New Beyer DT1350
Jul 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,921 of 4,010
Quote:
One of those pieces of leather on the headband is getting loose on my DT1350's. There is still some glue on it but it moves when I put it on my head and it even hurts a little when I take the headphones from my head. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is it possible to reglue the leather to the headband or should I send the pair in for repair?

Other people have had that problem and just glued it back on.  Kind of annoying, though.

They do sell replacements for those, I believe.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #1,922 of 4,010
Quote:
One of those pieces of leather on the headband is getting loose on my DT1350's. There is still some glue on it but it moves when I put it on my head and it even hurts a little when I take the headphones from my head. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is it possible to reglue the leather to the headband or should I send the pair in for repair?

Other people have had that problem and just glued it back on.  Kind of annoying, though.

Have you received ur pair yet?

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,923 of 4,010
Quote:
So I've read this thread from start to finish. I also didn't have the chance to test the DT 1350's but took the plunge and ordered last week. 

I've had them 3 days and having done a side-by-side comparison with my friend's HD 25-1 II's yesterday, I was all set to put them on Ebay. I was so disappointed. I've read so much about getting the correct seal etc, and despite moving, clamping etc on my ears, they had very little bass.  

Then last night I read on another forum to line up the rear edge of my ears with the inside edge of the padded rings. Oh my goodness. It was an epiphany! Like night becoming day! The bass is soooo deep...they literally came alive.  Needless to say, I'm over the moon and ebay won't be getting my business.

I thought I'd stop lurking and sign up just to post this in the hope the advice above about placement on the ear may help someone else out there who's in the same position I was until last night. (And thanks from me to the poster on Headphonia).

Yep, if you're not getting bass on these things, something needs to be adjusted. I'm not a bass head, but I'm totally in love with the low end on these things. I truly had no idea I would ever love a portable headphone this much, but I'm really smitten.  If anyone wants a great demo, listen to just about anything from the Massive Attack album called "Mezzanine". This will give an idea of what the 1350s can do :)

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,924 of 4,010
Quote:
Have you received ur pair yet?

Nope.  They come in Monday, but I won't get to listen until next weekend, I'm afraid.  
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #1,925 of 4,010
I have read threw the first 45 pages of the thread. So far these sound like the almost perfect headphone for me. Flat response base that reaches deep but not overemphasized. The main concern is the comfort issues that go with on ear. Are there and full sized over ear headphones that sound like these in the price range. Its said the fostex t50rp i got can be made to sound like a lcd2. If I would ever stop working almost 60 hour weeks so I have some free I intend to find out.

Also are there any good sales on these? They seem pro labeled so maybe stores don't stock them in numbers to cause them to need to try and clear them out.

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #1,927 of 4,010
Deep Funk

You have no idea how much I wish I could. I live in a small town in north dakota. People think I am crazy if I get a pair of head phones for 80 if it doesn't have noise cancellation. The only way I could is if I got a bunch online and returned the ones I didn't like. I would feel like a jerk if I did that. So I try and read the whole thread on headphones I am interested in. It takes forever but keeps me from buying too many headphones.

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #1,928 of 4,010
Quote:
Also are there any good sales on these? They seem pro labeled so maybe stores don't stock them in numbers to cause them to need to try and clear them out.

B&H has them for 269.99.  Best I've seen so far.

Apparently, Best Buy is going to start selling them in August, so there might be some price drops in the future...

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #1,929 of 4,010
Quote:

Thanks for the reply! Best of luck with your pair of DT1350's!

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #1,930 of 4,010
skyline315

Thanks for the great info. Not in a big hurry to get them. Happy with what I already have. I just know it could be a lot better. It may be a few hour drive but here is hoping my closest store will carry some. Anyone try razordog I know they were going to carry beyers some time soon.

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,932 of 4,010
Indeed, the lower bass on these is phenomenal for such a small set. Sure, it is no real subwoofer but in the context of these headphones it gets close.

I think people brought up some Kyuss and of course Mezzanine would be great. I'd add some other good sounding albums like Unplugged concerts as well. Nice kicks and acoustic bass on many of those. Pink Floyd remasters are nice and bassy. I actually did try the suggestion of Another One Bites.... by Queen and that was overly engaging as well. REM's Murmur remaster or MoFi master are very nice for such an old recording in the lower regions. I've gotten these to sing with some of the Kraftwerk remasters too.

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #1,935 of 4,010
Quote:

Ahhh, you're into the deep and dark. The sound of my home town! 

Most of my music collection is rock and singer/songwriter type stuff, but I found a love for more of the techno/club type music as of late. Pretty Lights, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Nero, Daft Punk, etc...I've found that I LOVE this type of music and my Mezzanine album is one of my favorites right now. It sounds out of the world amazing on the 1350s and I can't wait to hear more from this duo/group. I love the various elements that they incorporate into their tracks...it's very interesting music and I find it very addicting. I think I connected more with MA because they're closer to my demographic than some of the other much younger artists. I just turned 40 and I think these guys are in their 40s, as well...it may have absolutely nothing to do with that, I dunno, just speculating. I just seem to connect with their vibe :)  

If you know of any other similar artists, please let me know! 

EDIT: I guess I really am a fan of the music of your hometown....just found out that another one of my favorite bands, Portishead, is also from your neck of the woods. Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back