NBA Playoffs!
Apr 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 827

lbj

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone here a basketball fan and anxiously awaiting the start of the NBA playoffs?  Big Laker fan myself, and I'm kinda liking our chances (current 3 game losing streak notwithstanding).

Discuss.

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 827
I'm a nba fan. My Rocket, too bad we didn't make Play Offs. I still think it's a chemistry thing, we got the talent. The West is just so difficult. My next team would also be the Lakers, but i also like teams such Thunder and Mavs.

edit. I got a feeling it's gonna be Spurs/Lakers Vs Boston, even though Chi town is doing well. They just don't have play off experience.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 827
Well the Rockets came close, and considering how long they went without their first win I'd say they did a good job righting the ship.  If they were in the East they'd have made it easily.

For some reason, I have a feeling it's going to be Miami in the finals for the East.  Boston gave up too much length with Perkins gone and Shaq hurting.  Chicago looks good, but somehow I think Lebron, Wade, and Co are going to handle Rose.  Unfortunately I also think it's the Heat who are going to give the Lakers the most trouble (assuming the Lakers get past SA, Denver, or OKC).

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 827
Big Lakers fan here. They are a back in a lull with their recent 3 game skid, but I think they'll be ready by playoff time. I'm rooting for Chi to be in finals against Lakers (of course), so that Phil can end his coaching where his run started.

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 827
I'm an OKC fan, hoping they can get through a couple of rounds. They definitely have the talent, they just need some more playoff experience. Give them a year or two more and I think we'll see them in the final.

If they were to get knocked out my next favorite teams are Boston and Chicago. When it comes down to it, as long as Lakers don't win I'm happy
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 827
matthewh133:
I'm an OKC fan, hoping they can get through a couple of rounds. They definitely have the talent, they just need some more playoff experience. Give them a year or two more and I think we'll see them in the final.

I too and agree. Into the second round would be a great season. And who knows, maybe Perk, Serge, Colly, and Nazr could do something against that Laker's front line? Assuming, OKC doesn't pop up to the three seed. Anyway, yeah past 2nd not likely, but the future's bright as long as everyone can remain healthy and happy. It will be interesting to see how quick RW hops on an extension offer this summer.

Add me to the chorus, that's it's all about the Lake show. They're just too big if Bynum is upright. Don't don't know what to make of the East and am really looking forward to see how that all shakes out. 

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 827

Quote:
don't like the lakers but seems like a 3peat......the heat in the final?  you must be watching too much sports center......

Sportscenter lol.  I don't actually have a good idea who'll come out of the East, I think the East is very hard to predict.  I just have a sinking feeling that it could be Miami, because as a Laker fan that's the team I fear the most.  Aside from center, the Heat starting 5 matches up all too well with the Lakers.  And I just feel like we haven't yet seen what's possible with the Heat.

Quote:

If they were to get knocked out my next favorite teams are Boston and Chicago. When it comes down to it, as long as Lakers don't win I'm happy
wink.gif

OKC is a fine team and got a lot better with the addition of Perkins and Nazr Mohammed.  I think you might be selling them short, they could make a run this year.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 827
I'm looking at OKC as the dark horse to win it all. For some strange reason, they seem to have one of the easier paths to the finals. They've shown they can handle the surging Nuggets. They have Perkins now for Bynum/Gasol and Duncan. Don't underestimate how much he can help. And depending on who comes out east, they'd definitely be having their hands full with KD and Westbrook. The Lakers will have their hands full if they wind up with Portland, who can match up well with them (not saying it's an upset, only that it's not as easy as your typical 2-7 matchup).

For the east, it seems like it's a toss-up between Chicago and Boston. But I'll take Boston only because they've been there, and have a better variety of offensive weapons compared to the Bulls. I don't think Miami has it this year, with all the stuff they can't figure out (bench, crunch time, etc).

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 827
Agreed, Miami doesn't have it this year, though if they can do some good deals over the summer I think they have a much better shot next year. They still have some flaws in the team that need filling before they will be a championship contender.

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #13 of 827

Quote:
Agreed, Miami doesn't have it this year, though if they can do some good deals over the summer I think they have a much better shot next year. They still have some flaws in the team that need filling before they will be a championship contender.

+1. For one, they never got to "using LBJ and Wade as PGs for a big chunk of the game" that was the obviously first thing they should have started doing. And they need a big man with a pulse, who is willing to do the dirty work. Not Dampier who doesn't have a clue, not Joel Anthony who is woefully undersized, and not Z, who's not taking enough formaldehyde to make a difference. Even worse, the coach is proving to be just as inadequate (and I'm so sad to say this, since he, like me, is Filipino).

BTW, I'm watching the CHI-BOS game right now, and I think I'm going to use the right to change my choice earlier. Does the Derrick Rose bandwagon still have seats? I'd like a first-class seat, please.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #15 of 827

Quote:
Derrick Rose is incredible. Boston can't win this year. Not with the big-men troubles they are having. They threw away their championship chances when Perkins went to OKC and Shaq got injured (again).

I take exception to that statement !

This is gonna be a GREAT playoffs, #18 fo Team Green :wink:

/ the crowd goes W-I-L-D ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back