NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Jan 6, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #275 of 732
Quote:
ESW11 definitely less analytical and more romantic sounding than DT1350

That is true. It should also be said, that the ESW11 does not sound good with every source. It is rather picky.

EDIT: to my ears so far, best source is my Vintag(y) Philips CD-Player.

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #277 of 732
I forgot who PM'ed me before. But anyways... here is a short comparison between the ESW11LTD and W3000ANV for anyone that is interested. No sophisticated style writing whatsoever as English is not my native language.

The W3000ANV wins hands down with a good sized soundstage and imaging, extending well down with control, great dynamics and texture. I used to like the mids on the W3000ANV a lot until I got familiar with the ESW11LTD. Maybe preferences changed over time or I just heard better for myself. The ESW11LTD will sound overall more natural and weighty. The mids are really nice and its strongest trait. The W3000ANV mids may impress you with a drugged like mental state which for my taste may sometimes be a bit too much. So if you are really in the mood for that that might do well or not.

Although soundstage and imaging on the ESW11LTD is not as good as the W3000ANV there are no real flaws. I think the only most notably complaint I could give to the ESW11LTD is the bass. The bass quantity is just ever so slightly over the edge of asking the front presentation (boomy). So it would have been better if that was tamed and if it could extent down a little more. Anyone who owns a ESW11LTD noticed it has two tiny 'holes' at the top of the cup? Might serve as a air port? The W1000X I owned had those too.

Both woodies are not perfect for my taste. So I am still hoping for Audio Technica to continue with their woodies until I find one that simply understand me. But I will keep these two for now! These are limited 
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #278 of 732
there is no point of comparing ESW11ltd with high-end and full-size headphones because the price tag clearly targeted at Collectors. Anyone here have any idea how many will ever be produced?

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #279 of 732
Quote:
there is no point of comparing ESW11ltd with high-end and full-size headphones because the price tag clearly targeted at Collectors. Anyone here have any idea how many will ever be produced?

This number is unknown. Just take a look there: numbers. I guess this number is 2000 pieces.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #280 of 732
I read on a site that its limited to 1000. I posted it earlier in this thread.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #282 of 732
Today I have chance to test ESW11 paired with the latest Ortofon amp the MHD-7, I think they sound wonderful.

MHD-7 really bring the magical midrange from ESW11 to another level!, it's so sweet, fluid, and intimate, really special for female vocal. Another addition is for bass impact, which is improve the impact and still clear.

If ihave to put the cons, I think it's at soundstage wise, it's not narrow or overly small, it's just not as spacious and large as other amp like Portaphile 627 or RSA SR71A.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #285 of 732
Quote:
Today I have chance to test ESW11 paired with the latest Ortofon amp the MHD-7, I think they sound wonderful.

MHD-7 really bring the magical midrange from ESW11 to another level!, it's so sweet, fluid, and intimate, really special for female vocal. Another addition is for bass impact, which is improve the impact and still clear.

If ihave to put the cons, I think it's at soundstage wise, it's not narrow or overly small, it's just not as spacious and large as other amp like Portaphile 627 or RSA SR71A.

Is the MHD-7 still available on store? I would like to try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back