Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats.
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #31 of 62
If a person is truly interested in getting good-sounding headphones, all they need is a little nudge (e.g. simple explanation of the mass-marketing of inferior headphones, and the hobby in general) and they will be autonomous in seeking to get into this hobby.

Most people aren't, that's why people here try real hard to convince and "convert" their friends into buying audiophile headphones with little to no avail. Simple as that.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:
If a person is truly interested in getting good-sounding headphones, all they need is a little nudge (e.g. simple explanation of the mass-marketing of inferior headphones, and the hobby in general) and they will be autonomous in seeking to get into this hobby.

Most people aren't, that's why people here try real hard to convince and "convert" their friends into buying audiophile headphones with little to no avail. Simple as that.

Not really. Sometimes people really don't know what they're missing, and when they finally do, they're not looking back.

Back then my sister looking at my hobby as an excessive waste. Now she waits for me to come home every weekend so she can listen to my TBSE1s.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 62
For 300 dollars they don't. lol Not sure on the pros or is it studios. He has the second one form top tier.

Err.. Just googled it. He has studios not pros.

Studio is the bassiest out of all, if I remember correctly. What kind of bass do you find lacking? Midbass, bass, or subbass? Is it possible your friends pair has defect?

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #35 of 62
Not really. Sometimes people really don't know what they're missing, and when they finally do, they're not looking back.

Back then my sister looking at my hobby as an excessive waste. Now she waits for me to come home every weekend so she can listen to my TBSE1s.

Tell her to get her own lol, tbse1 is quite affordable. I have a pair

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #38 of 62
Quote:
You get a DAC for computer usage when you're getting noise in the background. It's extremely apparent when your computer desperately needs one. It would be good to do some research on what DACs and amps do before you make any recommendations to your friend. :)

I have friends that love Beats. I let them try my stuff if they're interested. Some are wowed, others aren't. If they've tried my stuff and still enjoy Beats more, power to them. Enjoyment is subjective, who am I to say that Beats don't sound wonderful to their ears?  

You shouldn't be focusing on getting an amp for anything under $300 for portable use. Spend it all on the headphone.

So very true, though i laughed for a good minute when i received some Beats Studios from someone as a gift when they heard i liked headphones.

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 62
I expect I'll eventually receive some Beats product from some aunt or another one of these days.

That aunt who finds out you're "into music" and a couple weeks later you get a Jimmy Buffet or Coolio box set

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #40 of 62
Quote:
I'm still new to the audiophile world but. I listened to his Beats and they sound flat. Flat lows, sharp highs, so so mids. He listens to Dubstep and I am trying to convince him to get an amp. Should he get an amp or a dac btw? I think he could get one or the other and some decent cans for 300.

Amp for beats? good one

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #41 of 62
If he likes them, fine. Ignorance IS bliss. I often use some nice headphones at work. Lot's of my co workers use total junk. Would I burst their bubble by telling them that? Would I offer them my phones to try unless specifically asked? Would I suggest they consider better phones and amps and dacs? Not in million years. Tell your friend his beats are awesome and if he agrees, great.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #42 of 62
My missus keeps threatening to buy me some Beats for xmas.

I just say fine just as long as you buy me a gun as well 
wink_face.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #43 of 62

Quote:

50% + 50% = 100%

Them two quotes completely say what I think about how people generally start off at headfi.
First off they don't care. Something pushes them to listen in. Then they either still don't care OR begin caring.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back