New AKG line
Sep 2, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #16 of 422
It just goes to show that they are more interested in the bottom line in selling mid priced phones. They really is little interest in flagship. With Harmon involved it was inevitable. Going for the bottom line instead of a truly unique product. They can sell many more mid and low priced units as wwe must admit to ourself we are less than one percent of headcan users in the world. Sorry situation and guess enjoy what is out there.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 422
Quote:
It just goes to show that they are more interested in the bottom line in selling mid priced phones. They really is little interest in flagship. With Harmon involved it was inevitable. Going for the bottom line instead of a truly unique product. They can sell many more mid and low priced units as wwe must admit to ourself we are less than one percent of headcan users in the world. Sorry situation and guess enjoy what is out there.

bingo.  very spot on, frank.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #18 of 422
I wonder why we are all so quick to assume that the Q701 will not feature an improved driver and/or other adjustments that will make it worth purchasing over the K701/702's? I guess this has something to do with the fact that the K702's - the last major upgrade - were, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to the K701's. However, looking back a bit, it appears that all of the circumaural AKG's share the same general design. Fingers crossed that they have given more thought to adjusting the innards than to the 'mildly' tweaked chassis and cable. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #19 of 422

Quote:
I wonder why we are all so quick to assume that the Q701 will not feature an improved driver and/or other adjustments that will make it worth purchasing over the K701/702's? I guess this has something to do with the fact that the K702's - the last major upgrade - were, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to the K701's. However, looking back a bit, it appears that all of the circumaural AKG's share the same general design. Fingers crossed that they have given more thought to adjusting the innards than to the 'mildly' tweaked chassis and cable. 

Because they spent their R&D budget on Quincy?

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #21 of 422

Quote:

because akg numbered their new headphones 701 again.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #22 of 422
Soooo? Where's the Q1000????? 

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #23 of 422
Quote:
because akg numbered their new headphones 701 again.

And that it uses the exact same housing, has the same specs, uses the same marketing language in its description like "revolutionary flat-wire voice coil", "patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm", "unique '3D-Form' ear pads".

People probably assume it's the same because the only thing different is the paint job.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #26 of 422
AKG does state as follows on their website,

"Now, we've engineered it into the most accurate and responsive reference headphones we've ever produced."

Maybe they have made some changes.. Maybe improved efficiency. But that is a very bold statement to make if they are just rebranding the K701.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #29 of 422
dt880smile.png

Quote:
Soooo? Where's the Q1000????? 

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #30 of 422
Neon green headphones???

1282420070081.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back