New Beyer DT1350
Feb 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3,166 of 4,010
Quote:

The DT1350 cable is reinforced with material to make it much stronger than a normal cable. It is a very strong cable designed for professional studio environment use, accidental yanking etc. I expect the plug is connected to this reinforcing material?

Well, based on the pictures, it looks like the cable is exactly the same, except without the plug. I guess they kept the reinforced material on it too. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3,167 of 4,010
Quote:
The headphone cable is not terminated so you can use whatever plug you want for it. It's the same with the DT48.

I think it's DT48A (audiometry version as well) which has no plug, the DT48E does have one.

Wonder what are the sonic differences between AT1350 and DT1350.. There's only one way to find out
wink_face.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #3,169 of 4,010
Then when I looked around I happened to see Denon D2000 headphone (demo unit, the condition is worse!). Having discount of about 55% off from the MSRP and still get 1 year warranty I totally dig into this headphone

I do enjoy the denon but after a while I'm looking another headphone again (somehow it doesn't satify me) and then found this deal for DT770 Pro 250Ohm. I've read some review on DT770 on this forum and others as well, just want to know from the other DT1350 user perspective, how this DT770 perform ? Thanks.

Although it produces valuable data, I am not the #1 fan of headphone to headphone comparisons because it introduces two subjective points of data, which increases the potential for error. For it to work, the review must accurately hear and describe two different headphones, and you must interpret correctly what he means for two headphones. I think intermediate and advanced headfiers are better served if they can identify what they want in a headphone and find that headphone instead of engaging in X and Y comparisons.

That said, it's brilliant of you to ask other dt1350 users, since none of us are like to recommend a bass monster.

But last I remember the dt770 wasn't a neutral headphone? Isn't neutrality what you want from the DT1350?

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #3,170 of 4,010
Although it produces valuable data, I am not the #1 fan of headphone to headphone comparisons because it introduces two subjective points of data, which increases the potential for error. For it to work, the review must accurately hear and describe two different headphones, and you must interpret correctly what he means for two headphones. I think intermediate and advanced headfiers are better served if they can identify what they want in a headphone and find that headphone instead of engaging in X and Y comparisons.

That said, it's brilliant of you to ask other dt1350 users, since none of us are like to recommend a bass monster.

But last I remember the dt770 wasn't a neutral headphone? Isn't neutrality what you want from the DT1350?

Although I agree with you somewhat, XY comparisons can't be underestimated. Behind every good science experiment is a control and sometimes it can serve as a sanity check after all we are not getting any younger and hearing will degrade over time. in addition, we can get used to a particular sound/signature. Years down the line our subjective experience can drift. Which is why a control can be important. :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #3,171 of 4,010
Quote:

Yes, I can say I like all aspect from DT1350 except comfort .. 
After looking around I decided stay with my denon for now.. probably will try some easy mod on my denon.. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #3,173 of 4,010
I'm really interested and totally convinced on the sound quality of these, but it sucks that there are so many complaints about the comfort!
Is it to do with the clamping force or is it the pads? ....or both? :frowning2: I don't have a big head, but I do wear glasses. How much worse are they with glasses?

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #3,174 of 4,010
Quote:
I'm really interested and totally convinced on the sound quality of these, but it sucks that there are so many complaints about the comfort!
Is it to do with the clamping force or is it the pads? ....or both? :frowning2: I don't have a big head, but I do wear glasses. How much worse are they with glasses?

I think the focus on comfort issues is the only thing you can blame these headphones. But it is no worse than for instance, most of the Grado's, Sennheiser Amperior, HD-25, B&W P5 and every other on-ear headphone. If you have a problem with having presure on your ears for long listening sessions you will have a problem with all on-ear headphones. 

I wear glasses and I have no problem with DT-1350 at all. I think that after some hours my ears get soar. That is only a good thing because then it is time for a listening break anyway to rest the ears. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #3,175 of 4,010
Oh cool I've actually tried the P5 and it wasn't so bad, and it's good to know I have a reference point. I kind of had the impression from some comments that the Beyer was particularly more uncormfortable than usual but since that's not really the case then I'm not all that fussed so I think I'll be fine :) Thanks!

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3,176 of 4,010
In my opinion comfort is not that bad... it takes some usage time though, i.e. stretching the headband a bit and softening the pads. Don't let a first impression (or comments in this thread) scare you away -- I still love their sound and don't have more problems wearing them than using the P5, the HD25, the Momentum (which was on-ear in my case) etc.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #3,178 of 4,010
Awesome :)

Do they sound okay directly through an iPod Touch, or are they majorly underutilised without a decent amp? I have a Fiio E6 amp which I feel is pretty useless for my HD449. If my iPod isn't enough then I hope my E6 improves it. Has anyone tried E6 with these Beyers? If they aren't good enough then I'll have to hunt for a more serious amp... *wallet cries

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3,180 of 4,010
Unfortunately these do seem to need an amp for the power (not the 'sound signature tweaks' a lot of ampers like to play with, but power). I haven't done the calculations though so I don't know if the E6 is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back