New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #226 of 2,800
At CanJam NYC the Nimbus was in the same private room as HeadAmp in the Mr Speakers booth. I brought my Utopia/Axios cable and heard a HugoTT2/Nimbus and then swung my chair to the other side of the room and demoed the GSXMini/Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

The HeadAmp guys know how to put systems together.
Enough said.
Thanks, but it would be nice to hear both amp impressions from the same dac.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #227 of 2,800
Thanks, but it would be nice to hear both amp impressions from the same dac.

Theoretically the TT2 is one of the most hyped DAC's on Headfi at the moment.
The point I was trying to make was that I did not particularly care for the Nimbus

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #228 of 2,800
Theoretically the TT2 is one of the most hyped DAC's on Headfi at the moment.
The point I was trying to make was that I did not particularly care for the Nimbus
Ye i know, but different interconnects maybe even synergy would be better with Mytek.
Honestly thats great if Mini so good.
Headamp should make a deal with European Dealers it would sell well in Europe i think. Like Schiit have dealer here in Europe.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #229 of 2,800
You will regret if you dont buy Mk2 after some time...

I think he should not worry about the mini. I be more worry about the MK2. Arent their known issues with the MK2? Like you not suppose to stack them. They will generate this buzz noise or hiss? Not sure if these issues are corrected or not? So, I rather go with the new improve gsx model. Plus, the Gsx-mini has a new power supply thats better than the outdated MK2 and a better form factor.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #230 of 2,800
I think he should not worry about the mini. I be more worry about the MK2. Arent their known issues with the MK2? Like you not suppose to stack them. They will generate this buzz noise or hiss? Not sure if these issues are corrected or not? So, I rather go with the new improve gsx model. Plus, the Gsx-mini has a new power supply thats better than the outdated MK2 and a better form factor.
Didnt heard about noise or hiss anywhere about Mk2. Well if it perform better while being cheaper then why Justin didnt update Mk2?

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #231 of 2,800
Didnt heard about noise or hiss anywhere about Mk2. Well if it perform better while being cheaper then why Justin didnt update Mk2?

My hunch is GSX-MK3 is around the corner

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #232 of 2,800

I have never heard the mini, but my guess is that it will be wonderful.

As far as stacking the GS-X mk2....it is not recommended that you do this...due to my desk space I stack mine and have never heard any back round noise on any of my headphones, regardless of using low/medium/high gain.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #233 of 2,800
46780708314_d2df99c9b1_b.jpg

At CanJam Singapore. A beauty.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #236 of 2,800
I am very tempted to swap my CMA600i for the GSX Mini. I hope there will be a European (UK) distributor soon. I could order from the USA, but the tax, VAT and custom fees are horrendous (app. 25%) so that holds me back for now.
You should, the Mini should be on another level.

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #238 of 2,800
Exactly

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #239 of 2,800
Apr 1, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #240 of 2,800
Just dust the top every few days
Right?! I mean it's at a show too. I'm not sure how one would see the ventilation attracting dust and "other nasty stuff" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back