NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Jan 24, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #286 of 732
Quote:
Is there any comparison to the ESW9? Is the ESW11LTD worth the extra 500+ $?

If you expect the different to worth $500, then no, it's not that worth it.

But on the other way, the 11 definitely an upgrade from ESW9, it's just simply sound cleaner through all spectrum, more detailed, better separation, less bloated bass with better textured, and also more spacious soundstage.

It doesn't has "very" melow midrange ala ESW9, it's a bit more neutral but still maintain the sweetness and smooth ala ATH.

Quote:
Is the MHD-7 still available on store? I would like to try it

Unfortunetly not 
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #289 of 732
Look what I picked up at Yodobashi Camera today... For 35,820 JPY...

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #293 of 732
Quote:
How did you get that price?  I was there last weekend and they were closer to 50,000 yen. 

My bad, it was Bic Camera.  They had a special sale of 4 units.  I grabbed the last one. It was regularly 49,800 yen, but it was on sale for 39,800 yen.  Then they knocked off an additional 10% off instead of giving it to me in points which came out to 35,820 yen.  

It was a very cool deal. I almost picked up a pair of Audio Technica A700 which they were selling for 2980 yen too. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #294 of 732
Quote:
My bad, it was Bic Camera.  They had a special sale of 4 units.  I grabbed the last one. It was regularly 49,800 yen, but it was on sale for 39,800 yen.  Then they knocked off an additional 10% off instead of giving it to me in points which came out to 35,820 yen.  

It was a very cool deal. I almost picked up a pair of Audio Technica A700 which they were selling for 2980 yen too. 

That is a pretty good price though.  Would make it easy for me to convince myself to buy a pair. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #296 of 732
You really lucked out.  Any idea if that sale is ongoing?

The price was limited to 4 units. I got the last one...

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #298 of 732
Quote:

If you expect the different to worth $500, then no, it's not that worth it.

But on the other way, the 11 definitely an upgrade from ESW9, it's just simply sound cleaner through all spectrum, more detailed, better separation, less bloated bass with better textured, and also more spacious soundstage.

It doesn't has "very" melow midrange ala ESW9, it's a bit more neutral but still maintain the sweetness and smooth ala ATH.

Unfortunetly not 
tongue.gif

I am confused, they have more bass than the es10s.......and the es10's bass is crazy over the top compared to the esw9 but here written that the bass on the 11's is less bloated than the esw9's.....I don't hear the esw9's bass as bloated at all.  Trying to dial in a sound to these and it what i am reading is that they have a very strong emphasis on the bass......?

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #299 of 732
When I heard them, compared to the ES10, they actually just sound... warmer, with slightly less treble extension. My ES10 with lambskin ear pads have treble that extends to the very edge (drops off at 20KHz, but 19KHz is very audible). The ESW11LTD sounds like they drop off at around 16KHz.

Midrange is the same on both. ESW11LTD just sounds warmer. ESW9 is still lusher than both.

Bass is also the same on both. Again, ESW11LTD just sounds warmer here, while ES10 sounds cleaner.

I think those who are saying the ESW11LTD have monster bass probably haven't heard the ES10 at its best... (or worst... depending on the music)

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #300 of 732
got a pair of these a few days ago, on casual listening, they are definitely tuned different from the W3000ANV (my fav) and far better than the esw9. But I found them to be excellent and love them, and like anything limited that I like, I promptly purchased another pair.

I got them for about 500 US at a store in Hong Kong call "Let's go" at the Wanchai Computer shopping arcade 2nd floor, where there's an excellent selection of headphone stores that sells a very good selection of products. I found an A-T Hard case for my ath-esw11ltd at another store there. If you happen to be in Hong Kong, should drop by for a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back