NBA Playoffs!
Apr 13, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #32 of 827

The Lakers have an easy first round, they will most likely play New Orleans who have been pretty meh. Not having Bynum until them won't be too bad. I would have loved to see them upset by Portland
very_evil_smiley.gif
OKC sure are looking good, really would be stoked if they won it all!

I am very interested to see how Miami competes in the playoffs this year with a pretty limited roster outside of the big 3. In relation to Boston, they are looking absolutely terrible at the moment. Losing to easy teams. They can't shoot. Defense isn't up to their usually outstanding level (which is what won them the championship a few years ago). I'm tipping they'll be gone within the first 2 rounds unfortunately.

I'm tipping Chicago vs Miami for the East Finals, with Chicago taking it in 4-1, maybe 4-2. Chicago is way too deep for Miami. West is harder to pick.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #34 of 827
As much as I want to see a Lakers vs. Bulls finals, I see the Heat having a slight advantage over the Bulls. The Heat's defense is much improved, and I see Wade shutting down Rose.

Quote:
I'm tipping Chicago vs Miami for the East Finals, with Chicago taking it in 4-1, maybe 4-2. Chicago is way too deep for Miami. West is harder to pick.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #35 of 827

Quote:
As much as I want to see a Lakers vs. Bulls finals, I see the Heat having a slight advantage over the Bulls. The Heat's defense is much improved, and I see Wade shutting down Rose.

Yes their starting 5 could give the Bulls a run for their money, but Wade, Lebron and Bosh can't play the whole 48 minutes of each of the 7 games
wink.gif
The Bulls are IMO far too deep and talented all-round for the Heat to take them out.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #36 of 827
It's hard to imagine the Lakers surviving much past the first round without Bynum.  Get well soon Drew.

On a side note, pg Steve Blake is out with the chicken pox.  Hope other players haven't contracted it...  but if they have can you imagine the Laker offense?  They'd never get fouled.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #37 of 827
I agree that the Bulls are deeper, but teams usually shorten their rotations during playoffs and there is more days off in between games for rest. It will be a great Eastern conference final (sorry Boston) and I can see it going either way. I think Thibodeau's defensive schemes will be the x-factor for the Bulls.
Quote:
Yes their starting 5 could give the Bulls a run for their money, but Wade, Lebron and Bosh can't play the whole 48 minutes of each of the 7 games
wink.gif
The Bulls are IMO far too deep and talented all-round for the Heat to take them out.

LOL. For the sake of the Lakers, I hope this will be the case.
Quote:
It's hard to imagine the Lakers surviving much past the first round without Bynum.  Get well soon Drew.

On a side note, pg Steve Blake is out with the chicken pox.  Hope other players haven't contracted it...  but if they have can you imagine the Laker offense?  They'd never get fouled.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #38 of 827

Quote:
I agree that the Bulls are deeper, but teams usually shorten their rotations during playoffs and there is more days off in between games for rest. It will be a great Eastern conference final (sorry Boston) and I can see it going either way. I think Thibodeau's defensive schemes will be the x-factor for the Bulls.

Yeah as long as the Bulls keep up the incredible defense they will be super hard to beat.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #39 of 827
LA Times is reporting Kobe, Bynum, and Artest have never had the chicken pox.  Unknown as of yet if they've had the vaccine. Blake had a fever on Monday when he sat with the team for a video session, he was later diagnosed on Tuesday.
blink.gif

Bynum's mri is scheduled for 11am PST.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #41 of 827
Did anyone see Bynum "hobbling" off the court after his injury? I just watched the video, and he wasn't even limping. The switch will flip, the Lakers just got bored with winning but that will change in the playoffs.
The chicken pox is much more worrisome; if the starters contract it for the first time as adults they will not be able to play.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #44 of 827
With the OKC loss today, looks like the Thunder have locked up the 4 seed (someone correct me if I'm wrong).  That puts them up against Denver, should be a very interesting series.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #45 of 827
J W:
James Harden had better make Bruno S proud.

J HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Did you see the failed backdoor with Nazr tonight? I was thinking Colly would of threaded that bounce pass. Anyway, Harden is awesome; has that old man's game as the Jet is wont to say.

I like the how the Thunder matchup with the Nuggies. They're more physical, plus are young enough to run with them. I also wonder if Denver's lack of go to guy will catch up sooner or later. That all may be famous last words perhaps. There has been some trash already talked between the teams, and their last two matchups were not very friendly. It should be fun. 

Oh my two cents about the East. I like the Heat, but think that conference is more unclear than the other side. As I've said, if Bynum is upright, the Lakers are going to take the West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back