Need replacement of Audio-technica A900, any better closed cans ?
Jul 31, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #31 of 38
email sent guess it will take a day or 2 to find out,  in the meantime ive found something else.

click on

http://www.richersounds.com/vip

and free sign up to there newsletter/offers/prizes etc

and get a £10 in store off voucher,  guess u can pop into richer sounds and get them to price match and then get a tenner off :wink:

im lazy so gonna ask richer sounds if I can get my price beat of a fiver off,  hopefully making it £145 ( ive asked in the email)

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #32 of 38
This is the email I got from richer sounds :)

[size=small][size=12pt][size=medium][size=14pt]Hello[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=12pt][size=medium][size=14pt] [/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=12pt][size=medium][size=14pt]Please call our Mail-Order dept who can process the sale and the Pricebeat for you at the same time. 0333 900 0093.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

I think it should make the 550s for £145,  or one can use that tenner off voucher making it £140 instore only.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #34 of 38
well just brought them off flebay for a good price....

ill give a quick review of them once I get them and compare them to my audio technic A900s closed back headphones also.

All I need to do know is check to see if there is some special soft cleaning cloth for headphones ?

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
went to order this today and price gone back up to 180 quid,  oh gawd was too slow lol

Yeah, the day after I boought them at Superfi someone pointed out they'd gone back up.  Perhaps whoever listed them put them at £149 by mistake...  And I got lucky.

Stunning 'phones.  Got a Fiio E7 and have bass on number 2. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #36 of 38
Yeah was just waiting just another 2 days for pay day and naturally that is when the price went back up,  must have been a system error cos since then it has never gone back down but guess it may just come in a blue moon.

I got them from £130 used ones they were 2 weeks old and the user said his other AKGs were more suitable and he happen to buy them from superfi,  I get the reciept and AKG warranty card so if anything a bit of cash saved I will update this thread if I feel there better then Audio technics A900s.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

I got them from £130 used ones they were 2 weeks old and the user said his other AKGs were more suitable and he happen to buy them from superfi,  I get the reciept and AKG warranty card so if anything a bit of cash saved I will update this thread if I feel there better then Audio technics A900s.

Cool!

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #38 of 38
Quick early thoughts....

quality and workman ship compared to my audio technic closed A900s is great the AKG 550s look more stylish and sleek,  cable looks more solid and durable also.

Tried a few tracks and its different... very different to the sound my Audio Technic A900s,  I will need to investigate and swap and change around,  perhaps just myself but was hearing different instruments or more noticable on the akg 550s,   its seperation and way the voice is more centered.

Again just some quick early thoughts not sure if I like it like this or if the audio technics are better its just a different type of signature I guess.

more testing of course is gonna happen !

I did notice that there is a suction thing when they go around my ears and they seem to contain the noise quite well but there still leaking some noise,  but not anyware as much as my A900s.  The AKG 550s are much better closed and sealed,  I can crank up some mp3s at 3am without it keeping family awake which I can NOT do with the A900s,  I gotta be a bit conservative with the audio levels with the A900s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back