New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition]
Aug 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #511 of 1,962
@bimmer100

can you show us a photo of the soldering is required for the new MCU? 

The MCU is no soldering. It's a simple ic that is about 1/4 x 1.25" in size. Maybe 40pins and simply pull the one out of the back of the displays pcb board. Note the key on one side.
I am NOT sure if the dac19 needs MCU or not. Just be sure to ask.. Especially if you have 7sec display go dark option.

I needed it for my nfb28, and lost the feature as I had no idea I was even getting an MCU let alone was supposed to custom order it with 7sec display go dark. Kingwa is kindly sending me a new MCU to fix the issue. But I wanted to let others know to ask about MCU if you upgrade any of your audio-Gd product with amanero

This photo sort of shows the MCU
At least part of it. This is from my nfb28. Again, I don't know if the dac19 needs MCU replacement too. Please ask when you order!!

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #513 of 1,962
@bimmer100

The soldering I did with my m11 may vary with what the dac19 requires. But the bottom of the via usb32 had a single wire soldered to it.. See the photo. I removed it and soldered it to its new location.
It's also possible you may have an hdmi i2s that has a single wire soldered to a 3.3v contact on the via, would need to be moved to the 3.3v contact on the amanero. My nfb-28 had to have this type installation done. Kingwa can supply specific instructions for your model.

Most of them should be super easy!

Note: this is master11, not dac19. It may not apply at all. Likely it won't. Whomever orders the amanero for their dac19 then please post photos and instructions for others to see.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #514 of 1,962

@bimmer100

The MCU is no soldering. It's a simple ic that is about 1/4 x 1.25" in size. Maybe 40pins and simply pull the one out of the back of the displays pcb board. Note the key on one side.
I am NOT sure if the dac19 needs MCU or not. Just be sure to ask.. Especially if you have 7sec display go dark option.

I needed it for my nfb28, and lost the feature as I had no idea I was even getting an MCU let alone was supposed to custom order it with 7sec display go dark. Kingwa is kindly sending me a new MCU to fix the issue. But I wanted to let others know to ask about MCU if you upgrade any of your audio-Gd product with amanero

This photo sort of shows the MCU
At least part of it. This is from my nfb28. Again, I don't know if the dac19 needs MCU replacement too. Please ask when you order!!

Your M11 MCU looks like a M7 MCU + M9's MCU combined together. 

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #516 of 1,962
Your M11 MCU looks like a M7 MCU + M9's MCU combined together. 

That MCU for the m11 did not need to be replaced. FYI.
And all the dacs that have that display should have an MCU that looks the same. But I don't know which ones need replacing and which ones don't.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #517 of 1,962
  Regarding MCU and Dac-19, it does not have a display???  Anyway, I'm not there yet....

True, the DAC19 does not have a display. I'm not sure if if has an MCU or not. It's questionable. Being that it doesn't, It may not have the need. I don't think it will be relevent for the DAC19.

But many of us that own the DAC19 also own other Audio-gd gear. I just wanted to mention this just in case. 

I may be purchasing another piece of gear from Audio-gd in the near future. I love their products :D

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #518 of 1,962
True, the DAC19 does not have a display. I'm not sure if if has an MCU or not. It's questionable. Being that it doesn't, It may not have the need. I don't think it will be relevent for the DAC19.

But many of us that own the DAC19 also own other Audio-gd gear. I just wanted to mention this just in case. 

I may be purchasing another piece of gear from Audio-gd in the near future. I love their products :D

I have certainly become impressed after buying a head-fier's mint Dac-19…. I suspect an NFB-1Amp will enter the scene in the next six months or so. Either that or I go the route you did and just hit the top end of the line. I'll get a listen to a master 7 Dac again if possible. That will help me decide.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #519 of 1,962
I have certainly become impressed after buying a head-fier's mint Dac-19…. I suspect an NFB-1Amp will enter the scene in the next six months or so. Either that or I go the route you did and just hit the top end of the line. I'll get a listen to a master 7 Dac again if possible. That will help me decide.

Hopefully paired with the master 9? The raw power of the m9 is the same in the m11. Whoa!

But yea, join the m11 thread or read up what people are saying in there :)

Oh wait, here it's happening again! I'm influencing you to open your wallet again!

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #520 of 1,962
Hopefully paired with the master 9? The raw power of the m9 is the same in the m11. Whoa!

But yea, join the m11 thread or read up what people are saying in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh wait, here it's happening again! I'm influencing you to open your wallet again!

Hah!  Make me thirsty and lead me to water....

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #521 of 1,962
Awesome!

Audio-GD emailed me to say they're shipping my unit to HongKong DHL tomorrow and will send the tracking info when it arrives there. I gotta say that's crazy service. :)

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #523 of 1,962
You know that feeling when new gear is on its way and you start questioning your purchase, wondering if it'll really make difference or if you just blew a wad on something because, well, you're an addict? That's where I am right now!

Quick someone tell me the DAC-19 is awesome! :D

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #524 of 1,962
You know that feeling when new gear is on its way and you start questioning your purchase, wondering if it'll really make difference or if you just blew a wad on something because, well, you're an addict? That's where I am right now!

Quick someone tell me the DAC-19 is awesome!
biggrin.gif

You will absolutely notice a difference from the HA-1.  It's not subtle.  

Whether you find it to be a preferable sound, I can't say.  But you'll certainly notice the changes.

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #525 of 1,962
You will absolutely notice a difference from the HA-1.  It's not subtle.  

Whether you find it to be a preferable sound, I can't say.  But you'll certainly notice the changes.

Right on cue! Thanks Stillhart. As long as there are no glaring faults with the sound (which it doesn't seem like there are) then that's all I need to know. Just in waiting mode right now...... I go through this with every order I need to wait for shipping, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back