1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by Rhamnetin, Jul 8, 2018.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. Arniesb
    i dont know, but if i would buy Mini i would think later: What if?
    For single ended its no brainer ofcourse, but most of the good dacs have balanced except what? Qutest?
    Maybe wait comparison against mk2.

2. buzzlulu
    Sorry however living primarily in the two channel world I subscribe to a completely different concept of system building than you are suggesting.

You can have the best amp in the world - if you SOURCE sucks (ie DAC) then the best amp in the world does you no good. You are simply amplifying a low quality source.

Best spending the largest portion of your budget on your source. The rest follows.
    Too many on Headfi simply don't get this fact.

klyrish and commtrd like this.
  3. buzzlulu
    I believe mini accepts balanced as well

4. Arniesb
    +1 great amp just gonna highlight cheap dac limitations like Noisy power supplies, noisy usb implementation, lack of dynamics and more.

5. buzzlulu
    Bingo!

6. Arniesb
    I just think Mini advantage over mk2 is that it can give balanced output from single ended sources which is mostly important for Qutest, 2qute owners.
    Personally i would like to hear comparison between mini, mk2 and Niimbus Us4

ksorota likes this.
  7. ksorota
    I also like the fact that the mini creates balanced from single in. Currently using a chord 2qute for DAC and didn' plan on changing it any time soon.

8. Icenine2
    I would read what Justin has to say about the mini and LISTEN to one. My gut says it’s every bit as good. I should get a chance to listen to one in a few weeks

9. Mrstump5
    Id like to see a comparison between bryston bha-1 and gsx mini. My discord group loves the bha-1

10. purk Contributor
    I would get the GSX MK2 if you want to bring out the very best performance from Orthos. The Mini should do really well at driving those Orthos but the GSX MKii should be even better. Form factor on the Mini is a winner IMO.

11. Icenine2
    Why?

12. purk Contributor
    I based my experience with the HEK V2. It sounds best with the GSX MK2 compared to an amplifier of similar design but with less available power on tap.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    MattTCG likes this.
  13. buzzlulu
    At CanJam NYC the Nimbus was in the same private room as HeadAmp in the Mr Speakers booth. I brought my Utopia/Axios cable and heard a HugoTT2/Nimbus and then swung my chair to the other side of the room and demoed the GSXMini/Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

The HeadAmp guys know how to put systems together.
    Enough said.

commtrd and Arniesb like this.
  14. buzzlulu
    At CanJam NY Peter told me the Mini has some new improvements in the power supply and felt it would stand up quite well to its big brother

15. purk Contributor
    Yes, the power supply is based on the Golden Reference Low Voltage. Wonder when Justin will use this same PSU in a dual mono configuration in the GSX MKii.

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last