NBA Playoffs!
Aug 13, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #827 of 827
Quote:
And Bosch. But the US team will still be dominant in 2016, just so many good young players right now that will be there - Rose, Griffin, Davis and the veterans.

No love for Love? He's criminally underrated I tell ya'! Been following him since UCLA and he keeps getting better and better.

Quote:
It will be a transition for him in the West in playing the west ballers not just once or twice. The Lakers are really really trying to get Kobe that sixth ring. The West still goes through OKC for now and of course the East goes through.......
C'mon g. The whole true center myth has come and gone. The days when centers played with their backs to the rim are long gone. Players are too quick now. We will continue to see the two power forwards, one small forward and two guard rotations a lot more.
My point being that the true center applied back in the day when it was 5 on 5 ball, man to man. With the speed nowadays, the traps, the double and triple teaming on some players, the center has to step out into the perimeter lots of times. Throw in the transition game in being what it is today and getting faster, the big men rarely have time to set up and must play other roles.
Cheers!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll agree that true centers are going out of style. I've been seeing a lot of NCAA teams play 1 PF and 4 guards for a while now. Some trends move from the lower levels upward...

There still is a use for a center though. Maybe not "feed-em every possession" center, but rather someone who's a skilled rebounder, defender, shooter who can hold the 5 position. The big brutes are a lot less successful these days, but the more tactical center is still an important asset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back