Need advice for desktop Rig that is most... smart?? under $1500
Oct 8, 2010 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rokkyboy

Head-Fier
Hello!!

I told myself that I would not come back to this site for a while.. but now that I sold all my equipment and its been over two months without audio nirvana, the stress has nowhere to go so they keep piling up inside me

I first got into this stuff for my mother, when she became busy and could not find time to go to classical concerts (her hobby of life), I got her HE5/EF5 with Cambridge DACmagic for her Christmas gift. I first heard Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bochelli sing Time to say goodbye through lossless 24bit, and god.. it defied the definition of sound I've been hearing all my life.

It really.. really was a great way to relax and smile and teleport to that fantastic, beautiful world =]

. After reading Audez LCD-2 reviews, I really wanted them but buying something brand new is too much for me at the moment. I am a newbie in the hi-fi community and only full sized phones I ever tried was HE-5/EF5 combo, K701, and Denon D5000s but D5000 I only heard briefly at a shop.

I am thinking of buying a Stax Lambada Pro and SRM T1, or Denon D7000 with dac/amp combo like a Compass or something else. 

I loved the Denon's sound so that's the reason behind going for that route.. and I'm looking for something that'll sell easily later when I want to. As for Stax, the curiosity of their sound is the primary reason behind them. I've looked around head-fi and felt that I really should listen to Stax or otherwise I would never understand how they really sound.

I really want to try the MARKL mod, to see how much difference it makes but it seems that it is very difficult to find them!

I listen to all kinds of music except for Electronica, Trance, and death metal. Recently I am into instrumental music from around the world, and female vocals. 

I don't have a preference in sound at the moment, and not looking for something perfect for my taste since I haven't figured that out yet. Just want something that sounds nicer than my desktop speakers.

I would prefer to spend $1,000, but if needs to be.. what can I do.. I have no power over my own money when it comes to audio gear I guess. My limit is $1500.

Please help me decide a route that is easy to sell after, meaning the most secure?, popular, and known-for-its-match combo. 

Thanks guys!

Rk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back