New Beyer DT1350
Dec 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #3,061 of 4,010
Quote:
Hi, just want to share my experience with DT1350 on my first post.

I have it for about four weeks. And I used it mainly at office and at home (so almost most of my days).
First week I missed the amount of bass that I usually get from Sennheiser RS-180 or ATH M50s. So I decided to buy Digizoid ZO2 and it was really solve the problem.
Second week I use my DT1350 mostly with Digizoid ZO2 and happy with it.
Something happened on third week, it start giving a nice amount of bass (without Digizoid ZO2).
And now I use my DT1350 almost without the Digizoid ZO2.

One thing that challenge me is to solve the comfort issue. I still can tolerate for using 2-3 hours before giving some pain.
I found there are mixed result when using the HD 25 valour pad on top of original pad but probably will try it this week anyway.

Btw, last week I had a chance to try the Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and I'm glad to go with DT1350 as I prefer the sound from my DT1350. :)

congrats, you can get the beyer velour pads instead of the HD25. I found the HD25 pads will degrade the sound of 1350.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #3,062 of 4,010
Quote:
Something happened on third week, it start giving a nice amount of bass (without Digizoid ZO2).

IMO the pads get softer after some days and the correct seal is easier to accomplish... I remember an effect quite like your experience shortly after I bought them. They are still a bit sensitive to positioning though, so take some time to try different positions. I found them to get the best seal when sitting more to the back of my ears, with the headband a little more to the front (i.e. not straight upwards from the ears but a bit slanted to the front).

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #3,063 of 4,010
Quote:
Hi, just want to share my experience with DT1350 on my first post.

I have it for about four weeks. And I used it mainly at office and at home (so almost most of my days).
First week I missed the amount of bass that I usually get from Sennheiser RS-180 or ATH M50s. So I decided to buy Digizoid ZO2 and it was really solve the problem.
Second week I use my DT1350 mostly with Digizoid ZO2 and happy with it.

One thing that challenge me is to solve the comfort issue. I still can tolerate for using 2-3 hours before giving some pain.
I found there are mixed result when using the HD 25 valour pad on top of original pad but probably will try it this week anyway.

Btw, last week I had a chance to try the Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and I'm glad to go with DT1350 as I prefer the sound from my DT1350. :)

That's awesome to hear :D I love the HD-25-1 bass but hate it's EVERYTHING elese lol. I'm hoping to get to try these my self ^^ 

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #3,064 of 4,010
Quote:
That's awesome to hear :D I love the HD-25-1 bass but hate it's EVERYTHING elese lol. I'm hoping to get to try these my self ^^ 

Wow...I love both models.   They are different in many ways, so if you did not like the HD25s perhaps you will enjoy the Beyers. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3,065 of 4,010
Quote:
congrats, you can get the beyer velour pads instead of the HD25. I found the HD25 pads will degrade the sound of 1350.

Thanks for your input, may I know how is the isolation with the velour pads compare to the original pads ? 

Quote:

IMO the pads get softer after some days and the correct seal is easier to accomplish... I remember an effect quite like your experience shortly after I bought them. They are still a bit sensitive to positioning though, so take some time to try different positions. I found them to get the best seal when sitting more to the back of my ears, with the headband a little more to the front (i.e. not straight upwards from the ears but a bit slanted to the front).

Yeah, you are absolutely right!

Quote:

So far all the sennheiser can I have tried tend to be bassy, I used to try PX-100, cx300, and RS-180. For some specific genres or songs that I've tried I do like it more with HD-25-1, actually I'm considering to get one when there is a sale .. hehehe ..
But if you have the DT1350 + Digizoid ZO2.3 I believe it should cover your needs. :)

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #3,066 of 4,010
So, there are obviously a lot of songs that sound great on the 1350s.  Even so, there are certain times where a song comes up that sounds like it was made speficically for these headphones.

All I Need by Radiohead absolutely stopped me in my tracks yesterday. 

Go forth and listen :)

If possible, get a high quality version of the song...the youtube versions are alright, but completely miss on the drum and bass impact that pairs so well with these amazing little portables.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,067 of 4,010
Quote:
So, there are obviously a lot of songs that sound great on the 1350s.  Even so, there are certain times where a song comes up that sounds like it was made speficically for these headphones.

All I Need by Radiohead absolutely stopped me in my tracks yesterday. 

Go forth and listen :)

If possible, get a high quality version of the song...the youtube versions are alright, but completely miss on the drum and bass impact that pairs so well with these amazing little portables.

By HQ, he means a 16bit Flac... <3 and most of the time that's the case... youtube no like a duh Drums n Bass <.< 

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #3,068 of 4,010
I have yet to hear a decent quality audio uploaded on youtube. Sometimes when I feel like posting a song I'm currently synced to on fb, I search for it on youtube and then I'll end up not posting it due to the very disappointing quality of the audio.

So, are the new pads (suede/larger leatherette) not worth the effort?

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,069 of 4,010
Quote:
I have yet to hear a decent quality audio uploaded on youtube. Sometimes when I feel like posting a song I'm currently synced to on fb, I search for it on youtube and then I'll end up not posting it due to the very disappointing quality of the audio.

So, are the new pads (suede/larger leatherette) not worth the effort?

Try some of Freddy Mercury and Queen's concert footage from their Montreal show. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #3,070 of 4,010
Finally get the HD 25 velour pad to put on top of the original pad of DT1350.
First impression I found that the velour pad is itchy on my ear and as dragoonv said it decreases the sound quality. :frowning2:

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #3,071 of 4,010
Quote:
Finally get the HD 25 velour pad to put on top of the original pad of DT1350.
First impression I found that the velour pad is itchy on my ear and as dragoonv said it decreases the sound quality. :frowning2:

At least the HD25 pads are cheap, people were paying a large amount of the DT1350 cost to buy the larger suede pads from Beyer ... and still not satisfied with the result!

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #3,072 of 4,010
http://www.head-fi.org/t/642250/review-indeed-g3-modded-hybrid-tube-amp#post_8979527

Here's my review of my Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube amp... and let me just say... this little guy is AWESOME! This thing has a bass boost :D and it adds some SERIOUS BASS! And there's still great detail and tightness to that bass! But for any one using the Dt 1350 at home... MAN GET ONE OF THESE! Dub Step is EPIC on the Dt 880 with the G3 [imagine the Dt1350's flat line +5db bass :D... mmm that's gatta sound good is all  can think!] 

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #3,074 of 4,010
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/642250/review-indeed-g3-modded-hybrid-tube-amp#post_8979527

Here's my review of my Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube amp... and let me just say... this little guy is AWESOME! This thing has a bass boost :D and it adds some SERIOUS BASS! And there's still great detail and tightness to that bass! But for any one using the Dt 1350 at home... MAN GET ONE OF THESE! Dub Step is EPIC on the Dt 880 with the G3 [imagine the Dt1350's flat line +5db bass :D... mmm that's gatta sound good is all  can think!] 

Wow.. awesome ..
Wondering how this compare to the Digizoid ZO2.3 ..

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #3,075 of 4,010
Quote:
Wow.. awesome ..
Wondering how this compare to the Digizoid ZO2.3 ..

... it's got WAY more bass than my E11 so... I think the DigiZoid would also fall to beat it. But ofc, it is a tube so it's not portable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back