New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #511 of 2,818
My audio expert friend said he prefers mini design for it has 1 transformer, less chance to have uneven power than 2 transformers in mk2

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #512 of 2,818
Dual power supplies done right will give you much much quieter background.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #515 of 2,818
My audio expert friend said he prefers mini design for it has 1 transformer, less chance to have uneven power than 2 transformers in mk2

The PSU design in the mini and MKII are not of the same design though. The Mini uses the GRLW while the MKII uses Justin’s very own design.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #518 of 2,818
For you guys that now own the mini, comparisons with past amps would be welcome. I am returning my liquid platinum tomorrow with an ultimate eye on this amp. Depending on funds though I might have to make a pit stop at a used ICan Pro.

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #519 of 2,818
Just plugged in my Abyss Phi TC headphones about an hour ago and the GS-X Mini drives them so effortlessly with incredible transparency and clarity! I'm finding this amp a tad warmer than the GS-X MK2 with a bit more heft down low and a tad less shimmer/presence in the treble too. Just a wonderfully balanced and still very ethereal experience! As expected, build construction is what we've come to expect from Justin and HeadAmp - that is to say really top shelf and it's a knock out on my rack!

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #520 of 2,818
Sorry I forgot if anyone has asked this but would the Mini be ok to run with IEMs. I'm looking for something that can run IEMs to hard to drive planars. And seeing your comment its obvious it can drive planars just fine.

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #521 of 2,818
Just plugged in my Abyss Phi TC headphones about an hour ago and the GS-X Mini drives them so effortlessly with incredible transparency and clarity! I'm finding this amp a tad warmer than the GS-X MK2 with a bit more heft down low and a tad less shimmer/presence in the treble too. Just a wonderfully balanced and still very ethereal experience! As expected, build construction is what we've come to expect from Justin and HeadAmp - that is to say really top shelf and it's a knock out on my rack!

Well it was mentioned in the Susvara thread by a couple of posters that the GSX MK2 is already too bright hence a warmer sound than that would be welcome.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #522 of 2,818
Well it was mentioned in the Susvara thread by a couple of posters that the GSX MK2 is already too bright hence a warmer sound than that would be welcome.

If it can drive the Phi TC with such ease, then the Susvara won't be a problem!

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #523 of 2,818
Sorry I forgot if anyone has asked this but would the Mini be ok to run with IEMs. I'm looking for something that can run IEMs to hard to drive planars. And seeing your comment its obvious it can drive planars just fine.

I tried them on the GR10e and Xelento IEMs and on Low Gain, it was dead silent.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #524 of 2,818
the susvara requires a bit more power than the TC but they are in the same ballpark

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #525 of 2,818
I bet very soon someone will ask can mini drive HE6...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back