New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
May 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #167 of 517
I like how they look. Though AKGs tends to sound non-mainstream, nothing wrong with branching out and giving us something different for the EDM crowd. I have faith that they'll give us a fun-sounding headphone without it sounding like utter crap. Denon gives us fun-sounding headphones that Head-fi as a whole love, but if another company tries it, it's attack mode? Bunch of nonsense.

I love how head-fi immediately goes on the attack without having heard them. They look nice, which is the first step for the YOUNG crowd. AKG isn't Monster, and they know what they're doing.

If you don't like them, you have plenty of sterile, analytical offerings from AKG.

Anyone link AKGs with EDM? I didn't think so. So now, I'm sure they'll give us EDM fans something we'd actually LOVE to use for that genre.

May 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #170 of 517
Quote:
Swedish house mafia top of the genre DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS.....they suck so bad even dj sneak was mocking steve angello for being a fake person HAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/#!/DJ_Sneak/status/186079145648865280

WOOOOO GENERIC ELECTRO THAT I COULD DJ IN MY SLEEP GO ENTRY LEVEL PLEB TIER ELECTRO!!!!!

I don't want to live on this planet.

May 18, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #172 of 517
Have you ever heard the of the K181 DJs?

Nah. But that being said, AKG isn't known for fun type headphones. If they wanna branch out and make some, there's nothing wrong with that. I highly doubt it means that they're changing everything around. People get upset over the simplest things.

May 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #173 of 517

Not true.  That would be the V-Moda M-80.

Quote:

What do you make of the Quincy Jones by AKG?

I suppose the V-Moda and the Q460 (K450) are in the same general area, but those were hardly marketed the way they should have been, and they're a bit cheap to compete with the Beats, since most consumers fall for the fallacy of appealing to money. Also, Quincy Jones is... not the most recognized person for an endorsement, despite what he has accomplished.

I'm also under the impression that the V-Moda is semi-open and has no iPod controls.

May 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #174 of 517
Quote:

I suppose the V-Moda and the Q460 (K450) are in the same general area, but those were hardly marketed the way they should have been, and they're a bit cheap to compete with the Beats, since most consumers fall for the fallacy of appealing to money. Also, Quincy Jones is... not the most recognized person for an endorsement, despite what he has accomplished.

I'm also under the impression that the V-Moda is semi-open and has no iPod controls.

The M-80 only comes with iPhone/android cables...

May 19, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #176 of 517
Quote:
Nah. But that being said, AKG isn't known for fun type headphones. If they wanna branch out and make some, there's nothing wrong with that. I highly doubt it means that they're changing everything around. People get upset over the simplest things.

but the K181 and 81

May 19, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #177 of 517
I'm don't need to but anything. (I know you mean buy).

However, just because it's sponsored by someone doesn't make it any less legitimate than those you mentioned. No one has heard it yet, and the design is pretty sleek. I'm sure it will be a competent headphone, as AKG isn't exactly old school Skullcandy.

May 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #178 of 517
I'm pretty sure the main reason people are slamming these in the first place is that they look nothing like the headphones AKG is famous for. Not to mention the fact that most AKG's have been made for either studios or audio-geeks. Sure, AKG can probably make a competent bassy headphone, just like Maserati can combine with Chrysler to make the TC. It's just an awkward combination.

May 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #179 of 517
Quote:
I'm don't need to but anything. (I know you mean buy).
However, just because it's sponsored by someone doesn't make it any less legitimate than those you mentioned. No one has heard it yet, and the design is pretty sleek. I'm sure it will be a competent headphone, as AKG isn't exactly old school Skullcandy.

I would rather you not tell me what I mean, as I meant BUT. as BUT...BUT THE K181!

May 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #180 of 517
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the main reason people are slamming these in the first place is that they look nothing like the headphones AKG is famous for. Not to mention the fact that most AKG's have been made for either studios or audio-geeks. Sure, AKG can probably make a competent bassy headphone, just like Maserati can combine with Chrysler to make the TC. It's just an awkward combination.

Has no one heard the 181,81,and581?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back