NBA Playoffs!
Jun 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #677 of 827
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #679 of 827
Somebody in the Mavs org needs to slap some maturity into Stevenson. I love how he knows and plays his role on the court, but he can get really irritating with his dumb comments in the media, never mind him celebrating every single made 3.

He almost broke out a fight (and risk suspensions) with his shoving of Haslem, then calls the Heat "classless".....then proceeds to get arrested due to intoxication. Sheesh.

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #680 of 827
Don't forget his "Hey Lebron, how's my Dirk taste" shirt.  I like him too, but he seems to like pushing the wrong buttons.  I believe he's a free agent this summer, I wonder how invested Dallas is in keeping him.

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #681 of 827
Given how Stevenson played this entire post season, I do hope Cuban keeps him. Then again, who knows if we would've seen the same minutes and contributions from him if Butler and Beaubois wasn't injured. Kinda reminds me of Marcus Camby in 1999, filling in for injured Patrick Ewing.

However, with the upcoming CBA and Chandler's importance, I wouldn't be surprised if DeShawn suits up for another team.

Jun 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #683 of 827

Quote:
Somebody in the Mavs org needs to slap some maturity into Stevenson. I love how he knows and plays his role on the court, but he can get really irritating with his dumb comments in the media, never mind him celebrating every single made 3.

He almost broke out a fight (and risk suspensions) with his shoving of Haslem, then calls the Heat "classless".....then proceeds to get arrested due to intoxication. Sheesh.

I agree. He irritates me. Getting to the finals really boosted that ego of his to another level. He hurts their image in my eyes.

In regards to Lebron and not being a team player, I'm not all that convinced that's true. I mean, we've all seen his passing skills, and he consistently gets 5-6 assists. Dirk gets less than that easily. I think his decision making skills under pressure needs maturing, though.

I think in time we'll see him become a better finals player, he clearly has a little more maturing left to do in that head though. Maybe losing the finals this year will fix that and drive his lust for a ring to the next level. Hopefully not too much that they beat the Thunder next year :p

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #684 of 827
LeBron was a monster in the paint that truly reminded me of Magic crossed with Jordan the way he could take over a game during Cleveland's run to the finals but it ended there. Once he got to the finals he started getting consistently double and even triple-teamed; instead of rising to the challenge he decided to start "taking what the defense gives", passing and jump-shooting every damn time. Magic and Jordan were great at keeping the help defense honest by splitting those double teams for a score or a trip to the line as often as they took a jumper or passed the ball. This kept the defense guessing and off balance so the star they are covering dictates the play and keeps the advantage. By LeBron never challenging these double teams he is predictable and the defense has the upper hand. Magic and Jordan would just get their points at the line in the tightest of cover situations, and their teams would win championships. LeBron is too busy acting like he got fouled, when he should be forcing the issue to make sure he gets fouled or really collapses the defense before he passes if he's not going to score. Perhaps having hundreds of millions of dollars ($48 million just last year) takes away one's motivation, hmm? You'd think he would get some better headphones at least.

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #686 of 827

Quote:
LeBron was a monster in the paint that truly reminded me of Magic crossed with Jordan the way he could take over a game during Cleveland's run to the finals but it ended there. Once he got to the finals he started getting consistently double and even triple-teamed; instead of rising to the challenge he decided to start "taking what the defense gives", passing and jump-shooting every damn time. Magic and Jordan were great at keeping the help defense honest by splitting those double teams for a score or a trip to the line as often as they took a jumper or passed the ball. This kept the defense guessing and off balance so the star they are covering dictates the play and keeps the advantage. By LeBron never challenging these double teams he is predictable and the defense has the upper hand. Magic and Jordan would just get their points at the line in the tightest of cover situations, and their teams would win championships. LeBron is too busy acting like he got fouled, when he should be forcing the issue to make sure he gets fouled or really collapses the defense before he passes if he's not going to score. Perhaps having hundreds of millions of dollars ($48 million just last year) takes away one's motivation, hmm? You'd think he would get some better headphones at least.

Agreed.

Messed up I don't it will last long.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #688 of 827
^ Nice clip. If you go to the YouTube page, that Steve Kerr quote is interesting. Goes toward explaining why he can dominate single coverage but is not able to effectively attack double/triple teams anyways...

"The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie...He doesn’t have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That’s what Michael did in his sleep."

It also goes a long way toward explaining those recent Pippen quotes about LeBron being greater than Jordon 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back