New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jul 17, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #483 of 2,814
Hypothetically speaking, if you DID have specifications, what would really change? Because at the end of the day, peeps will generally go off of peer reviews; so far the limited number of reviews have been that of absolutely stellar performance over a wide range of headphones. Indications are incredible SQ and a highly capable device which can take a single-ended input and output balanced.

All sound good to me. Fairly reasonable price point for this performance too.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #484 of 2,814
Any official specs? There is none on the website.

It seems like they've been operating at full capacity while pushing these pre-orders out and haven't gotten around to updating the Mini's page as both the Gilmore lite MKII and GSX MKII have a spec page.

Additionally, despite the responses you've gotten from other members, it's perfectly reasonable to desire some objective performance parameters for a brand new dynalo variant (especially at this price point).

I'm curious as well :)

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #485 of 2,814
You don’t need specs, it’s an amazing amp capable of driving most headphones.

Hypothetically speaking, if you DID have specifications, what would really change? Because at the end of the day, peeps will generally go off of peer reviews; so far the limited number of reviews have been that of absolutely stellar performance over a wide range of headphones. Indications are incredible SQ and a highly capable device which can take a single-ended input and output balanced.

All sound good to me. Fairly reasonable price point for this performance too.

It seems like they've been operating at full capacity while pushing these pre-orders out and haven't gotten around to updating the Mini's page as both the Gilmore lite MKII and GSX MKII have a spec page.

Additionally, despite the responses you've gotten from other members, it's perfectly reasonable to desire some objective performance parameters for a brand new dynalo variant (especially at this price point).

I'm curious as well :)

It's good to know what I am buying into since I live in half the world away in Australia.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #486 of 2,814
It's good to know what I am buying into since I live in half the world away in Australia.

And I in the other half, Brazil. Specs pls.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #488 of 2,814
No published specs but I pre-ordered anyway based on recommendations from many, and one in particular that I trust.
I preorder too. But some specs will be nice.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #490 of 2,814
What the hell people :p specs could at least tell you something about its power, I don't understand half the replies here saying 'you don't need specs'.
The GSX Lite has perfectly clear laid-out specifications so why not the Mini?

HeadAmp Gilmore Lite Mk2 Class-A Headphone Amplifier
Electrical
Power Supply Universal 100-240V 50-60Hz AC compatible, IEC inlet
Type Low noise JFET input; Pure Class A bipolar transistor output
Frequency Response 10Hz-90KHz +/-0.2dB
THD+N <0.006%
Total Drive Power Max 1.5W
Gain 7.5X (16.5dB)
Input Impedance 50K ohm
Output Impedance <1 ohm
Line Voltage 100V, 115/120V, 230/240V
Power Consumption 10W
Mechanical
Volume Control Alps Blue Potentiometer
Inputs 2 sets RCA jacks
Outputs 1 6.5mm headphone jack, 1 set RCA active-preamplifier jacks
Dimensions – Amplifier 5.75in [146mm] W x 6.75in [171mm] D x 2in [51mm] H
Shipping Weight 4lb [1.8Kg]

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #491 of 2,814
Yes, that will be coming. Note though that these specs are very limited and can be interpreted in any way, varies depending on how its tested, and therefore can't be compared except in cases where someone has tested a bunch of amps with the same equipment. This amp is fully bipolar transistors using NOS 1980s Japanese (Toshiba) matched pair transistors in the input. Power is about 4W into 50 ohms from the balanced output. Gain level varies with volume level, but it is about equivalent to 3x for low gain and 10x for high gain.

Power consumption is 30W. That's Class A and linear regulated supplies only

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 18, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #494 of 2,814
Yes, that will be coming. Note though that these specs are very limited and can be interpreted in any way, varies depending on how its tested, and therefore can't be compared except in cases where someone has tested a bunch of amps with the same equipment. This amp is fully bipolar transistors using NOS 1980s Japanese (Toshiba) matched pair transistors in the input. Power is about 4W into 50 ohms from the balanced output. Gain level varies with volume level, but it is about equivalent to 3x for low gain and 10x for high gain.

Power consumption is 30W. That's Class A and linear regulated supplies only

That sounds about right to me, which would make the power at 300 ohms at 1 watt (if my math is right). I can't imagine that anyone would be disappointed with the power capabilities with the Mini. Even with hd800 I haven't felt the need to use high gain...or ETHER 2 for that matter. The application of good clean power is one of the hallmarks of the Mini, resulting in better control of the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back