New Beyer DT1350
Nov 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #2,866 of 4,010
Which position is the LO bypass off, up or down?, the manual say its only available with dock though
I tried both setting and both on ipod and note 2
the volume is lower on both using 12 db , with the volume set at 20 , compared to direct to ipod/note2

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #2,867 of 4,010
Maybe because it is giving less volume than the input signal at 20. It shouldn't be a problem at all. If you need more power, just move up. Should have plenty headroom to play with.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,869 of 4,010
Quote:
Yeah, people here switch headphones A LOT lol. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these that would entail selling them off except for the fact they are definitely not powered that well with an iphone. On my Denon these things are pure glory for the price.

Well, I could see someone selling their pair because of fit issues (I have none)...or perhaps a basshead not satisfied with the bass (someone seeking a Beats type of bass).

I guess its just coincidence that a few of them are up for sale at the same time. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #2,871 of 4,010
Quote:
do i need to add portable amp for the 1350+iphone 4?
if yes what is the best for 100$+- ?
Regards,
Uri

Do you NEED to? No. That's how I use mine about 90% of the time. Plenty of volume. You can get more out of them with a decent quality amp, though.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #2,874 of 4,010
Quote:

like what amp?

If I were you I wouldn't even bother with an amp at first...they sound great from the iPhone4....that's the same phone I have. Every night when I leave work I slap on my 1350s and fire up TuneIn radio or MOG on the ol' iPhone...sounds fantastic.

That being said...if you are a lover of bass, especially the non-boomy, non-bloated kind...I'd highly recommend a ZO2 amp. I usually use my ZO with IEMs, but the 1350s love this thing. I've been watching movies the last few nights with my Kindle FIre > ZO2 > 1350s....good times.

I don't have a higher quality portable amp, but I can tell you that when I plug the 1350s into my Meier Jazz it's clear that it's getting a little more out of them than the iPhone was. So I would imagine something like one of Jan's portables such as the 2Stepdance, or maybe a nice Ray Samuels portable...somthing like that.  YMMV but I don't really notice much difference when I use my little Fiio E11. I like this amp a lot and it's great for when I need a little more juice than what my iPod or iPhone can bring. But I don't hear any improvement in quality over the iPhone, personally.

Honestly though, don't even worry about the amp for right now....plug 'em straight into your iPhone...sign up with MOG or Spotify so you can get some high quality (well, MP3 quality anyway) tunes....add the free TuneIn radio app so you can access all sorts of cool radio stations (some streaming in MP3 quality here, a well)....and enjoy!

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #2,875 of 4,010
Quote:

Honestly though, don't even worry about the amp for right now....plug 'em straight into your iPhone...sign up with MOG or Spotify so you can get some high quality (well, MP3 quality anyway) tunes....add the free TuneIn radio app so you can access all sorts of cool radio stations (some streaming in MP3 quality here, a well)....and enjoy!

no spotify or MOG for israel right now :frowning2:
any other good options?

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,876 of 4,010
Quote:
any other good options?

How much are you wanting to spend?  Do you already have a desktop dac/amp?

If you're just starting out, then something like the Fiio E17 would give you versatility in terms of using it solely as an amp on the go but also a dac/amp combo on your computer.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #2,877 of 4,010
Quote:
any other good options?

Can you get the TuneIn radio app? Lots of great stuff on there...gives you access to radio stations and podcasts from all around the world.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #2,879 of 4,010
Quote:

how is this in SQ?

Well, the cool thing is that you can click on a little box toward the top right of the screen whenever you're on a channel/station that you like, and you can click "choose stream quality". It will tell you the quality of the streams availalbe for that station. Some only have very low quality, but many others are as high as 320kbps. I have a website saved to my favorites on my home computer that has a very long listing of stations that stream in 320. I'll try to find it and post it here. I think you'll find you can search for nearly anything on there, though...it's my favorite app.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #2,880 of 4,010
Quote:

Well, the cool thing is that you can click on a little box toward the top right of the screen whenever you're on a channel/station that you like, and you can click "choose stream quality". It will tell you the quality of the streams availalbe for that station. Some only have very low quality, but many others are as high as 320kbps. I have a website saved to my favorites on my home computer that has a very long listing of stations that stream in 320. I'll try to find it and post it here. I think you'll find you can search for nearly anything on there, though...it's my favorite app.

+1. Tunein radio is awesome. And it's a good way for stations to get themselves recognized. For instance, one of the stations on Tunein radio that I found myself listening to was "[DI] Progressive" - but it is only at 96kbps. That led me to installing the Digitally Imported Radio app on my SGS2 and try out the 7 day "premium" trial so that I can listen to that station (and all of their other electronic oriented stations - many of which are very cool) at the higher bitrate. Anyway, Tunein radio is great. There's LOTS of good music out there!

Edit: btw Focker, I for one would appreciate seeing your list of 320kbps stations
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back