New Audeze LCD3
Dec 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #6,841 of 11,521
Quote:
That's crazy Armaegis
Customs stickers look like it was inspected too
Did you get charged any tax on it by Canadapost, just to rub salt in the wound

Yup. Nothing like that sinking feeling of having to pay money for something with a hole in it, not knowing if the contents are intact or not. 

Does Canadapost generally have a bad reputation for damaging packages, or is this a pretty isolated incident?

They're generally pretty good. Most of the packages I receive are in good shape. Trying to make an insurance claim with them is another matter, but that's the same no matter who the carrier. 

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #6,842 of 11,521
Quote:
certainly not a fun situation to send them back for replacement especially if you pay alot of customs each time you have a package(i paid $200 taxes when i received my lcd2 back then).

Of course you don't have to pay customs for RMA'ing things. You need to declare it as such when you are shipping it out (keep the document as proof). RMA'd things are usually declared by sender as "$0" anyway. I would assume this is the same anywhere in the world.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #6,843 of 11,521
Quote:

While it wasn't an LCD3, this was a parcel of mine containing an ortho that likewise did not survive canadapost...
Looked like they put a forklift through it then taped it back up and hoped I wouldn't notice. 

Wow, pretty bad... but at least there was still something inside. I once had the US Postal service hand me 2/3rds of a cardboard box. Yes, just the cardboard, not the out-of-print books that were supposed to be in there
eek.gif
. The guy even kept a straight face. On the other hand, I saw a UPS guy chuck a package over our 6ft wall/fence at the old place, onto the lawn at least, before I could even get to the door...

After years of shipping, I'm still amazed at the rather high percentage of packages that do arrive, undamaged...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #6,844 of 11,521
I know the feeling Grump
I once had the post arrive with my package and contents held together with packing tape, after Customs had sliced up my return package with a box cutter. I still remember this guy standing there asking me to pay taxes and duties on three complimentary magazines they'd managed to slice up along with my own Ektachromes originals. I must have looked pretty red that day 
mad.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #6,845 of 11,521
Got some new LCD3s delivered Xmas eve.. impressive SQ however right side intermittently cuts in and out 
confused_face_2.gif
  <face palm>.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #6,847 of 11,521
Quote:
Got some new LCD3s delivered Xmas eve.. impressive SQ however right side intermittently cuts in and out 
confused_face_2.gif
  <face palm>.

Ouch. Did you try the usual things, like swapping the cables' left & right, trying a different amp/source etc.? Just to narrow down if it's really the drivers?

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #6,848 of 11,521
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif
  <face palm>.

Needs to be RMA'd.
I had the exact same problem and Audeze resolved it very quickly. 

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #6,849 of 11,521
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif
  <face palm>.

Oh mate, I feel sorry for you. I know how long you've been contemplating back 'n forth between the SR-009 & the LCD-3s amongst others. Who did you buy it off in the end? Headphonic or straight from Audeze? If it's Audeze I hope they pay for shipment to 'n fro.

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #6,850 of 11,521
Quote:

Oh mate, I feel sorry for you. I know how long you've been contemplating back 'n forth between the SR-009 & the LCD-3s amongst others. Who did you buy it off in the end? Headphonic or straight from Audeze? If it's Audeze I hope they pay for shipment to 'n fro.

Yep I am annoyed especially over the Xmas break as Im going OS and will have to organise them after I come back. I thought the quality issues were well and truly ironed out by now but obviously not.

I bought them from ALO 

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #6,851 of 11,521
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch. Did you try the usual things, like swapping the cables' left & right, trying a different amp/source etc.? Just to narrow down if it's really the drivers?

Still working through that - have tried my desktop rig and then my transportable rig and its still happening as well

The saving grace is that to my ears and for my style of listening/music they sound fricken awesome. Im pretty impressed with Audirvana + with 24/96 FLACs MBA>-dB>RX3B but Single Ended

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #6,852 of 11,521
I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to talk to ALO about it?
They might do a replacement vs. you sending to Audeze for RMA repair
Definitely Audeze should be paying for the shipping costs to fix these quality control issues on brand new phones
I know exactly how you must feel about it ... too well 
frown.gif

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #6,853 of 11,521
Still worng through that - have tried my desktop rig and then my transportable rig and its still happening as well

The saving grace is that to my ears and for my style of listening/music they sound fricken awesome. Im pretty impressed with Audirvana + with 24/96 FLACs MBA>-dB>RX3B but Single Ended

Tried swapping R and L on the headphone cable to make sure it is not the headphone cable that has a breakage?

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #6,854 of 11,521
New headphone for Christmas and then something like this... .

I'm also thinking of purchasing the LCD-3's around March.

Some guys pointed out it would be best to buy from Audeze directly because you never know how fresh the stock is at all the retailers. Or explicitly ask for a LCD-3 with a recent manufacturing date when purchasing them from a dealer.

I think I'll buy them at HeadRoom.

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #6,855 of 11,521
Quote:
Still working through that - have tried my desktop rig and then my transportable rig and its still happening as well

It's neat that you can see the 'grace' in this. I hope it get's resolved to your satisfaction and ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back