New Beyer DT1350
Jul 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,891 of 4,010
Quote:
mine arrived today
can't stop grinning its like my t1 just became portable,they sound amazing

not they sound amazing for the size ....they just sound amazing

Do they sound like the T1? Not a better/worse comparison I just want to know how they fair in terms of similarities/differences.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,894 of 4,010
Quote:
Hi Skyline,

I think the chance of you getting a defect one is minimum. Keen to hear what you think about them when you get them:)

It's basically between these and the M100s at this point.  I was looking for something more portable, but the M100s might just be portable enough.  Then again, nobody knows for sure what they're going to sound like.  Wish they'd come out soon, because I'm getting impatient!  

Of course, just after posting this, I notice that they've dropped to 269 on B&H.  Man, that's tempting...

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,895 of 4,010
Quote:
They have similiar sound preference but of course, T1 will have a much large soundstage and imaging is better as well.

Can you elaborate a little bit more please 
smile.gif

Does the T1 have nice sub-bass like the 1350, rather than a lot of mid-bass?
Does it have nice detailed treble without being too sharp?
Is the T1 A LOT more comfortable?
Does the T1 absolutely require a desktop amp?

Thanks!

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,897 of 4,010
Quote:
smile.gif

Thanks!

[size=medium]For some reason, I feel that my T1 isn’t giving me the sub bass like my DT1350, almost the same tho. ZombieX did give T1 high praise for its bass. Most people who have listened to T1 would agree that T1 has one of the finest treble that a headphone can offer.  T1 would be a lot more comfortable to wear but of coz it’s a bigger headphone so a bit heavier but overall most comfortable although I don’t find 1350 that uncomfortable to wear like most people. [/size]
[size=medium]I would say, you can listen T1 without a desktop amp, but you might as well get the best out of it by getting a decent amp since you’ve already spent the money. [/size]
[size=medium]Another point to say about T1 is they are not a WOW factored headphone. What I mean is that T1 sounds very neutral and boring to some people. I love the sound tho. I can listen it like forever and not get tired on the ears. It has the clarity and detail which I would like. Anyway it’s just my personal preference. From time to time I do put my DT990 or D7000 on for the omphy bass when I feel like dancing :D [/size]

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,898 of 4,010
Quote:

Why exactly?  And what makes you think there are defective pairs?  What we saw was variation. 

Well, I dont think they are defect but to some people the variation sure can be. I've test 4 pairs and the sound do vary but not by much (by my own ears tho). 

but then again, beyer should keep its headphones from varying here and there.  

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #1,899 of 4,010
Just got a pair in today and these sound generally excellent. I cannot think of another pair I have personally had in the 300 range like these. I do notice that sub bass. I am amping with custom home equipment. The treble is very good with some nice high-end flavors though not quite.

I think I agree midbass is def not the centerpiece here but damn that sub bass is amazing coming out of these things. So is the midrange hot damn. I have never heard that kind of bass (20-60hz) come out of such small speakers but they were much less awesome through my ipod for what is worth. Not sure but if I want portable I will have to get an amp. I would actually call these home headphones lol but I am sure they are fine on the road.

Not sure what all the hubub was about. Must have been some early pairs or just flat out weird measurements. 2 year warranty kind of says they might have known there might be some issues but all in all these are fantastic.

Now for those T1's.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,900 of 4,010
Quote:
smile.gif

Thanks!

• Comparing the units that I currently have in front of me (I've also noted variations with T1s), the T1 has better sub-bass than the DT1350. The DT1350 sub-bass does not sound nearly as clean, articulate, or as dynamic as the T1's.
  • The T1's treble is sharp compared to the DT1350. Personally, I have some serious issues with the T1's treble, whereas this is not the case for the DT1350.
  • The T1 is more comfy once "the clamp" loosens up. The DT1350 isn't uncomfortable either.
  • No. The T1 is fairly sensitive. It works fine from my the Sony VAIO out.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,901 of 4,010
Quote:

• Comparing the units that I currently have in front of me (I've also noted variations with T1s), the T1 has better sub-bass than the DT1350. The DT1350 sub-bass does not sound nearly as clean, articulate, or as dynamic as the T1's.
  • The T1's treble is sharp compared to the DT1350. Personally, I have some serious issues with the T1's treble, whereas this is not the case for the DT1350.
  • The T1 is more comfy once "the clamp" loosens up. The DT1350 isn't uncomfortable either.
  • No. The T1 is fairly sensitive. It works fine from my the Sony VAIO out.

Will the T1 have more subbass @.@ ?

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,902 of 4,010
LOL. The DT1350 has slightly moar but lower quality sub-bass than the T1. You can always EQ the T1 for moar higher quality sub-bass.

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,903 of 4,010
Ahh phew coz if that was true, the T1 would be a subbass monster, and I only recall reading about its highs.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #1,904 of 4,010
I'm sure someone have noticed that the strain relief on both cups can be easily scratched or if too unlucky, might tear by its own alloy that's connected to the swiveling mechanism if you happen to rotate the cups outwards (considering you are wearing correctly L/R channel) and the cups are fully tilted. I noticed it the first time I held my DT 1350, just thought someone might be careless and damage his/her wonderful 1350s.

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #1,905 of 4,010
My only concern is that I may need to get a side tightened in a year or so. I try not to move them but IDK other people using them may make the right side here a little slippy. Not a big problem at all. Also, with all this discussion I was interested in knowing if anybody has ever measured their ears for discrepancy. I have what amounts to a 1-1.5 dB difference in my ears. This can be heard most clearly with music that is obviously front and center. Think any mono recording or good traditional stereo setup. Anybody ever actually measure their ears or try to see if one ear hears lesser than the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back