1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by Rhamnetin, Jul 8, 2018.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68
Next

Last
  1. MattTCG
    @justin w. How is the Diana phi? I've not heard that one.

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I'm not Justin obviously, but the Diana Phi are spectacular! I would say that they are between the Diana V2 and Phi TC. They are likely the best small sized / portable-ish headphones I've heard. I have the Diana V2 and Phi TC here and they both pair so very well with the GS-X mini!

MattTCG likes this.
  3. Bonddam
    I can't enjoy my Empyrean after listening to the Diana V2. The Empyrean sound so veiled now even on the GS-X mini. I'm ready to sell the Empyrean and buy the Phi TC. I love the lively sound of the Diana V2. Meze only has bass going for it right now and nice treble. I guess the Empyrean sounds dark to me.

edit: I swapped the pads back to leather on the Empyreans and it's more enjoyable but the Diana still more lively.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. qboogie
    Has anyone had a chance to compare this to Questyle CMA600i -- also known to be a very transparent and powerful balanced amp as well. Wondering if I should upgrade...

5. Hi Rez
    Just passed 4 months since pre-order. Any updates on when "soon" might happen?

klyrish likes this.
  6. klyrish
    I ordered a green one last week and after reading through this thread in its entirety, I have a feeling it's going to be substantially longer of a wait than the product page's quoted "about 3 weeks" :frowning2:

7. MattTCG
    Hang in there, you never know.

klyrish likes this.
  8. justin w. Contributor
    It should not be, we're getting the largest batch yet of circuit boards (all we are waiting for) and the enclosures are sitting here waiting for the boards to go in

I expect we'll have them next week

the only thing we are still waiting on is blue polished panels as we had some issues with that. Red polished panels are here (see the pic in my post about a week ago) and so if you ordered that we'll be sending the invoice soon

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
  9. MattTCG
    See, told ya so. @justin w. Don't forget me on the faceplate we talked about :)

10. vonnie123
    Hi @justin w. How did you like the ACInfinity fan setup for the GSX-mini?

11. Benke
    When will the black matte option show up on your site and when will the satin red option show up? I also would like to see a pic of this red option soon.

12. KESM
    Just wanted to share I’ve started utilizing the GS-X mini as a preamp. I’ve added a Goldpoint switcher into my setup which allows me to tether my turntable & CD player to the GS-X mini via (2) XLR inputs which then run into the balanced input on my main rig amp. The GS-X is a phenomenal pre-amp. I’m using blue jean XLR cables. Maybe it’s a placebo effect...sounds wonderful...so...I’ll still take it! I now have both benefits of owning this HP amp. Those of you waiting; frustrating...but you’ll be justly rewarded when you get it in hand. Justin does awesome work.
    03CA05AD-6608-42D1-AFE7-E535BB2C04C9.jpeg
    4D6611DB-C3DD-4C33-93C9-5B17D977226B.jpeg AA82907E-E9AF-41FD-9919-89FA36D2F0FE.jpeg 4ED17D6C-B86F-4D1E-8EC0-58AFE7A093AA.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  13. daltonlanny

Hi, is your unit matte black?

14. KESM
    Yes it’s matte black.

15. daltonlanny
    Hey Justin,
    Any word yet on the newest batch of circuit boards?
    Thanks.

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68
Next

Last