New Audeze LCD3
Dec 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #6,826 of 11,521
Quote:
In my house it does not count as opening your present early if you are only burning them in.

Want a house guest? 
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #6,830 of 11,521
^^ are u sure ? It looks like a burn for me.solder iron maybe?the black color on the right doesn't suggest it was damaged because of a shock. Not the hole either.ill be very surprised if it was damaged that way from careless handling.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #6,831 of 11,521
I agree ardilla, it might have only only taken one big jolt. The yoke had popped right out of the hole onto the pad, indenting and scuffing the leather.
I think the black that midoo1990 noticed is just some paint or rubbing where the yoke used to be.
It also broke off a nice little chunk of the wood, so the yolk bushing wobbles in the newly enlarged hole.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #6,832 of 11,521
Quote:
^^ are u sure ? It looks like a burn for me.solder iron maybe?the black color on the right doesn't suggest it was damaged because of a shock. Not the hole either.ill be very surprised if it was damaged that way from careless handling.

The holes are supposed to be there. The black is just from the metal plug/screw thingy (which is removedin the pic). I have a hard time visualizing Canada Post opening boxes and soldering wooden headphones in hidden places just for the heck of it

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6d/6dcfae4c_lcd2-8.jpg

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #6,833 of 11,521
Quote:
I'll have to live vicariously through you guys
Mine arrived busted inside the undamaged travel case
Makes you wonder what CanadaPost did between HeadphoneBar and my front door ...

While it wasn't an LCD3, this was a parcel of mine containing an ortho that likewise did not survive canadapost...

900x900px-LL-311e79b0_9baab455_IMG_4860.JPG

Looked like they put a forklift through it then taped it back up and hoped I wouldn't notice. 

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #6,835 of 11,521
Does Canadapost generally have a bad reputation for damaging packages, or is this a pretty isolated incident?

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #6,836 of 11,521
Isolated.  UPS is pretty rough though.  The headband jumping off isn't common but has happened at least a few dozen times.  Its why the headphones are wrapped before shipping.  Never seen it do more than scratch the wood before though.

Box could be drop kicked.  Wouldn't matter too much since the travel or wood case is solid.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #6,837 of 11,521
Quote:

The holes are supposed to be there. The black is just from the metal plug/screw thingy (which is removedin the pic). I have a hard time visualizing Canada Post opening boxes and soldering wooden headphones in hidden places just for the heck of it

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6d/6dcfae4c_lcd2-8.jpg

aha,now i see.i didnt visualize it as the headband hole,i thought it was random on the wood. pretty weird though that wood snapped off like that considering the foam surrounding the phones securely and the bubble wrap around the whole package that Audeze supplies. not to mention the headband is really secure..atleast that what was with my lcd2.

certainly not a fun situation to send them back for replacement especially if you pay alot of customs each time you have a package(i paid $200 taxes when i received my lcd2 back then).

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #6,839 of 11,521
You can't get out of paying the HST, but you do avoid extra cross-border shipping and brokerage charges when buying from a Canadian dealer.
Purchasing online in Canada was easy enough, while after sales support is anything but
At this time of year, I think they're neck deep in Schiit ...

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #6,840 of 11,521
Quote:
You can't get out of paying the HST, but you do avoid extra cross-border shipping and brokerage charges when buying from a Canadian dealer.
Purchasing online in Canada was easy enough, while after sales support is anything but
At this time of year, I think they're neck deep in Schiit ...

I do not think you have to pay twice if the situation (damaged and replacement) is explained and proof of paying customs is shown, that's just my thinking though.  Wow, hard to imagine what really happened? Why would a folk lift be used unless it was strapped onto a pallet with other boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back