NBA Playoffs!
Jun 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #631 of 827
I think I'll just start calling him LeBrat, he certainly plays like one. Having said that the better team definitely won tonight regardless, it's hard not to feel good for the obvious sentimental favorites even if I've always rooted against the Mavs. They played like men agains boys all series (I'm convinced LeBrat is still in high school emotionally), and totally deserved this championship. Now the CBA negotiations take front center for the NBA, let's hope that it doesn't go the way of the NFL.

edit: And now for a word from our sponsor:

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #635 of 827
Anyone able to explain what this whole collective bargaining agreement is? As far as I'm aware it's an agreement between the players cut of what the NBA makes per year, would that be correct or am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind, good ol' wikipedia answered my question.

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #636 of 827
Seems like James is taking too much heat for this one.  And for some reason, all the articles bashing him aren't giving the Dallas D any credit.  Dallas did a good job crowding the paint which took away the lane from 260lb James.  I think Wade and Chalmers had a lot more success penetrating because they're smaller more elusive guards.  Chalmers got to the free throw line more than James did in this series.  James' game is more of a steamroller type and that didn't work w/ this D.

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #637 of 827
I agree that there is really too much heat on James (not in a good way of course!) and I kinda feel sorry for him... Until I remember just how much air he put on in the beginning of this season. What comes around goes around unfortunately.

Though do give Dallas some credits! The teamwork exhibited from them is nothing short of spectacular.

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #639 of 827
The following picks were made before the first game of the finals.

lbj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mavs and Heat!  Love it, storylines are juicy in this one.  Who's hungrier?  I say Mavs in 6, Dirk and Kidd get rings.

Good pick.

virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll go with boy lbj and take Mavs in seis; might as well pick them since I'll be rooting for them. 

Good pick if I do say so myself. 

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #641 of 827
I noticed that the stat line was virtually even for game six, except that Dallas shot a higher percentage, and committed 10 more fouls than Miami did, good job getting the Heat out of their rhythm.

I still like LeBrat as a player, he just needs to grow up as a person. He did finally outscore his teammates, but only after it was too late to win and because his teammates shot really poorly.

For all the hate against the Heat for bringing three stars together, the Celtics paved the way so why not. I never had a problem with that part of it, just the bratty play on and off the court. The Celtics play like men, they are a real team like Dallas. 

I would congratulate you guys on your awesome last-minute picks but you beat me to it yourselves 
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #642 of 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still like LeBrat as a player, he just needs to grow up as a person. He did finally outscore his teammates, but only after it was too late to win and because his teammates shot really poorly.

Same sentiments here. When LeBron first started, I remember being excited for this new talent and his future prospects. Now, after all is said and done for this season and his lack of sportsmanship throughout, he is right behind Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of respect -- which is to say almost none.

It is a shame. If he grows up as a person, he would be a favorite.

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #643 of 827
Congrats to Dirk and Kidd and company!

Like I said after Game 3 -- Dallas has proven they can defend Miami, it's now a matter of their offense overcoming Miami D. They sure as hell did that for the next 3 games, a lot of it due to Barea, Terry, and Kidd coming alive and knocking down their shots.

.......now my uncle can stop calling him Dirk No-RING-sky LOL!

Sorry LeChoke and Boshtrich, maybe next year!
tongue_smile.gif

Now.....if only Pat Riley can trade LeBrick for Dwight......I'll gladly cheer for Miami again when that happens!

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #644 of 827
Re: Lebron, he has some issues upstairs.  His ego, and his shrinkage on the big stage.  He needs to work on being more humble ("Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..."), his arrogance makes him an unlikeable figure and impossible for many to root for.  Get rid of the entourage and get rid of the King moniker.  Get some good mentors/advisors and forget about branding yourself as a global icon.  This would be start on the ego part.  I think more experience over the next several years may help with the shrinkage part, or he may have to seek some psychiatric help.

If I may, his game also needs some work.  Don't get me wrong, he's a physical specimen.  His combination of size, speed, strength, and jumping ability is unmatched, and finishing at the rim is his forte.  I don't get the impression he spends much time working on his other skills though.  Can you imagine what he'd be like with an actual post game?  Or with a sweet jumper?  Free throws too maybe?

About the "Not 1, not 2" schtick - he should have added "Not zero". 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #645 of 827
grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would congratulate you guys on your awesome last-minute picks but you beat me to it yourselves 
tongue.gif

Sureeeeeeee you would.

flyingbangus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said after Game 3 -- Dallas has proven they can defend Miami, it's now a matter of their offense overcoming Miami D. They sure as hell did that for the next 3 games, a lot of it due to Barea, Terry, and Kidd coming alive and knocking down their shots.

Throughout the series, Dallas gained more and more confidence. Also, and believe me this isn't an excuse for the Heat. But I thought Miami wore down a bit. The Mavs are great at exerting pressure on a defense. They make the extra pass. They force run out after run out on shooters, constant rotations by the defense. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back