New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition]
Aug 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #528 of 1,962
^^ It's very nice. ^^

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #529 of 1,962
Going to throw some Richard Thompson on first thing on arrival, have a listen, burn it in for ~100 hours, and then play again.

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HON1mt65m8k[/VIDEO]

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #530 of 1,962
Going to throw some Richard Thompson on first thing on arrival, have a listen, burn it in for ~100 hours, and then play again.

On this track with HydraxI2S>M7>ACSS>M9>HD800balanced. There's lots of room reverberation in the background as I can hear the guitar sound reflecting off the room(it sounds like this: Twig, twanngggggggggggggggggg). It's as if time slowed down and every pick of the guitar feels like forever, even if this is youtube quality, it doesn't sound like it's a recorded video, but more like a live gig sound.

Now this track blew me away:

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #531 of 1,962
Sounds great! But this is with your M7 to the M9....... That was my initial intention but, well, I chickened out. If the DAC-19(10th Anv) can get close to the M7 (it's supposed to be the same DSP) I think I'll be happy.

I had to seek that album out because I'd heard about the quality. I can hear him shuffling in his chair and knock the body of his guitar a couple times in that track on the CD rip, but through the HA-1 it just seems like different recorded sounds. Lots of detail but I feel I'm missing some soul lately. Can't wait to hear it through the DAC-19. Thanks for the impressions on the YouTube video.

:beerchug:

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #532 of 1,962

On this track with HydraxI2S>M7>ACSS>M9>HD800balanced. There's lots of room reverberation in the background as I can hear the guitar sound reflecting off the room(it sounds like this: Twig, twanngggggggggggggggggg). It's as if time slowed down and every pick of the guitar feels like forever, even if this is youtube quality, it doesn't sound like it's a recorded video, but more like a live gig sound.

Now this track blew me away:

This is really good evillamer. Thanks for sharing!​

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #533 of 1,962
Another HA-1 user chiming in. Just placed my order for the DAC-19 with the Amanero upgrade! Now the wait begins... 

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #534 of 1,962
  Another HA-1 user chiming in. Just placed my order for the DAC-19 with the Amanero upgrade! Now the wait begins... 

what amp will you be using? the HA1?

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #535 of 1,962
  what amp will you be using? the HA1?

You, Stillhart, ammeford and lukeap69 have been very influential in this decision with your PMs and posts (I inquired to purchase your DAC-19)! :D

I have the Gustard H10 and of course the amp on the HA-1, so going to try with both. I believe ammeford is using the Violectric V220 which is similar to the V200 and Gustard H10, and he likes the combo. Im hoping for a similar outcome.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #536 of 1,962

You, Stillhart, ammeford and lukeap69 have been very influential in this decision with your PMs and posts (I inquired to purchase your DAC-19)! :D

I have the Gustard H10 and of course the amp on the HA-1, so going to try with both. I believe ammeford is using the Violectric V220 which is similar to the V200 and Gustard H10, and he likes the combo. Im hoping for a similar outcome.

No, I'm using the HA-1 amp section right now.  I'll have the Liquid Carbon at some point, whenever they ship.  I am contemplating the Audio-GD NFB-1Amp for a matched stack with the DAC-19.  I suspect I will end up with the NFB-1Amp at some point for aesthetics at least, and to check out an Audio-GD mid level amp, and to try out the ACSS connection.  Plus, I'm kind of heading toward needing a preamp.  I really need to stop buying electronics and get the Ether.  Or wait on the Ether.  I haven't heard rumors, but I've heard rumblings of the rumor mill starting regarding secret headphone projects.....  Hmmmm.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #537 of 1,962
I'm in the same position aamefford. Might get the NFB-1Amp and sell the HA-1, time will tell. Mostly curious to utilize the ACSS from the DAC-19, which I don't even have yet (expected delivery on Monday - can't even get those shipping times within Canada!)

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #538 of 1,962

Very nice mate. I think your 560, H10 & (soon) DAC-19 will make a winning combo! Gotta hear this setup soon... We need to convince @Koolpep to join the R2R craze.  ​

Aug 8, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #539 of 1,962
What is the advantange of acss over rca?

Very nice mate. I think your 560, H10 & (soon) DAC-19 will make a winning combo! Gotta hear this setup soon... We need to convince @Koolpep
 to join the R2R craze.  

Yeah once i get and am convinced myself :)

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #540 of 1,962
What is the advantange of acss over rca?

From the Audio-GD website:

" The DAC-19 ( 10th Anniversary Edition ) is a fully discrete design. Applies the 2 Pieces Expensive high-end grade PCM1704UK which can support up to 32 Bit / 192KHz through USB / I2S input . The SPDIF input support up to 96K / 24 BIT because we had applied the best sound SPDIF receiver DIR9001 .
Different to other PCM1704UK designs , we applied Non-feedback ACSS analog stages. The PCM1704UK feed to the ACSS analog stages without any OPAs and couple caps so it can avoid sound coloration .

The ACSS is a non-feedback technology made with fully discrete amplifiers. Most people know the global feedback design can offer better specs in test measurements, and classic non-feedback can't do well in test measurements but can offer better sound for the human's ears. Here is a conflict of the classic circuits. But the ACSS opens a new field, it can offer a least coloration sound which is more neutral with very low distortion and high linearity. So it can retain the dynamics, detail and neutral sound but not sound bright or harsh.
The ACSS circuit naturally working in current model and have design current input , it can transfer the PCM1704UK current signal to output and implement the I/V conversion in current model in one ACSS amp . And this ACSS amp only have one current gain stage , the PCM1704UK output signal only through one stage can arrive the output stages .
The shortest signal journey can reproduce the best detail and dynamic, and almost without sound coloration , It can show the real performance of the PCM1704UK ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back