NBA Playoffs!
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #661 of 827
Too bad there's no game seven tonight 
frown.gif

Ah well Wimbledon starts soon. Let's see if Federer has any payback left, I think he does and would like to see a rematch of the French final.

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #663 of 827
Does anyone else follow the NBA website polls whenever they are on there? Is it just me or are the results highly biased whenever there is anything related to the Lakers on there? Eg. "Who will win the championship next year?". 32% Heat, 30% Lakers, 16% Bulls and 22% other. In other words, 30% of the voters on the poll are Laker fans lol.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #664 of 827
^ Not really surprising.  By virtue of their long history of winning, the Lakers have a huge fanbase.  Plus, you can look at the 2011 playoffs and say, either the Lakers are on the decline, or that was an anomaly.  A lot of people think it was an anomaly.

What, you expected 30% to vote Thunder? 
biggrin.gif

I expect the Lakers to be in the mix, as well as obviously Dallas (the fact that Dallas is not among the top 3 vote-getters shows the general lack of respect the team receives).  Given that LAL has a new coaching staff to work in, I might not have them in the top 3 though.  OKC and Memphis are on the rise too.  From the East, it's all Heat imo.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #665 of 827
I think the Mavs could have another run in them, but the Lakers and Thunder have a good chance to go to the Show as well. I agree the Heat will likely be back, and it would be great to have a "winner take all" two out of three rematch between them and Dallas.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #667 of 827
^ I think yes.  Eventually.  If he stays with the Heat, with Wade as the go-to guy, he gets one within the next 2-3 years.

If the Big Three gets blown up (as some observers and even some Heat fans are suggesting), I think Lebron should be the one cast off the island, considering how ineffective he is on the big stage, and how closely his style of play mimics Wade's.  Heat can get a good center or PG, and a bunch more, for Lebron.  If Lebron gets traded and he has to be the main guy on his new team, it's going to be a while before he matures enough to live up to that role.

Personally, I think it's too early to break up the team.  The Heat should stay intact and piece together a better bench with their available pennies.  They came awfully close to the prize this year.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #669 of 827

Quote:
Do you guys think Lebron will ever get a ring??

A ring, yeah. But I won't be betting that he'll (or the Heats) be owning Championships right and left.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #670 of 827
Dynobot, you might be right.  Wade seems to have injury after injury.  I don't see Lebron playing into old age either.  His physical skills are his greatest asset, as they start to erode I'm not sure what he has to fall back on.  He's no Kobe, who in his 30's has lost a step, but keeps his competitive fire and sweet shooting stroke.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #671 of 827
Lebron needs to stop being such a big head, there's a word he forgot. 

Teamwork.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #672 of 827

Quote:
Lebron needs to stop being such a big head, there's a word he forgot. 

Teamwork.

That is the very reason so many people don't like him.  People called him King James and he believed it.

Humbleness is as Humbleness does, as Forest Gump might say....

However I wonder if he "Needs" a huge ego in order to play his best.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #673 of 827
I just read that the cost of a typical NBA championship ring is about $30,000 a piece.  That's some bling.

Here's a chart showing of all the rings.  Sweet.  Hope Cuban bows to the pressure and gets his team rings, instead of... whatever he was thinking of getting.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #674 of 827

Quote:
That is the very reason so many people don't like him.  People called him King James and he believed it.

Humbleness is as Humbleness does, as Forest Gump might say....

However I wonder if he "Needs" a huge ego in order to play his best.

Good point.

I hate humbleness more like confidence but that might be what he needs.

This was suppose to be the dream team. 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back