New Beyer DT1350
Jun 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #497 of 4,010
I do not understand how you can have to much pressure on one side only. If both side have the same extension level the pressure should be equal on both side.  Does the cups move freely on all angles on each side?  Have you try opening the headband?

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #498 of 4,010

Quote:
I get it on the other side - the left side is pressing harder than the right side.

So, you're good together... 
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #501 of 4,010
If both sides are equally extended and you are having trouble then try it with different settings for left an right.
Also try pushing against the headband when positioned on your head, in the direction of the side with lower pressure. Pressure is even between both earcups. That's physics. The only thing that can hinder the even distribution of pressure is you head. It's friction against the headband causes it to be under pressure to one side. As mentioned already, try pushing against the headband until it's all equal.

Also check the position of the cups on your ear. Sometime a lower isolation level feels like a lower pressure when just the positioning is not good.

m00h

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #502 of 4,010

Quote:
A question for everyone - do the metal bands going from the phone to headband not press on the upper part of your ear? I think mine do, but want to make sure anyone else is having problems with these.

While we're on the topic of positioning and fit, has anyone else had this with either 1350 or T50p?

I admit to being a bit worried about looking at the phones and picturing it as I do have large ears. 

Did you manage to solve this with positioning Szadzik?

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #503 of 4,010
I have owned the T50p and currently have the DT1350 and never had any fitting problem. The T50p headband was larger then the DT1350 and I have an average/to small head and had the T50p set to the minimum.  On the DT1350 I have them extended with two click on each side.  Also positioning is a lot easier with the DT1350.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #504 of 4,010
It's more ear size I'm concerned with. I'm not deformed or anything but I do have large ears that stick out a bit, reading Szadzik's problem made me look at the design and imagine my own ears and think... hmmm... could be a problem... Hope not...

I'm not too worried as these seem to have a pretty strong seal of approval and have measured very well so if they don't fit I'm sure I'd find a buyer if I did pull the trigger, was just wondering if this might be an issue.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #505 of 4,010
Comfort is the weak link for me.  My ears are done being squeezed at about the 2 hour mark.  I have not yet bent the headband out to lessen the squeeze.  I'll try that.  So far, the foam on the pads sort of collapses, and the edge of the cup starts digging in through the foam.  Great sound, great form factor, great build quality, cool little case for them, questionable comfort.

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #506 of 4,010
The two hour comfort thing I expect with supra-aurals. I'm really looking for something to replace my HF-780 (which aren't bad but just underwhelm me) for my daily commute. Less than an hour twice a day. And the cross town journey to my girlfriend's house, hour and a half or so.

Do I pull the trigger on these now, wait for the K550 and T70P to appear or something else... not a bad dilemma to have!

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #507 of 4,010
Why do I see myself A Bing the 1350 vs the K550 in 6 months time
rolleyes.gif

Seems like the leaked specs and pics of the AKG K550 have a lot of people worked up and curious.

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #509 of 4,010
Jun 13, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #510 of 4,010
Is the K550 the sequel to the k450?

Headphones typically have lengthy life cycles, playing the waiting game when a headphone released a year or ago could prove to a bad decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back