New Beyer DT1350
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2,881 of 4,010
Quote:

+1. Tunein radio is awesome. And it's a good way for stations to get themselves recognized. For instance, one of the stations on Tunein radio that I found myself listening to was "[DI] Progressive" - but it is only at 96kbps. That led me to installing the Digitally Imported Radio app on my SGS2 and try out the 7 day "premium" trial so that I can listen to that station (and all of their other electronic oriented stations - many of which are very cool) at the higher bitrate. Anyway, Tunein radio is great. There's LOTS of good music out there!

Edit: btw Focker, I for one would appreciate seeing your list of 320kbps stations
smile.gif

Great point...I completely agree that it's an unbelievably good way to explore the WORLD's radio. I have a German trance station in 320kbps that I love listening to lol.

I know I have a link for that list somewhere....I'll dig it up asap

EDIT: Here you go, guys....just click on the quality you want and then browse through the high quality goodness! :)
http://www.internet-radio-guide.net/

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #2,882 of 4,010
Quote:

I just saw a video review where Tyll said he preferred the 500s to the Senn 800s....I was shocked by that. I've been avoiding hifiman for a while,but at some point I really want to hear this headphone. 

Yea Hifiman puts outs GREAT products. I'm LOVING my Hifiman Hm 601 8g, it sounds wonderful plus the Orthodyanmic He 500 should sound better than the Dynamic HD 800, but ppl have there preferance in companies. I don't like Sennhesier cans... at all. I've tried some of thier lower ends ones and they where TINNY and sibiliant. So I know that HOT treble is the house sound... and while I LOVE Byerdyanmics High Energy Trebele, I don't think I want anything with more energy than the dt 990
Quote:
There's not really. There just happens to be one page that has like 3 or 4 listings.
People try new things... they like them or they don't.... there yo go.

yar this be true. I'm about to get a little Tube Amp for $60, and I might buy and sell a few of those low ends ones till I find one i like [as I'd rather have them than my current E6 e.e] The E6 I use at home and out of my tele, so again a little $60 tube amp would be a great replacement for me till I can shell out the cash I want for a Higher end DAC and Tube set up
Quote:

Well, I could see someone selling their pair because of fit issues (I have none)...or perhaps a basshead not satisfied with the bass (someone seeking a Beats type of bass).

I guess its just coincidence that a few of them are up for sale at the same time. 

Yea, if people are used to Boomy Wolly, bass I doubt these will do. But I like the Byer Bass sound :3
Quote:

+1. Tunein radio is awesome. And it's a good way for stations to get themselves recognized. For instance, one of the stations on Tunein radio that I found myself listening to was "[DI] Progressive" - but it is only at 96kbps. That led me to installing the Digitally Imported Radio app on my SGS2 and try out the 7 day "premium" trial so that I can listen to that station (and all of their other electronic oriented stations - many of which are very cool) at the higher bitrate. Anyway, Tunein radio is great. There's LOTS of good music out there!

Edit: btw Focker, I for one would appreciate seeing your list of 320kbps stations
smile.gif

I have DI preimum, and sadly it's only 256 kbs at most. But non the less I do enjoy it! It's great for when I'm on campus and I love it for discovering new artists :3

Lasty guys as far as bass Boosting Amp, I would recommend a E11 over a Z02, the Z02 is VERY colored and you may not like that with the Byer Sound, as the bass might get a little out of control. Where as the E11 is MUCH more neutral! But that being said the Z02 might be a personal preferance kind of thing as well. But hey E11 is cheaper :D

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #2,883 of 4,010
If you guys want to have some fun with your 1350s, go to www.vudu.com (it's a very popular and excellent movie streaming service owned by Walmart....not some obscure site) and click on "new trailers". Plug your 1350s into your laptop or whatever, and pick the Jack Reacher trailer. Crank up the volume a bit. Enjoy :)

The audio quality on Vudu is exceptional...and as a huge movie fan, I've been having a blast watching trailers there the last couple days...good times! 

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #2,885 of 4,010
Hey guys, anyone tried pairing these up with either a TTVJ Slim or Meier Corda 2stepdance?

Felt they sounded too thick from my Sflo:2 -> TTVJ Slim portable setup. the GR07s benefited hugely from the amp however.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,886 of 4,010
Quote:
Hey guys, anyone tried pairing these up with either a TTVJ Slim or Meier Corda 2stepdance?

Felt they sounded too thick from my Sflo:2 -> TTVJ Slim portable setup. the GR07s benefited hugely from the amp however.

No, sorry :/

I've paired them with my HUD-mx1 (excellent combo!) and my HRT MSII + Asgard (not so great).  Synergy seems to be important with the 1350s...

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #2,887 of 4,010
Quote:
No, sorry :/

I've paired them with my HUD-mx1 (excellent combo!) and my HRT MSII + Asgard (not so great).  Synergy seems to be important with the 1350s...

I was trying again and it was not bad at all. Maybe I need a bit more time to get used to the change in sound first. I did a search on this thread and some members seem to really favour that pairing. Another higher end portable amp should arrive tomorrow. If things go interesting I will definitely drop my impressions in this thread!

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,888 of 4,010
Quote:

I use the Quickstep (=2Stepdance) and it sounds very good with the DT-1350. Sometimes for some music I like the iQube a little bit better with DT-1350 because it is a bit brighter with less bass but lacking in treble resolution. I should add that I can not get the sound bright and analytic enough and I think DT-1350 has a little bit too much bass sometimes for my taste. But the soundstage gets very defined - though it will never become very wide with DT-1350 - with the Quickstep. 

Using the Quickstep compared to headphone out on my iPhone is MUCH better with DT-1350. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2,889 of 4,010
I had a shocker the other morning. Was cleaning up a drawer and what did I find in there.... a little round metal piece that said Beyerdynamic on the side. And what do you know..... picked up my DT1350s to find the cover plate on the side was missing..........

That plate is held on with a round piece of double sided foam tape believe it or not. Since it is the same color under the cup as the metal piece it doesn't even really stand out that it is missing at first. Now I am paranoid that it is going to fall off when I am out and about (lucky I found this out at home).

I hope others haven't had the same problem. I pushed it back on firmly and it doesn't seem to want to pop off again, but I am still worried about it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #2,890 of 4,010
Quote:
I had a shocker the other morning. Was cleaning up a drawer and what did I find in there.... a little round metal piece that said Beyerdynamic on the side. And what do you know..... picked up my DT1350s to find the cover plate on the side was missing..........
That plate is held on with a round piece of double sided foam tape believe it or not. Since it is the same color under the cup as the metal piece it doesn't even really stand out that it is missing at first. Now I am paranoid that it is going to fall off when I am out and about (lucky I found this out at home).
I hope others haven't had the same problem. I pushed it back on firmly and it doesn't seem to want to pop off again, but I am still worried about it.

Hot glue or epoxy it?

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2,891 of 4,010
Quote:

Hasn't been a problem for me.

Are they regularly exposed to high heat/humidity?

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2,892 of 4,010
Hasn't been a problem for me.

Are they regularly exposed to high heat/humidity?

They actually leave my temperature controlled home only once a week if that. Haven't had them long.

It was a bit shocking, considering their appearance of being built like a tank, that they use any form of tape to hold any part together no matter how sticky it might be....... I am wondering with age if many people might have this problem once the adhesive gets dry and brittle in the foam tape. Usually takes a few years for good quality 3M foam tape to lose grip. I guess we shall see..

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #2,893 of 4,010
Quote:

WIth my T50p I simply removed those plates on both sides once the first one fell off. It did not change anything except the looks. Transportable headphones have to get used to somewhat rough circumstances in bags and drawers. With my DT-1350 it has not been a problem since I always use the transport bag. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #2,894 of 4,010
WIth my T50p I simply removed those plates on both sides once the first one fell off. It did not change anything except the looks. Transportable headphones have to get used to somewhat rough circumstances in bags and drawers. With my DT-1350 it has not been a problem since I always use the transport bag. 

Well at least that confirms I am not the only person on all of head-fi to have this problem then.

In any case, ya you are right it is strictly cosmetic but still an annoyingly bad/cheezy design flaw.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #2,895 of 4,010
Quote:

What does it look like beneath the cover? Is the driver exposed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back