New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
May 28, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,071 of 2,819
Differences were NOT “small”. If he can’t tell the difference, what does it say about his competence? I can think of only one thing in his defense. He might be overwhelmed with crap he agrees to review. And rushing those reviews out the door is showing. I mean…… he reviews LED bulbs and toilet bidet for Christ sake!
On top of all that, he does his unboxing channel and cooking channel. SMH/LMAO. 🤣

tenor.gif

May 28, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,072 of 2,819
Differences were NOT “small”. If he can’t tell the difference, what does it say about his competence? I can think of only one thing in his defense. He might be overwhelmed with crap he agrees to review. And rushing those reviews out the door is showing. I mean…… he reviews LED bulbs and toilet bidet for Christ sake!
On top of all that, he does his unboxing channel and cooking channel. SMH/LMAO. 🤣
I skipped the bidet review :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 28, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,073 of 2,819
May 28, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #2,074 of 2,819
I bought the Singxer SA-1 after watching Zeos' review on it. I mean, I also purchased the Topping D90 and A90 after hearing Zeos' review on them. I even purchased the pegasus r2r dac after his review (the dac I used to test the gsx and sa-1). I really do like the pegasus r2r dac. But again, I feel he undersold the holo may dac and upsold the pegasus dac. I see a pattern of upeslling from Zeos. I have been and continue to be a frequent viewer of his content so I don't want people to think I'm just bashing him, but at the end of the day, it seems like he has a vested interested in selling some products over others.

May 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #2,075 of 2,819
A lot of reviewers do the affiliate links… I honestly don’t think it’s nefarious like that. I think he genuinely couldn’t tell the difference.
I could hear a difference within a few hours of listening. If Zeos really can't tell the difference between the gs-x mini and the singxer sa-1, that's alarming.

May 30, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,078 of 2,819
I've always found Zeos entertaining, but I put only a little stock in his opinions on a product if I'm seriously evaluating it. I've watched or listened to enough of his reviews to know he's all over the place with his opinions and has no firm review methodology. His shtick is reviews-as-entertainment rather than reviews-as-critical-evaluation. And that's great. He's good at it, his style sets him apart, and it's made his channel probably the largest audio focused channel on Youtube.

I like to turn mine off while not using it.
I do the same.

May 30, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,079 of 2,819
I've always found Zeos entertaining, but I put only a little stock in his opinions on a product if I'm seriously evaluating it. I've watched or listened to enough of his reviews to know he's all over the place with his opinions and has no firm review methodology. His shtick is reviews-as-entertainment rather than reviews-as-critical-evaluation. And that's great. He's good at it, his style sets him apart, and it's made his channel probably the largest audio focused channel on Youtube.

I do the same.
Yeah, I still watch his new content. I've learned to watch his content with a grain of salt. But if nothing else, it is entertaining.

May 30, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #2,080 of 2,819
On a lighter note, do you guys leave the power on continuously? I do have two ac infinity fans, one below and one on top, in case it gets too hot.
I turn mine off when not in use, or if I’m going to use it throughout the day, I’ll turn on in the morning and off at night.

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #2,085 of 2,819
Anyone else have the dact 24 step attenuator? Do you guys have static and distortion when you turn the volume knob while music is playing? I've been getting that from the start and want to know if that's normal for this type of volume control. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back