New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #271 of 335
Thanks for the reply. Budget isnt an issue for me since I know the statement stuff isnt coming out until the end of the year. I'm definitely going to go SS with the Amp, because i'm too lazy to do tube rolling.

If only the LCD-2s were ruthenium clad....

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #272 of 335
After reading so much about headfi gear over the past year couple of years, I don't see much at all written about the Edition 8's. They are really expensive and look great but for some reason I just don't see people raving about them in the same way as Hifimans, the T1's or even HD650 or K70x,s.

I would agree that whatever cans you get and decide on then go balanced.

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #273 of 335
I forgot to include the Audeze's. They are probably the most talked about cans IMO.

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #274 of 335

Quote:
After reading so much about headfi gear over the past year couple of years, I don't see much at all written about the Edition 8's. They are really expensive and look great but for some reason I just don't see people raving about them in the same way as Hifimans, the T1's or even HD650 or K70x,s.
I would agree that whatever cans you get and decide on then go balanced.

I don't know much about them either. Reason I didn't include a comment on them for JH going balanced.
I would equate them similarly with the Fostex 900. High price tag and underwhelming performance. (Just based on others comments)

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #275 of 335
Unlike the TH900 though, the Ultrasones are just bad.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #276 of 335
Off topic: But is there a headphone $2000 + worth it? (excluding Stax)

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #277 of 335

Quote:
Off topic: But is there a headphone $2000 + worth it? (excluding Stax)

"Worth it" is subjective, but I think of the Audez'e LCD-3, as well as vintage headphones like the Sony R10, Qualia, etc.

Also, the Ultrasone Ed. 10 are in that price range, although I don't know many Ultrasone fans and never heard the headphones myself.

May 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #278 of 335

Quote:
Wow , bit over sensitive aren't we? You do know that our economy is suffering because of out sourced jobs don't you? You honestly think that buying every piece of electronics in your home from Chinese manufacturers doesn't have a negative effect on US manufacturers? Which in turns effects our work force and thus economy and that doesn't even make you think at all? 

The vast and I do mean VAST majority of this market dealing with headphone amps and DAC's is built in China. Hell , even the vast majority of headphones we use are built in China ..so us celebrating being able to buy from an American company a product that is made in America in a affordable price range is somehow economically racist?

LOL, if you think "outsourcing" is responsible for the fiscal collapse of our country/economy, you need to open your eyes/ears. On a scale of 1-10 (10 bearing the most responsibility), outsourcing would probably be a 3. End thread derail.....

I have a Lyr/Bifrost combo right now as my bedroom setup and looking eagerly awaiting this release. Sucks that Schiit is in CA, means I have to pay state sales tax. Does anyone know if Schiit allows pickups? I live like 30 minutes away. 

May 1, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #279 of 335
Better to pay tax than international freight. At least you get to go to headfi meets as well.

May 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #282 of 335
Shiit's supposed to be the giant-slayer, right?

May 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #283 of 335
Quote:

Oh IC where you're going.  What's with all the hype around the Bryston lately?  Does it make Cappuccinos?  Seems to have mixed reviews.

May 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #284 of 335

Oh IC where you're going.  What's with all the hype around the Bryston lately?  Does it make Cappuccinos?  Seems to have mixed reviews.

Exactly, that's why I think that their new $1300 balanced SS headamp should be a fairly easy target for the $750 Mjolnir.

May 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #285 of 335
Is the Bryston out yet? I am a Schiit fan but a good friend is a full blow Bryston junkie. Would love to read a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back