NBA Playoffs!
Aug 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #811 of 827
Holy buy a title Batman, Christmas came early this year!

Quote:

"With D12 on board in purple and gold, the Lakers now boast the NBA's best starting lineup: Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol and Dwight."
Translation: OKC and Miami just got pwned
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #812 of 827
that's not how to make the nba more exciting!

any magic fans here?  your center/fanchise player went to la la land, again!

or maybe david stern was just making sure dwight ain't going back home this year....

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #813 of 827
A young, super-athletic center coming from Orlando to the Lakers...I'm feeling a bit of deja vu. Are we going to see three titles in a row? I wonder.

I bet they're glad they got rid of Bynum. No doubt the Lakers have a championship-grade line-up now; we'll see how far they go next year.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #814 of 827
No offense to PA residents but it will be interesting to see how Bynum fare as the face of the franchise in hellidalphia.

Prediction: he will try too hard to prove his worth and injure himself.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #817 of 827
Aug 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #818 of 827
It will be a transition for him in the West in playing the west ballers not just once or twice. The Lakers are really really trying to get Kobe that sixth ring. The West still goes through OKC for now and of course the East goes through.......

C'mon g. The whole true center myth has come and gone. The days when centers played with their backs to the rim are long gone. Players are too quick now. We will continue to see the two power forwards, one small forward and two guard rotations a lot more.

My point being that the true center applied back in the day when it was 5 on 5 ball, man to man. With the speed nowadays, the traps, the double and triple teaming on some players, the center has to step out into the perimeter lots of times. Throw in the transition game in being what it is today and getting faster, the big men rarely have time to set up and must play other roles.

Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #819 of 827
Quote:
It will be a transition for him in the West in playing the west ballers not just once or twice. The Lakers are really really trying to get Kobe that sixth ring. The West still goes through OKC for now and of course the East goes through.......

C'mon g. The whole true center myth has come and gone. The days when centers played with their backs to the rim are long gone. Players are too quick now. We will continue to see the two power forwards, one small forward and two guard rotations a lot more.

My point being that the true center applied back in the day when it was 5 on 5 ball, man to man. With the speed nowadays, the traps, the double and triple teaming on some players, the center has to step out into the perimeter lots of times. Throw in the transition game in being what it is today and getting faster, the big men rarely have time to set up and must play other roles.

Cheers!!!

I agree that the Heat play best with Bosch in the middle, but I wouldn't call Anthony a true center either; he's more of a foul machine. And the Lakers were arguably more functional with Gasol at center; I see him like Bosch as well as Garnett, more PF/centers than true centers. The Celtics were obviously better when they had Perkins in the middle.

Mr. 30 rebounds & 13 blocks will be more consistent when he is the focal point of the Sixers if he can stay healthy, which I doubt but I hope he does because he's awesome to watch when he's on.

Both Bynum and Howard are capable of taking over a game on both ends, that's what I mean by a true center. The Heat are the best team, and play well against defensive centers like Perkins and Chandler, as well as these PF/centers. But when they need someone to take over a game they have to turn to LeBron; not their center but not a bad option at all :^)

I don't know who will be able to challenge the Heat in the East (still the Bulls I suppose but watch out for those Knicks), but OKC will have their hands full trying to get back to the show (Vegas agrees, the Thunder came in at 4-1). The Lakers definitely have some unanswered questions re ball distribution and coaching, but all signs are good that this will work out. This new starting five knows how to play the game, and their bench should be much improved with the emergence of Hill, the energy of Barnes, and the scoring of Jamison.

OTOH, the template for beating OKC was laid bare in the finals last year. The big Q in the West is how fast can the Lakers gel, and how they take to the Princeton offense, which should be ideal for this bunch. And of course how much better can the Thunder get.

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #820 of 827
Quote:

I don't know who will be able to challenge the Heat in the East 

Did you watch the Eastern Conference Finals? The Celtics, with NO depth due to injuries, took the Heat to 7 games. Now that we have Jason Terry who can shoot almost like Ray Allen, and put the ball on the floor, a healthy Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox, as well as our new rookies...The Heat are done for. Ray Allen won't be a factor because Avery Bradley will lock him down.

I didn't even like last year's finals. So sloppy. The heat won because they were the less sloppy team.

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #821 of 827
I hear you grokit. Great points indeed. And g. who would of thought there would be success in starting CB at the 5 and Shane at PF. Love seeing Shane play D and CB still got his shots in that rotation.

Eke, eke...you can't go by previous series, especially going into a new year. We can always say the Sixers took the Celts to seven games as well, but it means nothing. Jet is not Ray (he does play outstanding against the Heat, though) and with all the attention going to LBJ, CB & D-Wade, I'm guessing he might have some open looks. Add Rashard to the mix and it will be fun. Avery and Green will be the keys.

Look out for Brooklyn & Philly.

Cheers!!!

Sent From My iPad From Ultrasone Planet Using Tapatalk HD

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #822 of 827
Yeah I was thinking about the Celtics when I wrote that, but I disagree on Terry being as effective as Allen, they're both streaky so we will see. As far as Bradley locking Allen down, don't forget there are a few guys on the Heat that demand a double team. I would expect Bradley to help out, and Allen to be wide open in those instances. The Celtics played well enough to not be broken up for rebuilding like many thought they would be, but Pierce and Garnett aren't getting any younger. Rondo is red hot though, Bass is full of energy and they have the best coach in the league since Jackson retired so I agree, it's hard to count them out.

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #824 of 827
It was a fun game to watch, Spain played us very well. If they would have had Rubio available it could have gone the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back