NBA Playoffs!
Apr 7, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #16 of 827

Quote:
This is gonna be a GREAT playoffs, #18 fo Team Green :wink:

Uh huh, good luck with that 
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #19 of 827
Yes! Phil finishing is coaching career in Chicago fits nicely with his Taoist philosophy of going full circle with six championships with the Bulls (Yin) and Lakers (Yang) on each side, with the "dots" representing Kobe and Jordan, respectively. (just having a little fun)

In all seriousness, I think the Lakers will dominate the playoffs this year. Complacency is their own worst enemy, but I think they'll be especially focused and motivated this year knowing that their time is running out, with Phil retiring and the impending lockout. A lot is going to change next year.

Quote:
Lakers vs Chicago in the finals?

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 827
Last night was really depressing. Of course my gf who's from LA is loving it and laughing at the C's. First Butler loses in the final game again, and now this... The only thing that'd complete this is the Red Sox lose to the Yankees today to be 0-7 and the Bruins getting knocked out again in the 2nd round

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #25 of 827
Basketball's a streaky sport, and the Lakers are the streakiest. Two weeks ago, the storyline was how they'll romp through the playoffs, now it's how they'll be upset.  It seems like the Lakers always stumble into the playoffs, last year iirc they had a losing record after the All Star break.  We all know how that turned out.

Win streak or losing streak, the Lakers always pull it together for the playoffs.

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #26 of 827
Yep, they have nothing to play for right now. The one seed is out of reach, plus they're not scared of the Spurs anyway, relatively speaking. Also, Dallas has mailed it in too, which has meant Purple and Gold hasn't had to worry about dropping to the three. They'll flip the switch. Bet the Thunder beat them tonight. On the other hand, maybe the old guys will get fired up to mark their territory against the young pups. 

I'm really looking forward to Heat/Celts in a few hours. It should be a brawl. 

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 827

Quote:
Derrick Rose is incredible. Boston can't win this year. Not with the big-men troubles they are having. They threw away their championship chances when Perkins went to OKC and Shaq got injured (again).

Until some other team proves it in the east, I'm taking Boston.

OKC Thunder is my team.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #30 of 827
This just in:
Andrew Bynum out for the Lakers with a hyperextended knee.

No updates yet on the severity of the injury, but I expect him done for at least the first round. If anyone can provide updates please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back