New Beyer DT1350
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,151 of 4,010
Hello all,

I recently bought a used pair of the DT1350's. I was very pleased with my purchase considering that i bought these for a knock-down price, however i have noticed that the left ear sliding mechanism is a lot looser than the one on the right. I am wondering if any of you experts know of anyway to tighten this side up? Or any chance of Beyer to repair free of charge without proof of purchase?! Bit of a long shot but thought one of you knowledgable people may know the best way forward! Thanks in advance :)

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #3,152 of 4,010
DT1350 IS the new DT48.

Beyer now has audiometry version of the DT1350 on their website, take a look: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #3,153 of 4,010
Hello all,

I recently bought a used pair of the DT1350's. I was very pleased with my purchase considering that i bought these for a knock-down price, however i have noticed that the left ear sliding mechanism is a lot looser than the one on the right. I am wondering if any of you experts know of anyway to tighten this side up? Or any chance of Beyer to repair free of charge without proof of purchase?! Bit of a long shot but thought one of you knowledgable people may know the best way forward! Thanks in advance :)

It is likely that the hinge connecting the ear cup to the steel frame has lost the silicon which gives it its steady and solid movement. Mine is the same, except i stupidely removed it thinking it was something else and now the left cup is looser than the right (haven't been too bothered by it as it still fits fine when worn).

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #3,154 of 4,010
It is likely that the hinge connecting the ear cup to the steel frame has lost the silicon which gives it its steady and solid movement. Mine is the same, except i stupidely removed it thinking it was something else and now the left cup is looser than the right (haven't been too bothered by it as it still fits fine when worn).

Oh thanks for your reply. I suppose there's no way to fix this without sending it to an authorised repairer?

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #3,157 of 4,010
Quote:
Btw did you look at the specs? It seems that frequency response is same, but impedance is only 32ohm and SPL whopping 15dB higher. If they sound anywhere close to the DT1350 they would make a better portable headphone unamped.

... not to mention the color coated sides r pretty sexy

still un amped it should be pretty good :O

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3,158 of 4,010
Any recommended full-size headphone that similar/higher SQ and in the same price range with DT1350 ?
I'm about to sell my Senn RS180 and ATH M50s so I'm thinking to get the full-size headphone for the replacement.

I keep thinking if only DT1350 has no comfort problem with the long-time usage it would be perfect ....

DT1350s are hard to beat, they aren't some FOTM people dig because of some wierd coloration but a genuine high performance device that is neutral, extended in FR up and down and has very good dynamics. I heard some good things about the T70 and the 550 doesn't seem too bad.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3,159 of 4,010
DT1350s are hard to beat, they aren't some FOTM people dig because of some wierd coloration but a genuine high performance device that is neutral, extended in FR up and down and has very good dynamics. I heard some good things about the T70 and the 550 doesn't seem too bad.

Agree that the DT1350's are a technical masterpiece. They still amaze me! It manages to make every note/nuance/beat perfectly clear. But there lies the problem for me..it throws those notes out almost TOO perfectly! "Here's one, there's another..... exactly how it was recorded. This is what you want right?" Well.. No. It sounds far too analytical for me and sometimes you just want a cohesive tune that just sounds good as the sum of its parts. Smooth and coherent. This is why I find myself gravitating towards the Amperiors every time I want to enjoy my music and have fun. Although saying that, I am not letting go of my DT1350's just yet!

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #3,164 of 4,010
Quote:

What do you mean by reinforced? The audiometry version simply doesn't have a plug so you can put whatever you want yourself.

The DT1350 cable is reinforced with material to make it much stronger than a normal cable. It is a very strong cable designed for professional studio environment use, accidental yanking etc. I expect the plug is connected to this reinforcing material?

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,165 of 4,010
Quote:

Kinda-sorta, I would say the AKG K550. 

Quote:

Yeah, seems like AKG K550 has similarity with the DT1350. But still having doubt in my mind I auditioned some headphones in local store (unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try the 550 :frowning2: ).
I've tried DT880 32ohm, HD600, HD598, and ATH 900X. I do like the DT880 but I prefer 250ohm version because I've invest some of amps and I can see that I would invest more into the amps in the future. Unfortunately the store didn't have the DT880 250ohm version.

Then when I looked around I happened to see Denon D2000 headphone (demo unit, the condition is worse!). Having discount of about 55% off from the MSRP and still get 1 year warranty I totally dig into this headphone and so I bought the Denon AH D2000. In my first impression d2000 has wider soundstage, the bass a bit punchy but not as tight, and the mid is little bit recessed compare to DT1350.

I do enjoy the denon but after a while I'm looking another headphone again (somehow it doesn't satify me) and then found this deal for DT770 Pro 250Ohm. I've read some review on DT770 on this forum and others as well, just want to know from the other DT1350 user perspective, how this DT770 perform ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back