New Beyer DT1350
Nov 22, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #2,896 of 4,010
What does it look like beneath the cover? Is the driver exposed?

Nope. Its strictly cosmetic. It is just a plastic closed cup. In fact I didn't look real hard when I put the cover back on because I was more concerned with fitting the thing back on but I swear it even had "Beyerdynamic" embossed in the plastic.

Ill let you know the next time it falls off :wink: *fingerscrossed*

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #2,897 of 4,010
You just need the right tape to hold it on....

biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,898 of 4,010
Quote:
Nope. Its strictly cosmetic. It is just a plastic closed cup. In fact I didn't look real hard when I put the cover back on because I was more concerned with fitting the thing back on but I swear it even had "Beyerdynamic" embossed in the plastic.
Ill let you know the next time it falls off
wink.gif
*fingerscrossed*

Glad to know it's still protected without that metal (magnesium?) thingy. :D

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #2,899 of 4,010
To the people talking about TuneIn Radio app, yes it is amazing haha.  I love putting on European stations in my car, reminds me of being overseas, way better than our stations.

As far as the dt1350, I'm dying to get them.  Have them on order now, I've been putting it off for a while.  I should buy more home audio equipment seeing as my LCD2s are not pampered with the gear the deserve, alas my portables need a drastic upgrade.  I usually use my k540s which are circum-aural and delicate, I need a good pair of closed, small, durable, portables.  Dying to hear these.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,900 of 4,010
Just caught up on this thread after a while. I repurchased some DT1350s since I miss its extraordinary bass and detail. Currently waiting for them and I'm sure they will complement my HD25s quite nicely.

And since having caught up on this thread I just downloaded the tunein radio app and I'm loving it. Thanks for that Focker! Way better than pandora. I just wish the bitrate was better but it's all good. :)

Can anyone comment if the ZO2 will give the DTs any more PRaT and bass punch? That was my only issue with the DTs for portable use.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,901 of 4,010
So glad you guys are enjoying TuneIn! I would truly be lost without that app. I use it every day at work, to and from work, and I listen to it when I go to bed each night. It's part of my daily routine more than any other music source. (Although I listen to a ton of talk radio, too)

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,905 of 4,010
The ZO amps seem to be centered around the idea of bass boost... so if you like the overall sound signature and just need more output I'd look at the E17 instead which is said to be quite neutral (while offering a simple bass boost as well as far as I know).
Properly driven they should satisfy your demand: according to Beyer they can produce up to 129dB SPL...

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #2,908 of 4,010
Full sized amps make them sing beautifully but sound signature changed alot for me in these past months. Best sub par 300 headphones though.
I'm going to put my DT-1350s on sale here in a week or two. for $200
Used only 4 months.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #2,909 of 4,010
So glad you guys are enjoying TuneIn! I would truly be lost without that app. I use it every day at work, to and from work, and I listen to it when I go to bed each night. It's part of my daily routine more than any other music source. (Although I listen to a ton of talk radio, too)

One of the stations on Tunein that I really enjoy was from Soma FM . I found their website and 've now been listening to a few of the Soma FM stations and really enjoying them. It's free, and all of the bitrates of all of the stations are at least 128 kbps. If they had a premium option with higher bitrate and a small monthly fee, I would probably go for that (I will be pestering them). There is also a Soma FM app for smartphones. Anyway, you might want to check it out.

http://somafm.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back