New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #977 of 2,814
@justin w. How is the Diana phi? I've not heard that one.

I'm not Justin obviously, but the Diana Phi are spectacular! I would say that they are between the Diana V2 and Phi TC. They are likely the best small sized / portable-ish headphones I've heard. I have the Diana V2 and Phi TC here and they both pair so very well with the GS-X mini!

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #978 of 2,814
I'm not Justin obviously, but the Diana Phi are spectacular! I would say that they are between the Diana V2 and Phi TC. They are likely the best small sized / portable-ish headphones I've heard. I have the Diana V2 and Phi TC here and they both pair so very well with the GS-X mini!

I can't enjoy my Empyrean after listening to the Diana V2. The Empyrean sound so veiled now even on the GS-X mini. I'm ready to sell the Empyrean and buy the Phi TC. I love the lively sound of the Diana V2. Meze only has bass going for it right now and nice treble. I guess the Empyrean sounds dark to me.

edit: I swapped the pads back to leather on the Empyreans and it's more enjoyable but the Diana still more lively.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #979 of 2,814
Has anyone had a chance to compare this to Questyle CMA600i -- also known to be a very transparent and powerful balanced amp as well. Wondering if I should upgrade...

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #981 of 2,814
Just passed 4 months since pre-order. Any updates on when "soon" might happen?
I ordered a green one last week and after reading through this thread in its entirety, I have a feeling it's going to be substantially longer of a wait than the product page's quoted "about 3 weeks" :frowning2:

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #983 of 2,814
It should not be, we're getting the largest batch yet of circuit boards (all we are waiting for) and the enclosures are sitting here waiting for the boards to go in

I expect we'll have them next week

the only thing we are still waiting on is blue polished panels as we had some issues with that. Red polished panels are here (see the pic in my post about a week ago) and so if you ordered that we'll be sending the invoice soon

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #984 of 2,814
It should not be, we're getting the largest batch yet of circuit boards (all we are waiting for) and the enclosures are sitting here waiting for the boards to go in

the only thing we are still waiting on is blue polished panels as we had some issues with that. Red polished panels are here (see the pic in my post about a week ago) and so if you ordered that we'll be sending the invoice soon

See, told ya so. @justin w. Don't forget me on the faceplate we talked about :)

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #985 of 2,814

Hi @justin w. How did you like the ACInfinity fan setup for the GSX-mini?

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #987 of 2,814
Just wanted to share I’ve started utilizing the GS-X mini as a preamp. I’ve added a Goldpoint switcher into my setup which allows me to tether my turntable & CD player to the GS-X mini via (2) XLR inputs which then run into the balanced input on my main rig amp. The GS-X is a phenomenal pre-amp. I’m using blue jean XLR cables. Maybe it’s a placebo effect...sounds wonderful...so...I’ll still take it! I now have both benefits of owning this HP amp. Those of you waiting; frustrating...but you’ll be justly rewarded when you get it in hand. Justin does awesome work.
03CA05AD-6608-42D1-AFE7-E535BB2C04C9.jpeg
4D6611DB-C3DD-4C33-93C9-5B17D977226B.jpeg AA82907E-E9AF-41FD-9919-89FA36D2F0FE.jpeg 4ED17D6C-B86F-4D1E-8EC0-58AFE7A093AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #988 of 2,814
Just wanted to share I’ve started utilizing the GS-X mini as a preamp. I’ve added a Goldpoint switcher into my setup which allows me to tether my turntable & CD player to the GS-X mini as XLR inputs which then run into the balanced input on my main rig amp. The GS-X is a phenomenal pre-amp. I’m using blue jean XLR cables. Maybe it’s a placebo effect...sounds wonderful...so...I’ll still take it! I now have both benefits of owning this HP amp. Those of you waiting; frustrating...but you’ll be justly rewarded when you get it hand. Justin does awesome work.

Hi, is your unit matte black?

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #990 of 2,814
Hey Justin,
Any word yet on the newest batch of circuit boards?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back