New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
May 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #151 of 517
Quote:
This is head-fi. you think we make judgements and opinions on things we have experienced first hand?

There are certain patterns in the world.  Only an idiot would have to experience everything first hand to form an opinion.  I never said these don't sound good.  I never made specific claims.  I was talking about general patterns.  Which exist, whether you like it or not.  Or whether you feel the need to listen to 500 pairs of schitty celebrity headphones before you notice a pattern. 

May 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #153 of 517
Quote:
There are certain patterns in the world.  Only an idiot would have to experience everything first hand to form an opinion.  I never said these don't sound good.  I never made specific claims.  I was talking about general patterns.  Which exist, whether you like it or not.  Or whether you feel the need to listen to 500 pairs of schitty celebrity headphones before you notice a pattern. 

I don't think any argues with you on that. But assuming anyone that disagrees with your particular pattern observation is a hyped-up consumer looking for a new toy to get a rush was over-generalizing at least. I'm glad AKG woke up from their slumber and are actually releasing something with a different crowd in mine, even though I couldn't care less about who endorses these headphones.

May 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #154 of 517
Musubi said himself that many/most of his requirements for headphones are based on things you can see from pictures.  I think he should just go to Best Buy and get whatever is shiniest. 

I wasn't generalizing.  Someone was questioning the negative posts in this thread when no one had heard them yet.  I was pointing out that you don't need to hear them to comment on the bigger picture these are a part of. And that excitement about these phones is not realistic, and I'm tired of companies being able to churn out garbage headphone after garbage headphone and head-fiers so easily falling for it because of the new shiny plastic housing, and giving them free advertising by building up even more hype.  How long do you keep giving them the benefit of the doubt?  How many insultingly terrible headphones does Ultrasone have to make before people stop getting swayed by rare earth headbands?

Make them release good headphones.  Don't just fawn over stuff and build up hype with nothing but some marketing BS and pictures. 

May 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #156 of 517
It's obvious AKG is going in the other direction (fashion headphones / marketing). I'm sure some of you may know about the K3003 jewelry ad.

May 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #157 of 517
Quote:

Your saying, all celebrity headphones are schiit.....Thus far that may be the case spare for the Tony Bennett's...but it he really a celebrity now? However that's still an idiotic generalization to make. Yea, it's a marketing ploy; that doesn't mean it has to suck. Various company's market headphones as "the worlds best" that doesn't mean they are; how ever that still may be very good.

May 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #158 of 517
Musubi said himself that many/most of his requirements for headphones are based on things you can see from pictures.  I think he should just go to Best Buy and get whatever is shiniest. 

I wasn't generalizing.  Someone was questioning the negative posts in this thread when no one had heard them yet.  I was pointing out that you don't need to hear them to comment on the bigger picture these are a part of. And that excitement about these phones is not realistic, and I'm tired of companies being able to churn out garbage headphone after garbage headphone and head-fiers so easily falling for it because of the new shiny plastic housing, and giving them free advertising by building up even more hype.  How long do you keep giving them the benefit of the doubt?  How many insultingly terrible headphones does Ultrasone have to make before people stop getting swayed by rare earth headbands?

Make them release good headphones.  Don't just fawn over stuff and build up hype with nothing but some marketing BS and pictures. 

Yo I never said that at all. I told you not to answer for me once before. Knock it off You don't know me. You're not omnipotent. You have no clue as to what I want and expect from a headphone. Don't even assume you know anything based on what patterns?I've told you 3 times already Quit wasting everyone's time. Your opinions are so biased and poorly disguised pompous nonsense looking for some kind of recognition and validation. Quite embarrassing if you look at it from this side.

May 17, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #160 of 517
Quote:
Yo I never said that at all. I told you not to answer for me once before. Knock it off You don't know me. You're not omnipotent. You have no clue as to what I want and expect from a headphone. Don't even assume you know anything based on what patterns?I've told you 3 times already Quit wasting everyone's time. Your opinions are so biased and poorly disguised pompous nonsense looking for some kind of recognition and validation. Quite embarrassing if you look at it from this side.

I have to disagree as well. There are patterns withing anything, we just give them more or less importance. When a rapper or a DJ endorses a pair of headphones we can make assumptions, and we can be wrong or right. These assumptions are based on previous experience: all the beats headphones I ever tried sucked. People report that the Ludacris Soul headphones were decent, but not worth their price tag at all. So when I hear AKG is releasing a pair of Tiësto headphones, my experience makes me think "meh these probably won't be all that great". I hope I'm wrong though.

May 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #161 of 517
I have to disagree as well. There are patterns withing anything, we just give them more or less importance. When a rapper or a DJ endorses a pair of headphones we can make assumptions, and we can be wrong or right. These assumptions are based on previous experience: all the beats headphones I ever tried sucked. People report that the Ludacris Soul headphones were decent, but not worth their price tag at all. So when I hear AKG is releasing a pair of Tiësto headphones, my experience makes me think "meh these probably won't be all that great". I hope I'm wrong though.
+1

gotta say though, reading anything in this thread that's not directly related to a new model of AKG headphone endorsed by Tiesto is getting increasingly tiresome, even when it's decently valid.

May 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #162 of 517
I think this is pretty good...may make all the beats fans realise they got mugged off if they are half decent! 

May 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #164 of 517
Quote:
For all intents and purposes, these are essentially the first real response to the Beats by a decent audio company.

Not true.  That would be the V-Moda M-80.

May 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #165 of 517
Wonder what these are going to sound like..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back