Need replacement of Audio-technica A900, any better closed cans ?
Jul 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 38
[size=10.0pt]I have just been informed that these parts will be available by the end of August.  [/size]
[size=10.0pt] [/size]
[size=10.0pt] [/size]
[size=10.0pt]Best regards[/size]

[size=10.0pt]So good news is the replacement pads are due for sale next month,  ive emailed right back asking for the price so hopefully will get confirmation if not then can wait till next month ![/size]

[size=10.0pt]So AKG 550 owners can rejoice[/size]

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:
[size=10.0pt]I have just been informed that these parts will be available by the end of August.  [/size]
[size=10.0pt] Best regards[/size]
[size=10.0pt]So good news is the replacement pads are due for sale next month,  I've emailed right back asking for the price so hopefully will get confirmation if not then can wait till next month ![/size]
[size=10.0pt]So AKG 550 owners can rejoice[/size]

I'm sure AKG K550 owners will rejoice, until they find out the price of the ear pads for the K550.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 38
that is my 100% my main concern right now.

I hope they do not cost 40-50% the cost of the product like audio technics are !

I have emailed them for a rough quote on the price.

Either way it looks like my choices are limited and the k550s got the best seal and best closed hp really going...

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #20 of 38
Have you looked at the Bose QC15?

They have cheap replacement parts, are comfortable, are sealed, provide great isolation, drive from anything, have good post-sales service, come with a nice accessory set, etc.

Oh yeah, they also sound really good, and the ANC does work. The only downside is that they eat batteries.

See here:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp (all of the parts/spares/accessories (click onto "Accessories") + headphones; pads are 10% of the price of the headphone).

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #21 of 38
thx they are impressive cans also but the noise isolation on the 550s are spot on for my needs,  if I do get them ill post back if i liked them or hated them comparing to my audio technic closed a900s.

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #23 of 38
nope but ive been watching the youtube vids and reading reviews...

I would have loved to hear them and compare with my Current audio technics but alas I guess can buy them and if I dont like them they go on ebay :)

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #25 of 38
That is the plan,  I will buy them and then find out if there any good ill compare directly to my AT A900s if there bad guess they can go back right up on flebay.

Its difficult in the UK,  no real shops that I can see that have high end headphones to test properly,  I guess there is no better test then the one can do at home.

Yeah heard of those Bose QC15 before but dont like the battery aspect :)

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #26 of 38
That is the plan,  I will buy them and then find out if there any good ill compare directly to my AT A900s if there bad guess they can go back right up on flebay.

Its difficult in the UK,  no real shops that I can see that have high end headphones to test properly,  I guess there is no better test then the one can do at home.

+1. You can also sell things here on the FS/FT boards. :)

Yeah heard of those Bose QC15 before but dont like the battery aspect :)

Yeah...I hate things that eat batteries too, but figured it was worth at least mentioning them. :xf_eek:

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #27 of 38
thx yeah worth suggesting them I tend to stay a bit clear of batteries reminds me of my old days with wireless headphones.

I already hate it when my wireless mouse looses battery :)

Thx yeah keeping an eye on the forums,  missed a few K550 deals already I see.

I have high hopes for these K550s,  but ill reply back here if there any good !

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #28 of 38
I tried calling up the UK parts department that deals with the AKG K550 ear pad replacement parts but they said its not coming up on the system.

So I will try calling end of next month when there released,  was just trying to find a price for them.

I am going to aassume the worst and think the price of the ear pad replacements are perhaps a silly expensive price !
Either way I am still trying to source a pair there are a few on sale on head fi and ebay at times... I think I will go for the 550s.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #29 of 38
I'm currently considering these.  Just about made my choice (although the "lack of bass" and fit complaints made me have second thoughts).

However if you've still not purchased, Superfi.co.uk are selling for £149 - which is a bargain.  You can buy online or go to one of their shops, or even buy off them through Amazon UK.

Now I'm wondering whether to buy online or just get down to their branch in Manchester...

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:
I'm currently considering these.  Just about made my choice (although the "lack of bass" and fit complaints made me have second thoughts).

However if you've still not purchased, Superfi.co.uk are selling for £149 - which is a bargain.  You can buy online or go to one of their shops, or even buy off them through Amazon UK.

Now I'm wondering whether to buy online or just get down to their branch in Manchester...

Your a legend !

Yes a very good deal,  I have actually missed out on 4 AKG K550s now over the past 2 weeks,  2 on ebay,  one went for £125 the other £135,  and one ended yesterday for a silly £155!  and also another sold it for £140 on headfi for sale section.

But you know for saving £15-25 quid id rather buy them new and get a reciept !

As for the lack of bass yeah ive heard a few people say this some have said its just a more solid bass? and the seal/fit is a tricky thing....  still for £150 there a bargain and if I dont like them over my Audio technic A900s,  can always ebay or sell them off slightly cheaper.

thx again,  oh wait up just had an idea....

Richer sounds were doing them for £179.99 but said they can price match it and beat it !

http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/akg/k550/akg-k550-blk

so im assuming one can get them to price match it and also a fiver off !  Making them £145 with free delivery

im gonna try and email richer sounds and confirm this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back