New AKG line
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #33 of 422
Edit: Nevermind
Edit 2: Shot them an email just to see what they say.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #36 of 422
I'm curious if there is a difference in sound signature compared to regular K701/2's.  Time will tell.  If I had known the Q's were coming out I would have waited, I just got my K701's 2 weeks ago.  I'm a sucker for special edition stuff. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #37 of 422

Quote:
I get why Quincy backs the K701 - he gets paid for it.  But what about all the other 701 backers/fanatics - what's their excuse?

Different strokes for different folks.

Hopefully they changed up the sound signature a bit... But I'm not holding my breath! On a side note, I like the aesthetics.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #38 of 422
Seems like they put a lot of thought/effort into the marketing look and feel of this; looks like they are definitely gunning for Monster here.  I almost feel kind of insulted as a head-fi'er though, after all this time of waiting and hoping, they announce THIS?  I'm pretty certain that hungry head-fi'ers were not their key target demographic for this line.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #39 of 422
While I agree that it would be nice to have a new AKG flagship (and hopefully a price realignment for the rest of them to make em more affordable!), that black Q701 looks GORGEOUS!

Especially with the green cable. Almost like one of those sleeper uberfast cars... sleek black sedan on the outside, pumping NOS-filled monster on the inside.

I'd buy it just for the looks!

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #40 of 422
I'm very disappointed: when a serious audio company says that they have something new they should do more than relaunch the same thing with new colors. They could even name it "Beethoven edition", but it looks 100% just like a K702.

Com on AKG!!!! Both Beyer and Sennheiser are pushing hard with fresh new things. Do something!!! (and not too expensive, please 8P)

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #41 of 422
Response from AKG on Facbook about the comments about the Q line.

"Good questions/comments everyone. To answer your questions on the what's unique about the new Quincy Signature Line, we'd like to let you know that Quincy Jones himself worked with us to design a headphone that made aesthetic changes to ref...lect more of his personal touch. The models come in black, white (with lime green accents) and a proprietary lime green color only available within the Signature Line. Also, the 330s and the 460s will feature an inline microphone that will work with mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry and a remote control (only compatible with iPhones) to play, pause and skip through music so that people can still have a quality sound experience for lifestyles that are increasingly more mobile and on the go."

sooo it is just the looks....

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #42 of 422
Quote:
I'm very disappointed: when a serious audio company says that they have something new they should do more than relaunch the same thing with new colors. They could even name it "Beethoven edition", but it looks 100% just like a K702.

Com on AKG!!!! Both Beyer and Sennheiser are pushing hard with fresh new things. Do something!!! (and not too expensive, please 8P)

Haha Nvidia got away with this for years, companies will do what they want regardless of what they should.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #43 of 422

Quote:
Response from AKG on Facbook about the comments about the Q line.

"Good questions/comments everyone. To answer your questions on the what's unique about the new Quincy Signature Line, we'd like to let you know that Quincy Jones himself worked with us to design a headphone that made aesthetic changes to ref...lect more of his personal touch. The models come in black, white (with lime green accents) and a proprietary lime green color only available within the Signature Line. Also, the 330s and the 460s will feature an inline microphone that will work with mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry and a remote control (only compatible with iPhones) to play, pause and skip through music so that people can still have a quality sound experience for lifestyles that are increasingly more mobile and on the go."

sooo it is just the looks....

Should just about put the nail in the coffin for AKG rep around these parts.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #45 of 422

Quote:
I get why Quincy backs the K701 - he gets paid for it.  But what about all the other 701 backers/fanatics - what's their excuse?

Duh.

Great sound.

And what the hell is wrong with you whining people anyway? What's the big problem with a company repackaging and remarketing a great headphone? I'd rather see that than bringing out another overengineered, overpriced product like the HD800 or T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back