New Beyer DT1350
Jul 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,951 of 4,010
Quote:
Really?  To me it feels like spreading the headband apart tightens the clamp.  Am I insane?  
confused_face_2.gif

Splitting the headband does make it tighter and also less pressure on the head. What I meant was pulling side ways.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,952 of 4,010
Quote:
I had it being quite tight, but after a period of usage, its became looser, but not really a big concern, still holding quite well for me. 

You can check post #1941, he sent it to get it fixed for no charge. 

My problem is I cannot just ship the headphones as I'm not in the US, and I bought this locally with only 3 months warranty from the seller which has expired already. I'm interested to know if anyone else had a worst case scenario with his problem.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #1,953 of 4,010
Quote:

My problem is I cannot just ship the headphones as I'm not in the US, and I bought this locally with only 3 months warranty from the seller which has expired already. I'm interested to know if anyone else had a worst case scenario with his problem.

They have repair centers all over.  You'll just have to pay for the fix...not sure how much it would cost.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,954 of 4,010
In the Philippines they do not have. So quit insisting the repair dude, I'm interested if anyone is having problems with the swiveling cups being too loose that looks like it might detach in the near future. Thank you.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #1,955 of 4,010
Jul 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #1,956 of 4,010
Quote:
In the Philippines they do not have. So quit insisting the repair dude, I'm interested if anyone is having problems with the swiveling cups being too loose that looks like it might detach in the near future. Thank you.

I've heard of one person making that complaint.  Not sure what else to tell you.

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #1,957 of 4,010
Quote:
I've heard of one person making that complaint.  Not sure what else to tell you.

Hey I'm not complaining, just interested about that guy's problem if anyone has experienced it too.. So,, so far none? I guess I'll have to hope for the best that it won't happen to mine. I'm just having an OCD because the left side is slightly easier to move than the right. Thanks.

Quote:

Thank you for trying to help, but believe me, that store, even though they are the official local dealer here, will never entertain you if you didn't buy the item from them.

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,958 of 4,010
Quote:

Hey I'm not complaining, just interested about that guy's problem if anyone has experienced it too.. So,, so far none? I guess I'll have to hope for the best that it won't happen to mine. I'm just having an OCD because the left side is slightly easier to move than the right. Thanks.

Thank you for trying to help, but believe me, that store, even though they are the official local dealer here, will never entertain you if you didn't buy the item from them.

That would not be acceptable to Beyerdynamic. If they are the authorized distributor and service location for the Philippines and won't help you, I'd contact Beyerdynamic and let them know. 

The only thing I've heard people complain about with regard to build issues is the little strips of padding on each part of the split headband. That can be fixed by just re-gluing. I've not heard of anyone having a problem with the rivet holding the cups onto the main headphone frame...seems like they'd need to be mishandled in some way for that to happen...I'm assuming you bought them used since you say the warranty was only 3 months? 

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #1,959 of 4,010
I've been using my DT1350 almost everyday at work for the pass two years and they are still holding good.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,960 of 4,010
when i got the DT1350, one of the metal adjustment slider things wouldn't move and, using pliers, i finally got it to move, but then it was just freely moving up and down.
it annoyed me a little bit, but I just used electrical tape to hold it at the position that fit my head. 
it still fits inside its travel case, so, in the end, it doesn't bother me, so i didn't bother to try to have it fixed.
on a positive note, i LOVE how the DT1350 sounds.  And I like how it's relatively small, including how the headband doesn't stick way out.  I've been loving it as my workout headphone.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,961 of 4,010
Quote:
when i got the DT1350, one of the metal adjustment slider things wouldn't move and, using pliers, i finally got it to move, but then it was just freely moving up and down.
it annoyed me a little bit, but I just used electrical tape to hold it at the position that fit my head. 
it still fits inside its travel case, so, in the end, it doesn't bother me, so i didn't bother to try to have it fixed.
on a positive note, i LOVE how the DT1350 sounds.  And I like how it's relatively small, including how the headband doesn't stick way out.  I've been loving it as my workout headphone.

Yep, they sound far better than I ever expected. They are pretty well secured on my head when using the split headband, so I can see why they work great for workouts. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,962 of 4,010
Quote:
I've been using my DT1350 almost everyday at work for the pass two years and they are still holding good.

Nice and thanks for sharing. :)

Quote:

That would not be acceptable to Beyerdynamic. If they are the authorized distributor and service location for the Philippines and won't help you, I'd contact Beyerdynamic and let them know. 

The only thing I've heard people complain about with regard to build issues is the little strips of padding on each part of the split headband. That can be fixed by just re-gluing. I've not heard of anyone having a problem with the rivet holding the cups onto the main headphone frame...seems like they'd need to be mishandled in some way for that to happen...I'm assuming you bought them used since you say the warranty was only 3 months? 

They're brand new, there's a person here who bought like 3-4 of them to sell, and sells almost like the price online ($299). (If you directly buy here from the authorized dealer, it is so over priced like $400+ "wth??" People here is not used to high end headphones and usually don't know the correct pricing of them so the store obviously take advantage on that).

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #1,963 of 4,010
Wow, that really sucks Autoexec...I hope you're able to find a way to get them fixed if they get any worse. 

As much as I love mine - and I REALLY love them - I wouldn't pay $400 for them. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,964 of 4,010
Quote:
Wow, that really sucks Autoexec...I hope you're able to find a way to get them fixed if they get any worse. 

As much as I love mine - and I REALLY love them - I wouldn't pay $400 for them. 

Just to clarify, mine is not like gonna be detached or something, it's just the right is a little bit tighter than the left and I'm just being OC that it might end up like RASeymour's, but I really don't think and hope so. :) Yes, I really love my DT1350's sound but not for $400, it sucks to live in a cheap country. :p

ADD: and yeah, I glued the headband pads using Contact Cement or RUGBY (if you even know what it is). I did not use permanent super glue so I can replace it in the future if I needed to. I really do hope RASeymour's case is phenomenal. scary... lol.

Jul 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #1,965 of 4,010
Quote:
Just to clarify, mine is not like gonna be detached or something, it's just the right is a little bit tighter than the left and I'm just being OC that it might end up like RASeymour's, but I really don't think and hope so. :) Yes, I really love my DT1350's sound but not for $400, it sucks to live in a cheap country. :p

ADD: and yeah, I glued the headband pads using Contact Cement or RUGBY (if you even know what it is). I did not use permanent super glue so I can replace it in the future if I needed to. I really do hope RASeymour's case is phenomenal. scary... lol.

I hope nothing happens to them either! I know I'd be really bummed if my pair broke, cause I love their sonics just as much as you do. I tend to be really anal with my gear, though...I baby it and treat it as though it's fragile, even when it's not. That's why I love the carrying case that comes with these little guys...I feel good having them safe in there when not in use or when I'm transporting them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back