NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Dec 26, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #256 of 732
I have no idea where my pair is... E-mailed Kaneda at PriceJapan, waiting for information. It's not like him to forget sending needed information though, maybe he's busy. But I sent the order around 1,5 weeks ago. = /

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #257 of 732
Quote:
I have no idea where my pair is... E-mailed Kaneda at PriceJapan, waiting for information. It's not like him to forget sending needed information though, maybe he's busy. But I sent the order around 1,5 weeks ago. = /

Sad. You have ever used this site before? Never heard about it (heard only about audiocubes).

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #259 of 732
I have used the site and I can recomend it anytime. = ) Kaneda answered, by mistake my phones were not shipped, but he shipped them on 27th. I might be able to get them next week.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #260 of 732
Quote:
I have used the site and I can recomend it anytime. = ) Kaneda answered, by mistake my phones were not shipped, but he shipped them on 27th. I might be able to get them next week.

Ok.

Does anybody have both of ESW11LTD and W3000ANV? It would be cool to read the comparison on them. (WTB W3000ANV.)

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #263 of 732
Hey guys, I have the phones now, been having them for few days. I've been somewhat busy with other things so I have not done a serious compare yet. I can only say that they definitely are high quality headphones. I will try to do some testing later today. And.. Picture time! I love taking pictures.^__^

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #264 of 732
Now the price has come down a bit I'm tempted to pick up a pair to try. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #266 of 732
Quote:
Now the price has come down a bit I'm tempted to pick up a pair to try. 

Really? Doesn't seem to have moved much to me? It is 634 AUD, was 614 AUD a few days ago I think.

However, it still beats the Aussie RRP of $899... waiting to see what some of the other stores are going to offer it for. Also, hoping you guys will throw out a few more comparisons before I commit to a move, I'm enjoying the W3000ANV I picked up a few days ago though.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #267 of 732
Still over $700. here, i was hoping in the low 5's.  Guess i have some waiting to do.
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #268 of 732
Doing a compare now...

Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV driven by Luxman SQ-N100 (with Psvane EL84-T's), which is fed by ORB JADE 1-LTD.

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD driven from iPod Classic 160 Gb.

Might be unfair, but I think it's rather close to what they are intended for. I also don't like the idea of switching between phones several times as I don't know if it's good for the amplifier. ORB switched on some protection when I tested couple of phones back when I still had ATH-W1000X and used ORB as an amplifier too. In any case...

Quite naturally, ATH-ESW11LTD sounds less airy, more crowded. Smaller soundstage. Sound is harsher, less fine, more "in your face" than with the ATH-W3000ANV. Especially the highs. There's a bit more mid-bass, pleasantly punchy mid-bass. Lower bass is less tight, maybe also bit lesser in quantity than ATH-W3000ANV. Bass is fast but it also fades away fast, earlier roll-off. Vocals are good, but nowhere near as special as they are with ATH-W3000ANV. These are generally less warm too, definitely.

ATH-ESW11LTD is a good headphone with nothing exactly missing and I believe it gets better with use. Well, it still was not much of a compare. These are nice portable phones and as perhaps expected, not night and day with ATH-W3000ANV, not at all. ATH-W3000ANV is still much more pleasant and relaxing to listen to.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #269 of 732
I'm not sure if I want these or the ED8... but then the question is do I really need these at all? Will be interesting to see the pricing of the ED8 with the newer Romeo and Juliet versions around.

Obvious answer is I don't seeing as I have the ESW9 and Momentum :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back