be a monster of headphone from I read of its sound sig. The ultimate bass head can. I definitely can't wait to grab at Matte Black version of those.
Keep us updated on how you like the Amperior buddy. I enjoy the HDs immensely despite its imperfections so I only imagine the Amperior will be that much better.

Cool...I'll definitely report back once I get a demo...alwys helps to compare notes, so any feedback you have in the meantime please share as well. The black version of the M-100s is one of the nicest looking headphones I've ever seen...just going on pics and vids, of course, but the aesthetics are there for sure. As for the 1350s, even though they're very durable and I baby my gear, I get concerned about hauling them to and from work every day, in and out of their case and in my laptop bag, etc. I'd kind of like to find a 2nd portable to share the burden so I dont run these guys into the ground. Hopefully the Amperiors will be a good fit.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,921 of 4,010
Quote:
That's a beautiful and very reasonable justification to have more than one portable can. Love it. I will absolutely share some impressions.

Thanks man...as much as I love my "home" headphones, I just get so excited to have this level of sound quality when I'm on the go that I would hate to be without it. I'm a "simple pleasures" kind of guy, and my 1350s with TuneIn radio are very simple pleasures that make me very happy lol. I've said it before on here, so forgive me for being repetitive, but when 8pm hits and I get to crank up some tunes or listen to my Bills football show on the Buffalo radio station (one of my favorite uses for Tune-In....if only the Bills were as awesome as this app!!!), I'm able to just leave work at work and start to ease into night mode. The harder I work during my shift, the more enjoyable headphone time at 8 becomes!

There were some little Audio Technica ESW-7s (I think that's the model number) that looked like pretty cool portables....Amazon had them on sale for $99 this weekend. But I kind of want to maintain that same level of quality as the Beyers....or better, of course haha. Since you said the bass isn't bloated on the HD25s, I may very well give those a go since I can return them on Amazon if I don't care for them. I just would like to have at least ONE pair of Senns, cause it just doesn't feel right otherwise lol

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #2,922 of 4,010
I just received mine and I love them already.  They definitely benefit from amping, I noticed a big difference (particularly in bass response) but they are still amazing on their own out of an mp3 player.  They are VERY unforgiving of bad recordings though so make sure your music is up to snuff.  I'm thrilled to finally have a good set of portables, I was too scared to take out my delicate k540s, nothing else I have is remotely portable (598, 770, lcd2 lol) so these are perfect.  My st125s kill my ears so could never use those either.  These really are an amazing bang for buck.  I need more time to really get to know the sound signature, but suffice it to say they sound amazing and are extremely accurate, great cans.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #2,923 of 4,010
Quote:
I just received mine and I love them already.  They definitely benefit from amping, I noticed a big difference (particularly in bass response) but they are still amazing on their own out of an mp3 player.  They are VERY unforgiving of bad recordings though so make sure your music is up to snuff.  I'm thrilled to finally have a good set of portables, I was too scared to take out my delicate k540s, nothing else I have is remotely portable (598, 770, lcd2 lol) so these are perfect.  My st125s kill my ears so could never use those either.  These really are an amazing bang for buck.  I need more time to really get to know the sound signature, but suffice it to say they sound amazing and are extremely accurate, great cans.

Nice choice :) 

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #2,924 of 4,010
Quote:

nice profile pic too

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #2,925 of 4,010
Quote:

Thanks man...as much as I love my "home" headphones, I just get so excited to have this level of sound quality when I'm on the go that I would hate to be without it. I'm a "simple pleasures" kind of guy, and my 1350s with TuneIn radio are very simple pleasures that make me very happy lol. I've said it before on here, so forgive me for being repetitive, but when 8pm hits and I get to crank up some tunes or listen to my Bills football show on the Buffalo radio station (one of my favorite uses for Tune-In....if only the Bills were as awesome as this app!!!), I'm able to just leave work at work and start to ease into night mode. The harder I work during my shift, the more enjoyable headphone time at 8 becomes!

There were some little Audio Technica ESW-7s (I think that's the model number) that looked like pretty cool portables....Amazon had them on sale for $99 this weekend. But I kind of want to maintain that same level of quality as the Beyers....or better, of course haha. Since you said the bass isn't bloated on the HD25s, I may very well give those a go since I can return them on Amazon if I don't care for them. I just would like to have at least ONE pair of Senns, cause it just doesn't feel right otherwise lol

I love and share your attitude when it comes to having SQ on the go, especially to and from work every day. It's a beautiful thing indeed to be able to listen to and enjoy your tunes with some quality cans after a hard day's work.

The ES7s (I think those are the cans you're talking about - shiny cups right?) are a very fun can and the imaging is very good on that can. Soundstage was also not bad. It's been a long time since I have had those but I remember they were a blast. In the end, they were slightly too colored for me and the isolation was not up to par for my daily commute. Otherwise a great can for that price.

The HDs will always have a soft spot in my heart. The headphone is not perfect but the sig becomes addicting and the timbre is not bad despite the slight edginess up top. It has an exciting, addicting sig and works well with many genres. Just a good, fun all-rounder IMO. Great complement to the DTs for sure IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back